“"Comfortable one night stay"”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #25 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“"Comfortable one night stay"”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed for one night before an early morning flight. We had the meal deal which is great value. Both the dinner and breakfast was very good.

We had a great nights sleep as we always do when staying in a premier inn. The beds are always very comfortable. We paid £30 for the night. You can't beat it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steviejay65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Korean first
Northamptonshire
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here for one night before our midday flight to Florida. Picked this one instead of Runger Lane South as the Premier Inn website stated the rooms had baths rather then just showers, which was correct.
Both hotels are either side of a large car park, so very close to each other. Car park costs £5, payable at a machine or inside the hotel. There is a barrier so I had no qualms leaving our car overnight as it felt quite safe.
We checked in via machine which was very straightforward. A member of staff then asked if we'd like dinner reservations, she then quickly arranged them for us.
Dinner was ok, nothing special but fine for pub grub. Dinner and a soft drink for 2 was about £30 without dessert, but I expect to pay a premium when you're that close to an airport.
Room was good, clean and comfortable. We could hear some aircraft noise but it wasn't loud enough to disturb us. Unfortunately a few inconsiderate guests did disturb us, but that is in no way the fault of the hotel.
Airport is just a 5 min drive away. Would definitely stay here again, a bargain for just £30.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathryn33
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

did what it says on the packet, breakfast good, rooms top notch, staff very polite and helpful.
we will be staying here again.
transport to and from airport second to none and cheap.
c&c wales.
///////////////////////////////////////////////

Room Tip: if you need an overnight stay when flying from the airport, you will not go far wrong staying here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christine b
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Great stay but you need to get a taxi from The terminal to the hotel and it costs around £8. I found the bar prices very expensive but hey it's a hotel. I would recommend the meal deal and I would stay again. Food was good and staff very friendly. Overall 9/10 lower the bar prices lol

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Goodfellowlad
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 24th 25th 26th of April . This was the first time I had stayed in a premier inn and It was pleasant surprise . The room was very clean and tidy . Not a spot of dust in sight. Bed was very comfy and I got a good nights sleep. I also payed the meal deal which is £22.95 for a 3 coarse meal and a drink .breakfast is also included which I think is a very good deal. Will stay here again for sure..A+++

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank wes4ty
Datchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

As a former sales manager for 40 years, I've stayed in a large number of Premier Inns (and the rival Travelodges) up and down Great Britain. I'd describe them as utilitarian: they offer the basic comforts and you know exactly what you're going to get for your money; they're (for the most part) clean and warm and the TV sets will never wear out because nobody has the time to watch them. My biggest bugbear over the years has been the quality of the showers: too often one has to dance around to catch the few drops of water that make it past the shower-head.
Very recently I was booked by a company for two nights into the Premier Inn (Runger Lane North) at Manchester Airport. Things had changed since I last visited a Premier Inn! Firstly, I was struck by the openness of the entrance lobby and the fact that the receptionist (Alice) was not stuck behind a desk but came up to welcome me. A query that immediately arose over whether I would be settling the bill or the company who had booked me was swiftly, efficiently and most politely resolved. My room conformed to what I had expected, but was larger and better configured that I recall in other Premier Inns. The shower worked properly, giving a splendid flow of water. I admit I was disappointed by the total absence of drawers in which to place underwear, handkerchiefs etc., and did not feel the plentiful open shelving compensated. On the other hand, the choice of hard or soft pillows was a most welcome innovation. The bed was one of the most comfortable I can recall sleeping in and I've noted the make for when my wife and I have to buy a new mattress at home! This particular Premier Inn boasts a Costa Coffee shop (if you happen to like them!), a fully-stocked bar area and an excellent restaurant/breakfast room. My evening meal was delicious and I could not fault it. My waitress (Lauren) was friendly and efficient and gave the impression that she really cared about her job and her diners. The breakfast was nothing short of superb, catering for large, medium and small appetites. What a change from other Premier Inns/Travelodges at which I have stayed!
If the Premier Inn (Runger Lane North) at Manchester Airport is the changing face of Premier Inns across the entire country, then Whitbread (owners of the chain and Costa Coffee) can be assured of a rosy future. I would not hesitate to stay again a this particular Premier Inn (or, presumably, its twin at Runger Lane South). It just remains to be seen how swiftly Whitbread can bring ALL Premier Inns up to this standard.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael H
Prudhoe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Couldn't fault my stay at all from spacious clean room to enjoyable evening meal/breakfast.
I really don't understand people who moan bout parking when these hotels always charge and also wifi too, get a life! Read website before booking .......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank hugeabbafan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!