“Great food, bland customer service”

Rosso Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosso Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Grade II Listed building, Rosso Restaurant Manchester presents fine Italian cuisine and exquisite wines in a magnificent and contemporary setting. Owned by Rio Ferdinand, Rosso has glamorous cocktails, regular live jazz and a cool celebrity crowd. Full of delicious dishes, the Rosso menu features fresh pasta, pizza and risotto, along with fine meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Most of the waiters here were incapable of smiling or talking properly. When the waiter took our order for the appetizers, he kept pushing us for our mains order. We told him we wanted some more time to think it through, but he didn't understand this for some reason. I had to spell it out to him that we'd like our appetizers first! Not sure why he couldn't understand this - I've never had this issue in other restaurants.

I asked for a certain meal with chicken instead of beef and the waiter started complaining saying that there's more work so he's going to have to charge us double the cost. This put us in a pickle because I prefer beef over chicken and didn't like the non-accommodating attitude of the waiter. We made the same request to another waiter and he complied immediately without making a fuss. It's this inconsistency that pissed me off.

Overall the food was amazing, but they could really improve their customer service.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,262)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Sat 24th August at 7.30 with a part of 8 girls .
We enjoyed our meal but 6 hours but I was violently ill for the next 17 hours . I realized I was the only person in the party to have the Veal dish . I rang the restaurant a couple of days later to tell them and was promised a return call immediately after he spoke to the chief .....no return call. I rang again to be told by the girl (who I explained my situation to ) she would pass message on to the manager as soon as he came in .....message marked as urgent.
3 days later still no return call !!
I am very disappointed as obviously not good with customer satisfaction . This has put me off going there again !

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my wife and I first visit to Rosso's. We went with my daughter and son in law for a celebratory meal. First of all the ambience is great - relaxing and not noisy which makes conversation across a table easy.
The service is warm, friendly and humorous at the right times. The quality of the meal was exceptional - between us we had the full gamut of fish and meat dishes. Plenty to eat and wonderful to taste.
The only disappointment was that they had run out of Crème Broulet by the time I ordered it.
The live music was great - tasteful and not too intrusive. A great evening - I'll be back there!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We've been here on three separate occasions for the early deal; £12.95 for two courses plus £5.95 per bottle of v good house red, white or rose; served 12-6pm mon till thurs, and 12-4pm fri till sun. Dont think you may be sold short because its so reasonable, it's been top quality and excellent every time. Even had dessert once, unheard of for me, but they had fresh cherry tart, and it was to die for. Food, staff and service wonderful while the building itself has blended the new and the old seamlessly.
Revisited this weekend (August bank) first time trying the Al a Carte; a new level, the duck was sublime. My favourite restaurant in Manchester this year.

1  Thank Redwidow
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is the third time I have been to Rosso and all I can say is the food keeps getting better and better! Service was amazing, cocktails tasted fantastic and the staff could not do enough for us.