“Very good hotel except for the beer” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #47 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
York, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel except for the beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed on the 25th October for a night prior to flying away on holiday. The hotel as always is ideal, as we have stayed there many times. The only fault when we stayed this time was the glass of beer, which was very poor. I think the lines wanted cleaning. I did a review on their site, but as it was a negative regarding the beer they didn't show it. Typical Irish.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am glad that on the most part you enjoyed your stay with us here. I am however disappointed to learn that the quality of the beer was not up to the standard that you expected. We have procedures in place to ensure that the lines are cleaned on a regular basis however, I have passed your concerns on to our Food and Beverage Manager who will look into this in more detail.

I hope that this hasn’t deterred you from staying with us again in the future and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back.

Debbie Broderick
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed here with our 2 children on 25th October ready for an early morning flight the next day.

The hotel was easy to find, check in was quick and efficient and the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. She advised us to book the airport shuttle bus for the next morning, or we could walk but with 4 cases and 2 children we didn't fancy a 4am trek! We were given perfect directions to our room which we were pleased with when we got to it. The only criticism is that I booked a cot for our 1 year old but there wasn't one there. I let reception know who sorted it out whilst we were eating our evening meal.

We ate in the Brasserie restaurant which we felt was good but a little over priced. Our waitress was very miserable and didn't look like she enjoyed her job (approx. 30 years old, female, tall, medium build with brown/blonde hair in a pony tail). There was no customer interaction and no acknowledgement of our baby or 5 year old son.

Our children played in the children's area for an hour, this was a very good idea in a hotel which was very busy with families. The toys do need a good clean, however.

There wasn't much airport noise or disruptions during our stay. We didn't eat breakfast as our flight was too early and the restaurant didn't open til 5am.

On arrival back to Manchester airport, we used the free courtesy phone to get the shuttle bus which was already outside waiting by the time we got to the designated stop. A very good service.

We arrived back at the hotel, checked our car out and away we went. We didn't find the car park dark or scary as another review stated, maybe there is another level we were unaware of, but our space, in front of the trees to the right of the hotel was great.

On the whole, a very good stay, great value at £100 for a room for 4 with 8 days parking.

We would fully recommend and definitely stay here again if our flight is very early, but wouldn't have an evening meal in the Brasserie.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank woobywou
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing such a detailed review. These kinds of reviews really help us to look at all areas of our business and assess to see if there are changes that need to be made.

Please accept my apologies for the oversight of the cot that you had requested, I am pleased we were able to rectify this quickly for you. I was concerned to read your comments regarding the Brasserie, we aim to provide a friendly service to all of our diners but on this occasion it does appear that this was lacking. I have passed the details on to our Food and Beverage Manager who will be able to use them as a training tool to highlight how this can impact on the overall impression of the hotel.

I am happy, however, that on the most part your stay was an enjoyable one and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you and your family back on another date in the future.

dumfries
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I used this hotel before an early flight, the hotel itself is lovely, food was good, ran out of wine we would of liked & we had a early sitting so that was disappointing. The biggest problem I encountered was when picking up my car just before midnight on return was that my car was at the bottom of the car park, as 2 women with a child were travelling I feel the car should be put at top of car park or in main car park on return for safety. My friend stayed with her son & I collected alone feeling extremely vulnerable! Maybe this is something that should be asked on registration?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest feedback that we can improve the standards and service that we provide.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of your preferred wine, we constantly review our stock levels but occasionally demand for a product can take us by surprise.

With regards to your comments on the car park, I have passed these on to our Transport Manager who is always looking at ways to improve the procedure. Should you book with us again and require parking please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will organize the parking element for you.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at Bewleys the night before we flew to Florida. Upon entry the staff were exceptional to help especially the man who assisted with our car parking out the front of the hotel. He offered lots of good information about checking in our cases the night before so we had a longer stay at the hotel in the morning. He told us about the free courtesy bus to the airport also. This was great because it was available every few minutes. This hotel is however within walking distance also. On our return flight we used the complimentary phones from inside terminal 1 and the bus was outside in a few minutes. We were given our car keys and the cars location bay and my husband got the car within 5 minutes and we were on our way.
All in all the cost was excellent considering it was an overnight stay for 5 of us with 15 days parking. A lot of hotels do not accept 5 in a room and I thought I had to book two rooms somewhere but I am so pleased I emailed Bewleys who said it was ok with them if I was fine to share. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Francesca A
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family and enable you to start you holiday in the right way.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations Team when booking again and we will be happy to book you the same type of room.

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

A pleasant hotel with helpful staff. Within a short walking distance from the airport but also used their courtesy taxi service. Both evening meal and breakfast excellent value. Would stay here again if flying from Manchester.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colin M
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review. It’s good to know that in a short space of time we were able to make such a positive impression.

Thank you for choosing Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport – we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

It isn't anything like a bog standard cheap hotel.
The rooms are very clean and roomy, great food and good prices for food and bar.
The bus that takes you to your terminal is great also!
Maybe put extra pillows in the room if more than one person is staying as we only got one spare and there was 3 of us!
Good hotel and great value for money!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

What a lovely positive review, thanks you. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

In reference to the pillows, I have passed this comment on to the Head Housekeeper and she will look into this, as I agree, there should be extra pillows for all of the potential people in the room.

Should you wish to book with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gr.manchesterairport@belweyshotels.com and I will be happy to look at this for you.

Debbie Broderick
Guest Relations
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel has absolutely everything you could want from an airport hotel. The check in was fast and efficient, the room was pleasant and warm, the restaurant was quiet and the food very good. I was particularly impressed by the free shuttle service in the morning, which seemed to be running every few minutes. Having waved my daughter off I then walked back to the hotel to collect my car-it took 2 minutes. I will definitely stay here next time I fly from Manchester.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad that your stay and transfer to the airport went without a hitch, it’s always nice to hear when we have got it right.

We hope you will choose Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport again in the future.