“Overnight stay before longhaul flight”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #51 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at Bewleys the night before we flew to Florida. Upon entry the staff were exceptional to help especially the man who assisted with our car parking out the front of the hotel. He offered lots of good information about checking in our cases the night before so we had a longer stay at the hotel in the morning. He told us about the free courtesy bus to the airport also. This was great because it was available every few minutes. This hotel is however within walking distance also. On our return flight we used the complimentary phones from inside terminal 1 and the bus was outside in a few minutes. We were given our car keys and the cars location bay and my husband got the car within 5 minutes and we were on our way.
All in all the cost was excellent considering it was an overnight stay for 5 of us with 15 days parking. A lot of hotels do not accept 5 in a room and I thought I had to book two rooms somewhere but I am so pleased I emailed Bewleys who said it was ok with them if I was fine to share. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Francesca A
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family and enable you to start you holiday in the right way.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations Team when booking again and we will be happy to book you the same type of room.

With Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (5,525)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A pleasant hotel with helpful staff. Within a short walking distance from the airport but also used their courtesy taxi service. Both evening meal and breakfast excellent value. Would stay here again if flying from Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin M

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review. It’s good to know that in a short space of time we were able to make such a positive impression.

Thank you for choosing Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport – we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

It isn't anything like a bog standard cheap hotel.
The rooms are very clean and roomy, great food and good prices for food and bar.
The bus that takes you to your terminal is great also!
Maybe put extra pillows in the room if more than one person is staying as we only got one spare and there was 3 of us!
Good hotel and great value for money!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Reviewer

What a lovely positive review, thanks you. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

In reference to the pillows, I have passed this comment on to the Head Housekeeper and she will look into this, as I agree, there should be extra pillows for all of the potential people in the room.

Should you wish to book with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gr.manchesterairport@belweyshotels.com and I will be happy to look at this for you.

Debbie Broderick
Guest Relations

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel has absolutely everything you could want from an airport hotel. The check in was fast and efficient, the room was pleasant and warm, the restaurant was quiet and the food very good. I was particularly impressed by the free shuttle service in the morning, which seemed to be running every few minutes. Having waved my daughter off I then walked back to the hotel to collect my car-it took 2 minutes. I will definitely stay here next time I fly from Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad that your stay and transfer to the airport went without a hitch, it’s always nice to hear when we have got it right.

We hope you will choose Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Bewleys is a large hotel that is well suited to accommodating a large number of travelers pre or post travel. I found the reception to be very helpful indeed with a lovely attitude to me their guest. The room was also good. As you could expect in a hotel of this type there can be a bit of noise throughout the night from guests coming and going. The bar area is huge and designed for catering of large numbers of guests on a stop over, there are no stools at the bar. I was not overly impressed with the food I had in the bar, the quantity was more than adequate but quality seemed lacking to me. Breakfast however in the restaurant was good and the staff were helpful and friendly. Overall Bewleys does what it claims, the rooms are good, there is free WiFi and i would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, we take all comments we receive very seriously and try and use them to improve the standards and service we offer. I am glad that on the most part you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and am glad that you would choose Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport again.

I have passed your comments regarding the food quality on to both our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager who constantly work together to better the menus that we can provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back at a future date.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Checking in 9pm and out at 5am my stay was short, but pleasant and exactly what I was looking for.

The hotel is modern, clean and the rooms are reasonably spacious with everything you need for a 1 night stay or for business trips.

The staff were polite and helpful, and whilst I never had food or drinks the bar and restaurant area appeared pleasant.

The most important point for me was the proximity to the Airport terminal. It is walkable to the train station and terminals, but not recommended due to the busy nature of the area. The hotel provide a free shuttle service which was perfect, it picked me up from the train station within 5 mins of arrival and having pre-booked at checkin took me directly to T3 within 2 or 3 mins the following morning.

I would most certainly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank J111MPW

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to hear that we were able to offer a great level of standards and service and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at Bewleys for the 3rd time before an early flight out of Manchester and have always had a decent time.

On this occasion, we stayed in a room on the 2nd floor and everything was very clean and tidy. I received a quick check-in and the nice lady on reception even prompted me to book the shuttle for our flight the next morning at the point of check-in which I may have forgotten otherwise.

Yes, the beds may not be luxury comfort, the place may need a lick of paint and the restaurant could be cheaper, but the price and location for a flight out of Manchester is good value.

Service was excellent from both hotel staff and shuttle drivers and we had another nice stay at Bewleys.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel via Trip Advisor, open and honest reviews help us to move the product forward where necessary to ensure we are meeting our guest’s needs.

I am aware that there is a lot of competition for every guests business therefore I am grateful for your loyalty to the hotel.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.