Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
$121
$91
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$84
Travelocity
$79
  • Free Internet
5,685 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight stayfamily roomone night staycheck in was quickchecking ingood nights sleepbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We thought we'd treat ourselves to a night in a hotel before jetting off on holiday, so we booking in here; we had stayed before and enjoyed it, so all was looking good.
We paid for a bed breakfast and evening meal which I have to say was not cheap. We checked in and went for some food, only to be hung around waiting whilst they verified that we were entitled to a meal, because we had not brought along our 'tokens' for the meal (which incidentally we had not been given); I said to them that we hadn't been given any, but she was very insistant that we had, so I went back to the room and checked where I may have put the tokens in case I was actually mistaken, went back and said we definately were not given any, so the ladies manning the restaurant after much huffing and puffing had to go out of thier way and phone reception to verify that we were not trying to scam them, in the meantime making us feel like second class citizens by standing there while they checked we were telling the truth.
We were eventually given a table and found that despite paying nearly £170 for a room for 3 with meal and breakfast that anything worthwhile on the menu we had to pay extra for!!
The food was slow in arriving and only just warm; the waiters looked less than clean and smart and like they had just got out of bed. I ordered a second round of drinks that after 30+ minutes had not arrived so we decided to go. When they were toting up the bill I mentioned that I didn't want charged for the drinks because we hadn't received them, and received not a word of apology...
The room was fine, but breakfast was a repeat of the night before, but this time she made us go and queue in reception for 20+ minutes to get our 'breakfast tokens' from them, only to be told when we arrived there 'why have they done that? we dont issue tokens anymore??!!
Anyway, the stay at Bewleys was worse than awful in terms of customer service, so I completed the online questionaire I was sent from them mentioning what had happened, and guess what...? received 2 breakfast tokens that we could use next time we stay!
Er... there wont be a next time! Diabolical. Maybe we were just unlucky.

Room Tip: Just dont stay there
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank harveydogUk
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The night in Manchester was horrible! When I booked, I tried several times to book without the option park stay and fly, but the internet system was coming back to this option, so at the end I believedt that the very high price was the same, for every option (130£ or 155€). When I arrived, I spoke with a person at the reception that told me to speak with the manager, because the price was really high for one person one night, without any car. When I arrived in the room there was a bad smell of smoke. Then I discovered that the bath was for disabled people, without a shower. I touched the towels and two of them were aleready used and completely wet. In the morning I went to speak with the manager, she told me in a very impolite way that nothing could be done for the price. I also discovered that breakfast was not included. I asked at least for including it, because I had not any car. The manager told me that I had to pay another 9.5 £. A very good Irish hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank davide75
Reviewed September 22, 2011

After a long flight back overnight (via Paris) from California, crashed out here to recover overnight Thursday 23rd before moving on. Turned out to be an ace decision, pre-booked room (475) was ready at 2pm and we managed to unwind a bit before comfortably sleeping a full 10 hours.

Our room felt like new, very clean and spacious, not like a cramped airport hotel at all and bathroom very modern 10/10 - even a heated mirror! All spruced up by 6am (unusual for us but jet-lag explains that!) went downstairs for the full Irish breakfast which was truly superb (including toast that some other reviewer couldnt find!), truly great value for £9.50 compared to rip-offs like the adjacent Radisson and Crown Plaza, both of which we have used before but refused to pay silly money to eat breakfast.

All in all, a very positive experience and we will certainly be back when next in transit. And hopefully for the £60 rate that we bagged by making an advance reservation.
GLAD I READ THE TRIP-ADVISOR reviews!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeaRider
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed in the Bewley on the 30th of August before Flying out to Tunisia, What a really good hotel to stop off and right at the Airport, Staff were really helpful and even gave us extra milk to take back to the room to make a cup of coffee, The food was lovely,and lovely clean rooms, shower gel,and shampoo supplied, And to top it off they even took us to the Airport in a Taxi all included Defo would go back thumbs up for this one !!!

Room Tip: Great place for staying over nite when you have an early flight !!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank drummerboyFalkirk
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We arrived at 4pm, check in was quick and efficient. The room was spacious and comfortable.

We relaxed in the bar area and had dinner in the restaurant, I recommend the roast of the day. I love this hotel, its the perfect way to start your holiday.

Little tip for other travellers, the luggage scales in reception are inaccurate, they weigh heavier than your suitcase really is, we were worried we would be over the allowance but at check in the scales showed our suitcases to be 2kg lighter than the Bewleys scales.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple