“Easy, solid, and cheap overnight airport stop.”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Easy, solid, and cheap overnight airport stop.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We've stopped at this hotel three or four times before trips to the U.S out of Manchester Airport, and I can say - hand on heart - that it always puts my mind at ease. Check in can be done through an automated kiosk, and there's a concierge desk staffed as well if that's not your thing.

The rooms are clean, the showers powerful and the pace unhurried. There's a bar for an evening constitutional, and a restaurant of fairly good quality in the hotel. My only quibble was that on one of the visits we were kept waiting for well over an hour for food as a football match was on and the place was full - but they comped us loads of drinks and a dessert for the delay so it wasn't that bad.

Had a taxi booked at 8 AM the next morning which arrived promptly (Wythenshawe Cabs, I think) and its a 5 minute ride to the airport proper so that works out nicely. There's also a shuttle bus, but for what its worth you might as well get a taxi if there's more than one person. You can arrange either of these at the service desk.

Room Tip: All rooms are largely identical. I prefer to be higher up so you can see around - there's never...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Here at the Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane North we take great pride in ensuring each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you again. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Korean first
Bridgend, Wales
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to an early morning flight. We paid £89 for the stay and 15nights parking during the peak season in July. I thought this price was very reasonable.

The parking is not at the hotel but is situated approximately 5 minutes away. It is a left turn out of the hotel and follow the road and you arrive there. The bus from the car park to the airport takes approximately 10 minutes as it stops in a second car park. The service was efficient.

As previously stated, the room was fine for a one night stay. It included all we needed. You have 30 minutes free wifi and we paid £3 for an additional 24 hours.

The restaurant was was more like a pub restaurant rather than a budget hotel. Food was good and also reasonably priced.

An all round ideal airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts following your recent stay with us and that the Sleep Park & Fly package you booked met your expectations. I am really pleased to know that you found the hotel to your satisfaction and the location convenient for you. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Lake District
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very handy for the airport.

Staff were efficient and friendly.
Room clean and tidy.

Can't really say much about the sleep quality as I was only in there for a couple of hours.

Directions were a bit challenging.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts following your recent stay. I am really pleased to know that you found the hotel to your satisfaction and the location convenient for the Airport. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Prudhoe, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Picked this one over the Travelodge next door because we got a good price and also the Premier Inns normally fare better than Travelodges anyway.
Just for one night coming back into Manchester Airport.
Family room given for 2 people, very clean, pleasure to stay in.
Breakfast in the morning we enjoyed and worth the money.
Costa Coffee inside the hotel.
Would have no hesitation in booking again instead of the Travelodge where I would normally book

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
scotland
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just stayed the one night in the North Premier Inn and it was lovely. Staff very helpful, room clean and has tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast was okay too. Noise from traffic a nuisance but still managed to get a sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I must express how much we appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel and I will pass onto the team the great feedback you have given us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our all you can eat breakfast and Costa Coffee Store. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed for just one night before flying to Lanzarote , very friendly staff and a beautiful room with plenty of space and spotlessly clean, Will definately stay there again. There is not much to write about when you have only stayed for a night, but I can highly recommend this hotel. My friend and I had a twin room and the beds were nearing the size of a double and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The team love to hear how much our guest's enjoy their stay and I Know they will be delighted to hear your feedback on the your spotlessly clean room. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent stay the night before our flight. Clean, comfy beds, nice restaurant for dinner. Would recommend for a cheap one night stay. Need to take a paid transfer to and from the airport/airport station though which we were not aware of at the time of booking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The team love to hear how our guest's enjoy their stay and I know they will be delighted to hear your feedback on our comfortable beds. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!