“weekend break”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
Ranked #49 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great hotel , no frills just lovely clean accomodation.could not find fault here , but if you're looking for posh it's not for you.Rooms were very comfortable and clean as was reception and bar area.Breakfast good too, something for everyone.Pub next door serves food but we didn't eat there as it only serves until 7pm and closes just after!! Staff at this hotel really nice , friendly and helpful.Would definitely stay again.Near to motorway and approx 4 miles from city centre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Daniel D, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear berie f

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel!

Where possible we do like to make mention of the fact that the pub opposite is not affiliated with the hotel and that we ourselves serve food until 10pm (and offer a 24 hour snack menu).

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and its staff, especially your comments about our recently refurbished rooms, lounge and our varied breakfast menu.

We are, however, a little confused that you have given us a one star review for such positive comments and would ask that you please reconsider said rating.

Dennis Routledge-Tizzard

Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed September 18, 2013

stayed there the night and was great, room was clean and bathroom seemed newly decorated, great location to get on to the motorway, found the member of staff that checked us in didn't smile but we didn't have any problems to ask any member of staff for any help

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel D, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Zee N

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

I'm especially glad to hear that you appreciated the recent renovations we have undertaken in all our rooms at the hotel and that our team here were able to assist you during your stay.

Dennis Routledge-Tizzard

Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed September 16, 2013

efficient check in...really clean bedroom and bathroom...recently decorated...bar area nice with TV.... food menu was mostly microwaved pies but cheap enough at £8... pub next door if you want something better.... breakfast was ..great....sausages..beans..eggs..toast..cereals..yoghouts..cakes..croisants...juices..etc...
really good value....free parking...free wifi...but internet a bit too slow to be useful in the 3rd floor bedrooms...quick check out...no problems at all....I could really recommend this hotel its probably the best Holiday Inn express I have stayed in.....

Room Tip: the lower the floor the better the wifi... if you don't need the internet anywhere is good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear paul t

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I understand your comments with regards to our WiFi, which can sometimes be a little slow at peak times. We have recently started offering free in-room internet access for all of our guests and as part of this service upgrade, there are plans to increase the speed significantly in the coming weeks. I'm sure that you will notice the difference on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Senior Guest Services Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Disabled room a long way from reception and all other amenities. Area behind toilet dirty, whole bathroom area needed proper clean. Scramble at breakfast and long wait for some food items. During a fire alarm, too few staff to cope though fortunately little damage and no casualties. Location is a long drive to city centre during the day/heavy traffic.

• Stayed: July 2013
Daniel D, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Geoff31

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not entirely enjoy your visit with us.

As we offer a free breakfast for all of our guests, we sometimes experience short delays at peak periods. We always encourage our guests to avoid these busy times where possible to to experience the best possible service.
I'm disappointed and sorry to learn that you did not find your room to a level of cleanliness that you expected. We welcome all feedback and I will communicate your comments back to the relevant department so that we can continue to strive to improve our services.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Room appeared to have been newly furnished with the smell of new carpet. All linen clean and tea/coffee facilities provided. There could have given more tea/coffee but on the plus there was a 24hr food and drink service and an adequate brekkie provided.
All in all a bargain hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Daniel D, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Tania888

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit. We do have extra tea and coffee available from reception should a guest require.
Your kind comments are very welcome and I will communicate them to the entire team here at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Regards

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked 2 nights to visit someone in the area. The hotel was quite clean, but there is room for improvement, especially in the bathroom/toilet area. We didn't appreciate the workmen barging into the room, saying that they were told we had checked out, when in fact we still had another night to stay. Beds were OK as you can reasonably expect at a major chain.
Breakfast lacking a bit in choice. They do a lot of continental stuff and some cooked. The servery can be quite run down before it is topped up and they clearly just don't do bacon.

My biggest gripe was the booking process. I booked through IHG due to their price promise. Unfortunately the way they interpret some of the definitions means that I was never going to get the price promise. When I challenged the reason given, that "it wasn't available when they checked it", I copied fresh evidence that it was still available at the lower rate elsewhere.
Then they said it "wasn't a publicly available rate" so I provided evidence that it was available to anyone.
Then they said it was a coupon, I showed that it was a voucher code.

Basically they had no intention of giving me the benefits of the price promise meaning that it cost me more than it would have if I had booked the hotel via a third party web site.

This is the second time I have failed to claim their price promise, first time I accepted as I hadn't read all the conditions thoroughly. This time I just feel hard done by and consequently will likely stay away from IHG. There are plenty of other hotels and hotel groups that try a little harder for my cash.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Daniel D, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear gusngazesdad

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, claims under the Best Price Guarantee are dealt with via our central Guest Relations department and not internally within the hotel and so I'm afraid I cannot offer you an informed reply in relation to your specific case.
That said, I'm very sorry that you feel like you haven't benefited as you expected from this offer and I will pass your comments along to the relevant department.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just spent the weekend here and paid less than £105 pound for two for a sat-mon stay. We arrived earlier than the 2pm check in and the staff were more than accomodating and arranged for us to have a room by around 1:30pm. Nice clean rooms and clean towels were left outside the room after placing the do not disturb sign on the door which was handy. Breakfast was a bit disappointing as they only offered beans, scrambled egg and sausage for the cooked breakfast and no vegetarian alternative. There was a good selection of cereals, toast and marmalade/marmite, yoghurts and croissants.
Right next door to the hotel was a great pub which served nice food and pretty reasonable in price.
Would i stay here again? Well i visit Manchester at least once a year and for the price you can't grumble and i'd definately consider it.
Only around 10 minutes away from the centre and approximately ten pounds in a taxi. Included is free parking which is monitored by CCTV so you dont have to worry about leaving your car either.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jus_x

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am delighted that the team here were able to provide you with a level of service which lead to you having a really enjoyable stay, I will make sure that your comments are passed along.
We do also serve meals from our restaurant between 6pm and 10pm daily, with some items even available 24 hours. I hope that we may be able to tempt you the next time you stay with us.