Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #28 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I booked to stay here for one night as I had a late flight into Manchester Airport from Turkey and didn't fancy driving back to Leeds after midnight. So I booked This Premier inn (Runger lane North) and drove back to Leeds the following morning.

Hotel was easy enough to find, It's a 2-5min drive from most of Manchester airports car parks. I'd suggest looking on google maps to locate the hotels exact location and then pinpoint the exact location into your sat-nav. As if you just input the hotels postcode into your sat nav it takes you onto the motorway opposite the hotel (but not actually to the hotel) which can be a little frustrating, especially if it's late at night and you can't find the hotel!

I wasn't expecting much as I just wanted a place to crash for the night, However, I was really impressed with this premier inn!
On arrival, I arrived late around 12.30am due to my late flight into Manchester airport, Reception was well lit, with a simple lay out, and nicely decorated. check in was easy at it's self check in kiosk, However the receptionist kindly helped me out too.

Parking at the hotel is £5 for 24hrs payable at the pay station in the car park or just at reception.

Our room was a twin room on the 6th Floor. Our Room (although a twin) had 3 beds (1 double bed, 1 single bed and one sofa bed) I stayed in the double bed which was really good quality. My brother stayed in the normal single bed and said the same about his bed, good quality and comfortable.

The room was simple layout, but really nice, clean and comfortable. Really could not fault it!
Room also had tea and coffee making facilities, TV, A Clean bathroom with bath/shower with soap and shower gel dispensers. The soaps and shower gels provided actually smelled really good, which impressed me as most hotel soap and shower gels don't smell too great!
We also had a good view over Manchester airport as our room was on the airport side of the hotel but experienced no plane noise at night and slept really well (I'm guessing the hotels sound proof). The Room also offered 30mins free WI-FI (if you need anymore you need to pay)

We also had the premier inn breakfast the following morning before heading back to Leeds, The breakfast was a buffet and was fantastic quality. We had the traditional full English breakfast, Sausage, eggs, bacon etc (just help yourself). Croissants and cereals were available.
Drinks at breakfast included tea, coffee, water, orange juice. The orange juice was really good quality too (Not watered down like some)

The hotel also had a bar and restaurant (open in evening)

Only one minor problem on arrival, Our key card didn't work in the corridor entry door (just after exiting the lift) so we had to go back down to reception, however this was sorted quickly (Apparently the self check in kiosk hadn't activated our key cards correctly or something when dispensing them)

I Was really glad I booked into this hotel for the night, Never stayed with Premier inn before but certainly would do again. There rooms are Ideal for short stays. Also premier inn are a lot nicer than Travelodge, don't mistake them for the same thing as Premier inn's are much more upmarket.

Would certainly recommend this premier inn to anybody who has an early flight from Manchester airport or late flight back home and doesn't want to drive home during the early hours.

Paid around £85 (+£5 parking charge upon arrival) for one night, 2 adults with breakfast and booked roughly a month in advance via Premier inn website.
They are two premier inn's located right next to each other at Manchester airport, this is a review of Premier inn Runger lane north (Not Runger lane south which is located opposite)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jon365athen
managerpremierinn, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The team love to hear how our guest's enjoy their stay and I know they will be delighted to hear your feedback on our comfortable beds. I will ensure that I will pass on your comments regarding I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Charlotte Kennedy, Assistant Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice now on business and both times the room has been very clean and the staff friendly. It's what you would expect from a premier inn as they have set standards so no surprises. The restaurant has a good selection with ok pub grub.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy S

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Kind Regards David Griffiths, Food and Bevergae Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of 8 ppl so had to book 3 rooms. It was extremely windy outside and the windows didnt keep out the wind even when closed hubby had to sleep in the single bed with his coat on as he didnt want our 7 yr old sleeping there.
We stayed for dinner in the restaurant which was a great meal but far too expensive (as they know there is nowhere else for u to eat if u have not driven there) we also booked the all u can eat breakfast which was nice but not stocked up quick enough think we sat for 30 mins before the sausage and bacon was refilled (just as well we went down early enough or we would have had to check out to go back to the airport) this was r 2nd stay there b4 flying out to egypt and although the worst stay we have had we would stay again just eat b4 we stay

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank emmamaguire1

I am sorry that your stay with us was not to the standard expected on this occasion. The issues you have raised will be resolved promptly and I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again. Kind regards, Charlotte Kennedy, Assisant Operations Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here 1 night prior to an early morning flight. You know what you get with a Premier Inn, clean comfortable room.
Ate in the restaurant, the Lasagne was excellent, Risotto was nice, the apple crumble, well its not a crumble like I have had before, more like a pie. Wine was acceptable and was all reasonably priced. Although people left for early flights it was nice and quiet.

1  Thank iaatkinson

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will most certainly pass on your comments to the team. Im glad you enjoyed your meal with us also, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future, Kind regards, Charlotte Kennedy, Assistant Operations Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great.It's rooms are excellent,the bar and restaurant area are very comfortable.The food in the Thyme restaurant is very good,we had the veggie burger with wine.It's a pity this hotel and it's facilities are an airport stop over,it is better than some of the other well known hotels.My only gripe is that the bloke that was on duty on Saturday the 9th August,should try and be a bit more polite and smile when telling us weary travellers that we cannot auto book in until after 2.00pm,he seemed a it fed up!But we would definitely use this facility again when we fly out of Manchester.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank stevemacAshbourne

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Kind Regards David Griffiths, Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our first stay with Premier and is a very good hotel for before or after airport stopover we stayed the night before an early flight back to Australia.The staff made us feel very welcome,quick check in and out,Rooms very comfortable and well equiped. Restaurant very good, excellent service and good choice of meals.We were booked in for diner at 6.30 with 4 friends and the staff moved tables to accomodate us at 6pm so our friends could get an earlier start on their journey home, very much appreciated. Would reccomend staying here and would do so ourselves when back in 'the old dart'.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
1  Thank Janet J

I would first like to say a massive thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review. It’s great for our team to hear such positive feedback from our guests and I know they too will appreciate your comments. I am glad you were able to enjoy an evening meal with us and that you liked our clean and comfortable rooms. Kind Regards, Charlotte Kennedy, Assistant Operations Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We chose to stay here as part of our pre holiday chill out. We booked the hotel/long stay car park and VIP (Escape) lounge as a package. Unfortunately, we were caught up in the VERY long traffic jam on 24/07/14 on the way - for 7.5 hrs!! However, I called the hotel when we realised we were in the jam for the long haul, Carrie advised that she had other guests calling too, she also advised even if we arrived at stupid o'clock that everything would be ok, which put our minds at rest. we, eventually got to the hotel at 2am, we were quickly checked in and went to our room. The room was immaculately clean, the room wasn't overly warm for the time of year, though we opened the window anyway - we slept soundly and didn't hear much noise from the airport. The shower and facilities were great. We would definitely come back to this hotel, we previously stayed at the Radisson Blu, however, the Premier Inn is just as good in our eyes - well done to the hotel and it's staff - Carrie in particular

Room Tip: Very good, clean hotel and well worth the price!
1  Thank loobyl

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel, I am very happy to read that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Rest assured your comments have been fed back to Callie who is delighted she made such a good impression to you, Thank you for choosing to stay with us, Kind Regards
Charlotte Kennedy, Assistant Operations Manager