“Great Experience - Try the steak,”

Rosso Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosso Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 2,326 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Grade II Listed building, Rosso Restaurant Manchester presents fine Italian cuisine and exquisite wines in a magnificent and contemporary setting. Owned by Rio Ferdinand, Rosso has glamorous cocktails, regular live jazz and a cool celebrity crowd. Full of delicious dishes, the Rosso menu features fresh pasta, pizza and risotto, along with fine meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My boyfriend, his parents and I went for his mother's birthday, she might have mentioned it was her birthday when making the reservation because she was greeted with a birthday dessert at the end of our meal. My starter was okay, I had bread, tomato and mozzarella balls, I wished I had ordered the aubergine my bf's dad had, it was delightful.Main- Bf had the Lamb, although I was in the mood for pasta, I didn't like the choices available so I decided to have the steak with king prawns and my goodness was it the best choice ever! I think this might be the best steak I've had, it was cooked to perfection, tender, a bit pink but not bloody, prawns were soft, good portion size. I couldn't even order dessert, the rest of the table had tiramisu (was good) and 3 deserts on a plate (i didn't taste but heard disappointing) It's a great environment, live singer was sensational. I had an amazing time, i wish I had one of the cocktails! Next time...

There are newer reviews for Rosso Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went to the restaurant for a work colleagues birthday
Per booked the table it was busy but added to the atmosphere
Food goid

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant and all I can say is the food and the service is fantastic the pizza is also pretty good! It's just a pity I live in Hampshire otherwise I would dine there more frequently!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Eat here with my wife. New the building from the days when it was Rothwells nightclub and has been nicely converted into Ferdinands Rosso restaurant. Checked the menu before we went, there is a set meal on offer or a December A La Carte which is a reduced menu from the normal A La Carte. Outside the building looks great with lovely decorations and the same can be said of the interior. Once inside we were met by two front of house girls and i have to say asking for a table for two was like pulling teeth, it seemed such an effort for them even though there was clearly plenty of tables free. Once seated there is Christmas crackers on the table with a little gift in which was a nice touch and as previous reviews have said the Buble style singer doing Christmas tunes added to a nice atmosphere. I would of liked to of given a better score but the service was a bit hit and miss, some friendly and chatty some clearly didn't want to be at work. On the plus side the food was excellent so it was only the service that i mark this establishment down for, if they could get that right it would be a 5* place. I had spaghetti carbonara at £9 which was superb and the wife had black ravioli stuffed with sea bass and crab mousse at £13.95 again really nice, a bottle of Cabernet was £20, A 10% discretionary service charge is added to your bill and when you pay you receive a voucher for a free bottle of wine if you dine there again in January. Definately worth a try and maybe we just found a couple of members of staff on an off day, just seems a few other reviewers found the same so hopefully they take note and try and improve.

1  Thank carlnhay
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to Rosso on Saturday with high expectations.
The building and decor is beatiful, lively atmosphere and good music...but that's it
The service was poor. It was incredibly busy, as expected,but the front of house staff were all over the place and didn't seem to know what they were doing.
When we were finally seated nobody offered to take our coats and the waiter just walked off. Now I'm not a person who complains, but when you are paying £35 per head I expect at least basic manners.
Someone finally brought the menus, not explaining the different options just took the drink order.
The food itself was very nice, again not worth £35 but still enjoyable.
For me the worst part of the evening was when our steaks were brought over. Mine was rare and my husbands was medium. The waiter (older man, bald, dark eyebrows) shoved a fork into one of the steaks as he put it on the table and said 'who is having the medium'
Once he had gone we just laughed about the situation. He had put them the wrong way round, no big deal we just swapped plates.
Once we had finished he came to collect the plates asking how the meal was. We said it was fine and jokingly said that he had got the steaks mixed up. Glaring at us he replied 'well I told you to check' and walked off! This is meant to be one of Manchester's top restaurants!
Overall Rosso was hugely let down by its service. The staff were rude and everything seemed a hassle. Plus they have the cheek to pre add the service charge onto the bill. Then the said they would order a taxi for us...which they didn't.
Go to San Carlos up the road, better service, better food and polite staff!

1  Thank Hoob86