“Great for Early flights”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #50 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked this as on an early flight out of Manchester next morning, travelled by train and shuttle bus there waiting as we arrived and even though we hadnt called the hotel to request a pick up the driver was very pleasent and took us along with four other guests with no questions or grumbles. Very quick check in as we had pre-paid on line, receptionist asked if we would require a table in the main restaurant for evening meal which we did, this hotel is situated out of town there is no where near so if you dont want to pay take sandwiches or get a taxi in to town. Yes restaurant prices (especially the drinks) were a little steep for what we had but food was nice.
Room was clean and well equiped had tea & coffee etc, bathroom very spacious and clean, can accommodate wheelchairs etc. Bed comfy only complaint is that we overlooked all the air con units and so a little noisey and at times abit whiffy but for 1 night it was not a problem.
Shuttle bus again at 06.30am to transfer to terminal no hassle at all.
Would definitely recommend for staying there before or after flights, very convenient and the complimentary shuttle takes all the hassle out of getting to the correct terminal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor, all comments are valuable to us and help us to look at our business and hopefully provide a better service to all of our guests.

I am delighted to hear that we your expectations were met if not exceeded during your stay. It is always nice to hear when our team members are working well in their roles, I will ensure your good comments are fed to the appropriate Heads of Department.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future and would recommend that you request one of our rooms on the newer side of the building that are away from the fan units and may be a bit quieter for you.

Allison Diggle

Write a ReviewReviews (5,441)

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I'd read some poor reviews so was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Fast check-in, on-site parking, lovely furnishings, 2 double beds even though there were only 2 of us, coffee and tea for 4 also. Better than some so-called 4 star hotels I've stayed in. A short walk to Terminals 1 and 3 though they also have a shuttle bus. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to hear that we were able to offer a great level of standards and service and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as a easy way for getting to airport.
£105 for 3 people & 15 days parking.
Room nice
Bed comfy
Spent most of our time in the bar having drinks & some half decent food.
The wife had the Tie green Curry £13 (RIP OFF)
The plough mans platter was much better value

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that on the most part you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your experience in the Bar has been passed on to both the Food and Beverage Manager and the Head Chef who strive to use the feedback to better the menus and the food offering that we provide.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rooms were average and no complaints there.

Restaurant was an absolute rip off. Food was awful and no where near enough choice for the price we paid!

Left car at hotel for 10 days a brand new car which has no marks and spotless inside.
On return we found out it obviously takes 3 people with disgustingly muddy feet to move the car and the front and back seats were covered in mid AND it must of been a long drive to the car park because someone decoded to get comfortable and put their feet on my dashboard leaving muddy footprints all over!

Staff weren't helpful, restaurant service was appauling and would advise anyone to never leave theor car parked here again unless they want to spent money on getting it cleaned!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Reviewer

All comments both positive and negative are important to us therefore I would like to thank you for taking the time to place these on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that you received value for money in the Restaurant; we do hope that we offer something for most palettes but we understand that this is not always the case.

Having parked your car with us you are aware we work alongside a parking company called Speedypark, I am extremely concerned to read your comments regarding your vehicle, many thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have already passed these on to the company as completely unacceptable and will be monitoring this going forward.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed 6th Sept, had no sleep due to hard mattress and poor lumpy pillows. On return from Mexico a really long flight we arrived to claim our car as we booked the package stay and park. We stood in a line of people and were told our car could not be found and they did not know where the keys were! We were told to complete a complaint form and go through and have a complimentary breakfast which we did not need as we had eaten on the plane. Eleven cars that we know of were not "found". We thought we had left the car with Bewleys but in fact they pass the car to Speedypark who take it away and park it. We were held up an hour until our car arrived. We were home several days and I then had an e-mail from assistant manager at Bewleys stating that she was pleased that our complaint had been resolved and that we had received an apology from Speedypark. I returned her e-mail stating that nothing of the sort had occurred. She stated that she would look into it and come back to me. Several days later I received another e-mail "When had we completed the form and what dates had we stayed". I then awaited many days and contacted her again, to be told that there was no record of our complaint as they could not find the form. This was also incompetent, so I asked to speak to the manager who is Andy Diggle, who contacted me to say they had reviewed CCTV footage and found the footage of us handing the form in. He obviously doubted that we had done so. It appears that the form was put into a tray for things already dealt with!!!. Mr Diggle offered us a half price stay next time, which I assured him would not ever happen. We considered ourselves lucky as we spoke to one couple whose car had also been damaged. We stayed at Bewleys five years ago when everything was superb but it has definitely deteriorated!. Think before you book as they edit their own web site reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shusui

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel via Trip Advisor, it is only through open and honest feedback that we are able to look at our procedures and indeed improve them if required.

As you have spoken with a number of people regarding this issue. I would just like to take this opportunity to apologise once more for the inconvenience that was caused. We do have a very good working relationship with Speedypark and they handle a lot of our guests car without complaint. However, we are aware this was occurrence caused a lot of confusion and undue stress for a number of guests and for this we are truly sorry.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here one night as part of a tour group. It was where we met up so it was convenient for those flying in. The rooms were nice and large, bed was comfortable, bathroom large. It was very clean. When I arrived there were perhaps 15 people in line to check in. The lady behind me just needed a parking lot token so I let her go ahead. There were only 2 people on the desk, but soon another one came on plus someone else who was manning a station but couldn't actually check anyone in and couldn't help with the parking token??? The clerk I dealt with was fine, but the hotel staff treated the group leader very badly. She had been there for several hours with a group of seniors and was attempting to get them checked in as soon as the rooms were cleaned. At one point a staff member motioned for her to follow her back to talk with the housekeeping manager. When she returned to the lobby area a reception staffer actually shook her finger at the leader and said she was not to do that. The leader said...*But your staff member took me back there*. Really inexcusably rude on the part of Bewleys. In my tour eval I recommended not using this hotel. I would not stay here again due to the staff. It does seem to be a recurring theme in many reviews as well so I hope management is interested and can work on this issue. Really, there is no excuse for having front line staff that is consistently rude to customers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the level of service that we aspire to achieve during your recent stay.

Please rest assured that all of these comments will be passed on to the relevant Head of Departments and the short fallings will promptly be addressed. As you are describing a specific incident I will need to investigate this with the team members on duty at the time in order to ensure that procedures and training is put in place with the right people to prevent this from happening again.

I hope that should you decide to stay with us again we will be able to go some way towards rectifying the impression that you received on this occasion.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Considering this hotel is on airport, there is hardly any noise. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bar has a good feel and has a plenty of choice. Only criticism would be the shuttle, it is quite small and gets booked up quickly, we had to leave early as we couldn't get a place at the time we wanted. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to the long stay car park 1/3 which I found to be cheaper (if booked in advance...