Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield
“Just the job”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We staid at this Premier Inn before an early flight from the airport.

We found the hotel easily although and checked in using the machines in the main lobby. There was a member of staff at the Reception desk but she was dealing with someone as we arrived so took the opportunity to use the machine and check in a bit quicker.

We found the room to be more than adequate for our needs and equipped with everything we needed for our stay. There was good information provided on how to use the facilities in the room, for example instructions on how to use the air con. There was information about their good nights sleep guarantee which I understand is a promise that they will refund the cost of your stay if you don't feel you had a good nights sleep. There was also some details about how to get in touch with the Manager if you had any issues. We found the room to be quiet and had a good nights sleep.

There was a bar on the ground floor that we didn't use but we did visit it to get some change for the parking and the bar staff member pleasantly provided the change with out any question or fuss. The first couple of hours parking at the Hotel is free but for longer stays you have to pay.

The only thing I think could have been improved is removing the unpleasant smell in the bathroom. It smelt of urine.

All in all we were pleased with our stay particularly because we had managed to get the room for only £29. We were so impressed with the value that we have booked another Premier Inn for another trip we are taking later this year.

1 Thank Smiley-Caz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Yorkshire
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a very early 5:10 am check in so stayed in the Premier inn the night before We came by train the night before and used Club Cars Taxi from the Airport to the hotel the telephone number is 0161 4364000 dont even think of using a bus as they charge £6 fixed price per trip. The Hotel use the same company so book one with them on check in also £6 to the airport even at 5am. This taxi company has lots of cabs and they pick you up in a very short time, they said 5 minutes but came in more like 2 minutes great service.

The room was very nice with all you would need including tea making facilities. There was no noise from planes even though this Hotel is very near the airport. Automatic check-in was very efficient and we had our room keys within a few minutes. Avery comfortable double bed gave us a good nights sleep even though we had to be up early. The meal at night was very good I had a steak which was cooked just as I requested. We did not have breakfast due to the very early start. There is a pub nearby if you go to the road and turn right the left at the nearby round about its about half a mile on the left, the footpath can be wet during the winter but fine during dry spells.

All in all a very pleasant stop before catching a plane.

3 Thank YorkshireShaz
Pentraeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Only stayed one night but the service was superb. The staff were efficient and very customer friendly. We stayed on the fourth floor and had an excellent room. There was no noise and the bed quality was fantastic. We always stay here when we are travelling from the airport and it always makes an excellent start to your holiday. The location meant that a five minute taxi ride got us to the airport at a very reasonable cost. Well done Premier Inn.

England
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Increasingly I find Premier Inn's very hard to beat. In my view, no other hotel chain provides such a consistently high standard of value accommodation. This hotel is ideal for overnight stays prior to catching a flight from Manchester Airport. Staff were helpful, courteous and the rooms were modern, clean and confortable.
The restaurant offered a good selection of 'pub grub' at a reasonable price but I do think service could have been better, especially when it was so quiet the night we were there. I had to complain about the desert I ordered which tasted off and requested it to be deducted from the bill. It took over 20 mins for this to be 'approved' which I found unacceptable. If it had not been for this I would have given the hotel a 5 star review.

Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I spend so much time in. these places I should have my own parking space that’s why the £5 parking charge you have to pay at this site is a bit of a rip off. However apart from that this inn is very well run; some of the other Premier Inn staff could do with being trained at this one. Let’s hope they keep the standards up. Had a meal in the onsite restaurant, l won't boar you with the menu details, if you stay in these places you will know that the food will be either total crap or ok and if you are lucky really good. Well it must have been my lucky day, hot food presented well and for what I had reasonable value. And unlike that joint in Kendal no human hair served with your meal, a result in my book. The only bad point is that the chef needs to understand that when the peas are yellow normally they are only fit for the bin not the customers plate. However not a really problem as I only had 26.Yes I did count them and yes it is sad, but when you are in a hotel on your own it passes the time, actually it may have only been 25 as I am sure one was a bit of Sweetcorn. Come to think of it, if it wasn’t for the fact it said garden peas on the menu they were that yellow they could have all been Sweetcorn.
Now for the best bit Jan was the restaurant manager, and I was served by Karolina both of them from Poland, not that has anything to do with it but when and if Premier Inn read this I want them to know who I am referring too. I don't know what they are being paid (I suspect not much) but whatever it is they are worth a lot more. Real stars service with a smile and they knew what they were doing and very efficient and just really pleasant. I take back what I said in the past about Premier Inn having a bad attitude training program for their staff. Anyway all in all a good stay made all the better by the quality service from Jan and Karolina; I would use the place again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

short review just to say stayed her now 5 times and price is brilliant and right by airport and food and drinks so much cheaper than any of the other airport hotels. Rooms are spotless and beds are just so comfortable. I wouldnt stay any other hotel at manchester airport as this is the best value and cheapest hotel with great standards

Room Tip: all rooms the same all quiet
1 Thank sandra M
Pudsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

On arrival, it was a bit confusing as there are two hotels facing each other, but we picked the right one.

This was a great start to the holiday, which departed from Manchester airport early Monday morning in the snow. A friendly welcome, clean and newly re-furbished accommodation and reasonable food.

We took the dinner and breakfast package. Dinner was very good, but we had to wait a long time to be served and even longer for the food to arrive.

It was a very cold evening and the hotel was busy with football fans and holiday makers. There is a problem at this hotel, as the lobby door automatically opens every few moments for the smokers to go outside. Consequently, an icy draught blew through the lounge and bar area which made many of the seats unusable. They wouldn't let us go back into the restaurant area as they were setting up for breakfast.
We had breakfast around 06.30.hrs and were the only 4 people in the restaurant. The hot food looked as though it had been there since breakfast started at 05.30. so sadly, was a bit dried up and not very appetizing, but we had plenty to eat.
For the amount we paid, this was a great place to stay, only five minutes from the airport and we would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to Manchester Airport Runger Lane North Premier Inn in the future. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!