“Great restaurant”

Rosso Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosso Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Grade II Listed building, Rosso Restaurant Manchester presents fine Italian cuisine and exquisite wines in a magnificent and contemporary setting. Owned by Rio Ferdinand, Rosso has glamorous cocktails, regular live jazz and a cool celebrity crowd. Full of delicious dishes, the Rosso menu features fresh pasta, pizza and risotto, along with fine meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've been to Rosso about four times and always had a great meal and service. The restaurant has lots of character, the only down side is I don't think there is a massive selection on the menu but everything I've chosen has always been well cooked.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Food is ok but I always feels quite rushed and because of the number of people they try and squeeze in to the place, dependant on where you sit you are often wafted by the new guests entering and coats rubbing against your back as they walk by. Nevertheless, food is ok but thats as far I'd go.
I think people come here because they think they are somebody special. I wont hurry back as there several more decently priced places in the area that offer a more personal service. It's all a bit rushed and busy.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited recently at lunchtime. Staff were friendly and very efficient. Food was lovely and the restaurant had a nice ambience. Would visit again. We usually go to San Carlos so was a nice change and every bit as enjoyable!

1  Thank Krissie76
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband, 12 yr old son, best friend and myself visited Rosso to celebrate my birthday...the one where life begins!
The staff were friendly, very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We all had starters - mushrooms for me...king prawns for my friend and 2 soups, all of which were very good.
Even Rio called in with some of the youth squad!
Our main courses were fabulous - steak for hubby, chicken for my friend and I and my son had pasta, again all meals were hot, tasty and ample portion sizes. We followed this with desserts...not for me though, I finished off my a rather large mojito mmmmm.
All in all, we couldn't fault our evening. One thing which did make our evening was our table - we sat in a half-moon shaped booth, so we all sat together and could see everything, which was great for my son when Rio came in. We will definitely book again...great food, fantastic service and buzzing atmosphere.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

went here for Lunch ..they do a 2 course for £12:99 and a bottle of wine for £5:99, very good value but be aware you get no veg as such ,they come as extras.Great for a bit of 'star spotting' too :-)

1  Thank mancmags