“premier inn ruger lane”

Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“premier inn ruger lane”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

not a bad hotel but thought the lounge area could have been cleared of crockery etc on a more regular basis. Also wasn't keen on the small black flies that appeared from the heating vent! Having said that, the location of the hotel was excellent as only a short drive away from the airport.

1 Thank Judith H
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Manchester Airport Runger Lane North Premier Inn Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Korean first
New Waltham
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Used this hotel before flying to Cyprus for Christmas, left the car in the carpark, which is then collected by another company and stored for the duration of your holiday. It will be waiting for you on you return at the Premier Inn that is opposite this one (just across the carpark). If you want to avoid paying £5 for the overnight parking, pay at reception, this is reduced to £2.50. It does actually tell you that on the parking meter if you bother to read it.

Took adantage of the evening meal/breakfast deal. Three course meal + full english was about £45 for both of us. Breakfast was a huge let down for us though, states that breakfast starts at 5.30, we arrived at 5.45 (taxi booked for 6.30) - only cereal and fruit laid out, no cooked element. Finally found a staff member at 06.10 who invited us to take breakfast at the opposite hotel where it WAS been served - WTF?? Had to skip the cooked breakfast and have cereal and muffins, got some money refunded after being pretty insistant. Later arrivals for breakfast are probably OK, as we saw just one guy preparing breakfast one item at a time and placing them in bain marie dishes. Evening meal was pretty good though and we dont usually experiance any negatives when staying with Premier Inn, which we use quite often for city breaks or airport stays.

If looking for an airport transfer, use the taxi that reception books, they are cheaper and very efficient. When we arrived back at T2 we priced a taxi at the office as you exit arrivals - £15 for a five minute transfer! ok, it was boxing day, but I rang the firm that bought us - £9 (just £3 more than dropping us off, which is fair, time and a half and all that). They text you with a message how long your car will be and where to wait. Another text arrives to confirm your car is now approaching the stand - I even recieved a third wishing me merry christmas..

Premier Inn is my first choice for airport and city stays - enough said!

Room Tip: Choose this hotel over the South (across the carpark). I noticed that the furniture was threadbare a...
3 Thank Stevina
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

were to begin..... stayed here before my holiday and again after our return, the parking fee is great for price considering the cost of airport parking fees, the reception was smooth and without any issues with a receptionist that was very assertive and helpful Well done caroline, then our room was perfect, good size, and spotless, and as for the food....... the chef (called damian) brought our food to the table him self for us with the waitress (Carolina) so that it would not get cold before we ate and that there were seven of us and she could not carry them all at once, when we praised him for the steak's that had been cooked to perfetion, he told us that they were down to the grill chef (calumn), if these guys are in the kitchen then I will be calling again.......... Left a £10 tip for the chefs and the same for the waitress, hope it went to the right people......... and not to the company.......

Though on a down side we had breakfast and found that it was luke warm at best and when I spoke to the chef who was checking the temps (or something) he was rude and told me to eat somewere else if i wanted a good breakfast.... he was called Josh I think (no name badge but the waiters (sean & Anne) told me and they to were fanbloodytastic........ uuuummmmmmmm. supose you have to take the good with the bad........

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nicola t
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
WALES ENGLAND
Reviewed January 2, 2013

this hotel was clean and the bed very comfortable an ideal place to stay before a early morning flight.We booked a local taxi firm for the transfer to the airport .All told this was a good way to start our holiday

Room Tip: book a local taxi to the airport
3 Thank joycewalesengland
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Manchester Airport Runger Lane North Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards. Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Booked this hotel for park and stay due to an early morning flight. We left the car at the hotel while we were on holiday.
Check in was straight forward with no waiting, booked a taxi at reception to take us to the airport in the morning, which cost us £6 each way. We had to pay £5 for the hotel parking overnight.
ROOMS, As normal for a premier inn it was very comfortable with no outside noise.
FOOD, When we wanted food in the afternoon we was told none available in the north hotel restaurant but would be available in the south which was only a short walk away across the car parks. But when we got there we had the same problem, we had to wait above an hour so i think there was a bit of confusion on the staffs part what was open or not!!.
When we did eat it was very good, we both had steak medium rare and was cooked to perfection.
We had the continental breakfast with it being an early morning flight, and everything was there what you needed and was self service.
We would stay here again prior to going on holiday

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nitro57
Derbyshire England
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Well trained staff here - good with the greetings, eye contact, use of name. Supplied extra sheet for bed without hestitation
Recently (Visited December 2012) had new beds - which can be good or bad depending on your preference for a harder bed.

Slight problem with the arrival of a booked taxi - not sure whether this was the fault of the desk or the taxi company, but soon sorted.

Would stay there again if departing fromManchester airport

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed for one night connecting to a flight to Europe.

Location. Situated a very short drive (less than 5 minutes) from the airport but not walkable. The cab to the hotel cost me just short of £8. The return taxi booked through the hotel interestingly enough was only £6. I believe the transfer bus is £3 per person so if there are two people in your party it makes sense to use the taxi option. There didn’t appear to be anything else in walking range of the hotel so unless you want to pay for a cab you are stuck at the hotel once you get there but I expected this to be the case.

Room. The hotel appeared relatively new and therefore it was at the upper end of the premier inn range. If you’ve ever stayed at a premier inn you know what to expect – basic and clean. The bed and bedding is very comfortable. You get a new but rather small flat screen TV with some limited additional channels to the UK terrestrial options. The bathroom was clean enough but towels are small, cheap and in short supply and I really don’t like fixed shower heads which have been fitted by vertically challenged plumbers. Wifi was available at a charge and it was possible to regulate the temperature of your room which is not always the case with PIs. Unusually for a PI there was little noise from the corridors and I had a good night’s sleep – as guaranteed.

Food & Drink. I was on an all-inclusive booking rate which including 3 course dinner and full breakfast. Dinner was certainly not haute cuisine but was fine when judged against the pub chain with a microwave and a deep fat fryer level at which it is really set – in fact the main course curry I had was pretty good. Service at the bar was slow – thanks to a woman in front of me ordering four different kinds of coffee and hot chocolate which took an eternity to prepare and it also took me nearly 40 minutes from sitting down in the restaurant to getting my first drink. However overall this was due to what looked like short staffing as the staff themselves were certainly all working at speed. The PI breakfast always sounds better than it actually is due probably to the cheapness of the ingredients but for the price paid it was more than satisfactory – and certainly better than anything the airport offers.

Facilities. It’s a premier inn so I don’t expect anything above and beyond a room and somewhere to get something to eat and drink.

Staff & Service. Although I’ve commented on waiting times in the restaurant this appeared to be due to lack of staff numbers – whether this is cost cutting by PI or someone had not turned in I could not say. What I can say is that all the local staff I dealt with from reception to the bar to the restaurant were first class – happy, friendly, efficient and clearly committed to doing the best job they could and delivering top notch customer service. They were a credit to the hotel – please note Radisson Blu. All the foreign staff had the same commitment to service but some lacked the English language skills to deliver the same level of interaction as their local counterparts.

Value for money. Through an offer I paid £42 for dinner, bed and breakfast which is just ridiculously cheap and possibly the best value I can recall in a hotel in the UK. The hotel does what it says it does – offers a good night’s sleep at a decent cost. Unless the Radisson can up its game significantly this will be my default hotel of choice in Manchester going forwards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank smartalec67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!