“Good fresh food at frugal prices”
Review of Green Tea Restaurant - CLOSED

Green Tea Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: A refreshingly different Chinese restaurant Green Tea opened a few years ago and after my first visit I was reminded why I loved Chinese food so much. The food was contemporary in style, with only a short menu, with out the usual long list of meats and sauce combinations. So when this delightful little restaurant recently had a refurbishment I was keen to visit. The new interior is now as contemporary as the food. The updated menu has got even better, with just a few starters and mains. We shared starters of “Bang Bang Spicy Shredded Chicken Salad” and “Steamed Beef Jiaozi”. Both were really tasty, with the chicken salad having a real kick. My husband had “Braised Belly Pork Stew” for his main and it was so good I kept steeling it. My main of “Fire Cracking Chilli Chicken” was equally good, but lucky for me a little too hot for my husband. All the dishes on the new menu looked interesting and original and we will be back to try more. There is also a health eating menu which looked good. As the name suggests there is a range of interesting teas, with Eight Treasure Tea being my favorite, these arrive in a little glass teapot kept warm by a tea light. This a lovely relaxing little restaurant with very good interesting food and definitely worth a trip to West Didsbury for those who are weary of Manchester Chinatown’s “run of the mill” restaurants.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good fresh food at frugal prices”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This intimate restaurant is great for anyone wanting a more authentic chinese experience away from the mass fried wontons and MSG gloop China Town has to offer. the prices are reasonable, even before we used our 50% Taste card discount the feast of dishes we ate between the three of us was less than £50. The dishes were all freshly cooked to order and the ingredients were also of a high quality. The rough around the edges style of the paper table cloth and cosy dining location only, in my opinion, add to the artisan charm of this place.

• Visited June 2014

“Lovely fresh and tasty”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We visited mid week. The restaurant was empty whilst other nearby eateries were busy which was worrying. I suspect the rather basic decor puts people off. Whilst dining we noticed a handwritten sign requesting cash only payment meaning one of us had to rush off mid meal to find a cash machine. These issues aside, the food was really good. Loads of choice, well cooked and really tasty. Not sure if this restaurant will survive in such a trendy area unless it has a makeover to tempt customers in, but regardless, we will be back.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“cute place with a great menu”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

i kept walking by this restaurant and reminding myself to visit, but it took me over a year to finally try it. we really enjoyed the food - had Crispy Deed Fried Seaweed (EXQUISITE), Cashew Nuts dish with pork, and Braised Belly Pork Stew along with Fried Crispy Noodles. i drank lovely rose tea and my partner had 2 varieties of Chinese beer. one great part of the visit was the service from our male waiter. he was attentive, nice, and very friendly

Visited May 2014
Rome, Italy
“OK Food. Terrible service. Watch out for the furniture!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Food is ok here but can't recommend as service is poor. We were the only people in the restaurant. One of the chairs collapsed while a member of our party was sitting on it! We suggested that they might like to take a glass or bottle of wine off the bill at the end - given that it's unusual, embarrassing and painful for restaurant furniture to fall apart halfway through the meal - and they refused.

Peculiar attitude to customer service, won't go again.

• Visited May 2014
Congleton, United Kingdom
“Good food ...need to ensure you get what you order.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We enjoyed the food despite the salt and pepper combination dish not having enough chilli and also not having the ribs and having extra chicken instead....they did not really bother to offer any sort of apology hence only an "average " score. Otherwise the food was very good with good quality meat and vegatables cooked really well and a very light touch with the saucing which we really liked....it did not make you very thirsty afterwards. The portions were a very generous size, the service efficient and the cost very resonable for this quality. The Kung Bo Chicken and the Crispy Beef on the combination starter were delicious. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014