“Stopover”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice hotel with clean rooms exerlend tea & coffe facilities (plenty of milk) and fuss free check in/out, basic self serve breakfast for early flights, shuttle to and from airport and car parked in front of the hotel on return. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here overnight en route to Hong Kong and found it to be more than satisfactory for the price I paid. The room was comfortable and nice and warm when the temperature outside was below zero. The restaurant and bar were quite busy but the food and service were up to the task. I needed to drop off a rental car and the hotel was so close to the rental village that I could walk back in a few minutes. The courtesy bus was available when I needed it. Overall this is a good and convenient place to stay at the airport

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for two nights while in Manchester to watch a soccer game.the benefits of the hotel is that you can walk to it in 5 mins from the terminal which is handy and its the same time walk to the train station that will bring you straight into Manchester.the hotel does have a shuttle service that will drop you to the terminal and train station.the hotel itself is fine for a short stay or stop over...the rooms are a little dated but there quite and clean.we had breakfast the next day and the food was excellent and the staff where more than helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as we had a very early morning flight! Found the service at the front desk very poor! Got the impression that the guy didn't have much of a clue or took about 5minutes to answer each question! Then gave us very bad directions to our room! All we got was "round the corner on the right" it was actually round the corner I the lift then up to level 3 then round few more corners! Terrible service! Then at quarter past 5 in the morning we came down to check out, then said we hadn't paid! When we clearly had done the night before something we don't need at that time in the morning! Other than the poor service on the desk! The rooms was very clean and not far from the airport and the service from the bus was really good! Very cheerful to say it was so early!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Natalie187067
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed that you did not give me the opportunity to address the situation before posting your review. I will however, discuss your comments with the Front Office Manager and ensure any necessary training is implemented without delay. As you found the rest of the service to your satisfaction I hope you will give me the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you can be assured of our best attention.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had occasion to stay at this hotel 3rd and 11th March,we found it a very acceptable hotel.Courtsey bus provided free of charge to and from Hotel .Polite staff. Nice room .Well looked after. in short. Would we stay there again . Yes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on Tripadvisor. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling via Manchester Airport.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here overnight with Parking on the 28th Feb. We usually stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Hilton but thought that we would give it a try as our last 2 stays at the Crowne had not been as good.
We booked a family room with 2 double beds as we find the normal size double too small.
when we checked in there was a small queue and we were attended to by a girl who looked like she could have done with a fair amount of smartening up. Very bland service and bad directions to get to room. when we eventually found it the key would not work. Back to reception and another key. We opened the door and the room smelled of smoke this was a no smoking room.
We rang reception and she said that she would change the room. When I asked her why they allow people to smoke in non smoking rooms she just said they do sometimes. No apology etc. Back to room that was well worn and very basic. It was a disappointment. The hotel on a whole looks like it needs some TLC. It was not a start to a holiday but a put up with situation.
We went to eat. A burger fries and onion rings well over priced and the onion rings and chips were cold. My husband got the wrong meal. It was changed no real apology.
the best part of the experience was the transfer to the airport with a very pleasant driver who urged us the contact the manager Alison with the comments.
Did not like the experience and doubt if we will use them when we fly again in May.
Another small thing we have a disability badge and when we came back to the hotel the car could not have been parked any further from reception.

Room Tip: We had a job finding our room it is a maze
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaxw

Dear New Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to read that you were left the hotel feeling dissatisfied with the service you received. I will certainly be investigating the points you have raised and addressing any issues necessary. I have been discussing with my management team how to solve the problem of inconsiderate guests ignoring our request to refrain from smoking except in designated areas and I am in the process of putting a policy into place. I am pleased that our driver was able to show the standard of service I expect to be provided. Whilst we cannot guarantee our guest with disabled badges have their cars returned to the disabled bays in the interests of all our guests, our drivers are always happy to transport you to your vehicle. Whist you give me the impression you would not use the hotel again, I sincerely hope you re-consider and I can assure you of our best attention.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very basic, tired accommodation, and overpriced poor quality food in the Brasserie. No toiletries in the bathroom. Efficient but not particularly friendly staff. Disappointed in relation to quality of other hotels on the airport park. Won't be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah W

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your stay did not meet with your expectations. I am pleased to advise you that the older side of the hotel is part of an exciting renovation plan to take place during 2013/14. I am disappointed to read that you did not find our staff particularly friendly and I will discuss your comments with the Front Office Manager as I am always happy to act upon guests feedback with a view to improve the service that we offer.