“Overnight before our flight”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Lesmahagow, United Kingdom
“Overnight before our flight”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight using the parknfly service. This was a good experience with helpful and polite staff. The hotel is very convenient for the airport and offers a shuttle bus service free of charge and only takes minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jan B
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that you were impressed with our Park, Stay & Fly package and that we were able to provide you with efficient and convenient service.

I do hope that if you ever require accommodation at Manchester Airport again in the future you will consider returning to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Batley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I always stay over here if i have an early flight. A double/twin room usually costs app £56.00. The rooms are big and modern with lovely beds and bathrooms. The pillows are to die for really comfy. You can also usually get a deal with a meal added in their restaurant. The food is good and service great. Check in/out really fast and they do airport shuttle which is only a couple of mins to the airport. Good value hotel which is a great stopover. oh and the breakfast was good too.

1 Thank Foxy1515
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay, and I have to admit I agree with you about the pillows!

I do hope that if you need accommodation at Manchester Airport again in the future you will consider returning so that we can do the same all over again.

Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Have stayed here on a number of previous occasions. Location of the Hotel is great for the airport. In general it is clean and tidy, but is showing signs of tiredness and lack of attention/maintenance. We stayed overnight and supposedly booked 2 adjacent rooms earlier this year. Not too much to ask for rooms side by side with plenty of notice? Both rooms could hardly be further apart, although they did manage to get us on the same floor. Don't expect the air conditioning to work cos it heats the room only, even when set on cold! You can then of course open the window a small amount to get some ventilation only to be kept awake by the sound of trains passing. The shower control was broken in our room, impression was it had been that way for some time. The staff here are quite impersonal and as for the shuttle bus driver, unfortunately I can't truthfully comment here about that. Needless to say it is not what you would normally expect. This is the first time we have seen the standards drop below par, and on this basis will not be booking this hotel again. It is a bit of a disappointment when, from memory I have stayed here on four separate occasions without cause for complaint.

1 Thank Keith N
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport; I am only too sorry that you found this to be lacking on this occasion.

Please accept my apologies for your request not being honoured, I would need to look at your bookings to see why this was not picked up on this occasion but should point out that a request is just that, it is unfortunately not a guarantee. With regards to your comments about the room, please accept my apologies that there appears to have been issues that should have been rectified prior to your arrival. It would seem that we need to look at this as a matter of urgency and therefore I ask that you contact me directly via gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com with a little more information to pass on to both our Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper.

I was also disappointed to read about the level of customer service you received during you stay. As you have stayed before I am sure you are aware that this is certainly not indicative of the standards that we aim to provide and as such your comments have been passed on to the Front Office Manager and the Transport Manager for them to address with their teams. I was very concerned about your comment regarding the Shuttle Bus Driver, we usually get extremely good comments about this aspect or our service and therefore would ask for a bit more information on this also if possible.

We take all comments, both positive and negative, extremely seriously as this helps us to make our business the best that it can be and therefore I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I completely understand that I cannot change the experience that you had but I hope that by using these comments we can prevent this from happening again in the future.

I do hope I will hear from you soon, and hope that I can go some way towards restoring your faith in the hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed for one night in a family room before returning home to Dubai.

Check in was smooth, polite and quick, the room basic, although clean it was starting to appear a little dated, even so it served its purpose. Bar, restaurant very basic and clearly catering for the masses.

If you're arriving late to catch an early flight or visa versa and simply want a place to sleep then this hotel is ideal.

Finally prompt and on time terminal transfer which when you're catching a plane is always a good start to your journey.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Exiles
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience for Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a convenient stay prior to your early morning flight. We like to think that we take the stress out of this situation and help to get your trip off to the best start.

I hope you went on to have a safe trip home and look forward to opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Can't beat the location for this airport hotel, and the price is very reasonable. Staff were very friendly. Hotel could use a little updating but otherwise a good value for the money. Restaurant has a very adequate breakfast and evening meal service. The waitstaff were very attentive.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lawguy22
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your honest review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Although only staying one night on two separate occasions, both stays were splendid, and
as a stopover before or after a flight- it was ideal,
Compared to other hotels nearby it is also favourably priced, as well as being the closest
hotel to all terminals.
A free shuttle bus operates to all terminals every 10 minutes // day & night, and from term`s to
hotel on request by Freephone.
Room was spacious and clean, Bar large and comfortable, and Dinner in the large dining
room I found very enjoyable, served by smiling and courteous staff.
The only small gripe I had was being charged- £8 for hotel car park, however-otherwise
a relaxing and trouble free stay. Will stay when using Man/airport again..

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay for Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with two clean, comfortable and efficient stays and would like to take the opportunity to say that your review was very honest and concise and will be a great source of information for those looking the book Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport in the future.

With regards to the parking, I apologise for your frustration at the £8.00 per night charge however we do keep this in check with other costs on the Airport complex and we are still the cheapest by far thus ensuring value for money.

It is great to hear that you would choose to stay again in the future and we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2014

It's a Bewleys at an airport so, as to be expected, a pretty generic lifeless place but had everything we needed for a comfortable overnight stay before an early flight. The room was nice, everything was clean and, most importantly, getting to the airport was quick and easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.