“relaxing night at hotel”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #25 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at dinner time and we had not booked a table for dinner due to us not knowing if our flight back to the Uk was going to be delayed or not, however when we got there and had checked in, after being dropped off at the wrong hotel by the taxi driver, and went down for something to eat the staff where very accomodating and helpful, we could not use the main resteraunt as it was full but ate in the bar instead, the food was exelent and a very good nights sleep followed before our onward trip home the following day, if you have not stayed at this hotel before, dont go down to the reception and say the electrics don,t work, as i did !!, you have to use one of the access cards to opperate the lights, apart from this it is a very friendly and family based hotel, and will certainly be useing it again when either going or arriveing at Manchester airport

Room Tip: as far as i could tell all rooms are very comfortable and there was hardly any noise from the other...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Be aware this Manchester Airport Premier Inn (North, Freight Terminal) and the Airport South Premier Inn are right next to each other (and a Travelodge). One exit after the airport on the M56, follow the Freight Terminal signs (there's also back route to the airporrt, so you don't have to go via the motorway the next morning). Clean, modern, friendly. Book well in advance to get the $29 rate. Add $5 advance breakfast for a great spread including hot buffet, cereals, fruit, pastries, tea, coffee, juice etc ($8.25 on the spot). Kids eat free with adult breakfast. $5 overnight parking, reduced to $2.50 if you book via certain websites. Really impressed.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice, quiet stay. Very inexpensive! A little tricky to find as signs aren’t very good (follow “freight terminal” signs). Ample parking for 5 pounds/night. We were cheerfully greeted right as we walked in. Check in was a bit lengthy but ok. Nice restaurant and coffee shop in hotel. No other restaurants or gas stations within walking distance. Good English breakfast. A bit pricey at 8.99 pounds but all kids under 16 eat free with paying adult so was good for us. Elevator and stairs have their own hallway so dinging and all other noises can’t be heard in the rooms. Hall lighting is activated with motion detectors. Keeps stray light from your room and saves energy (nice!) We had a room facing the parking lot. Nice simple room. Very clean, no strange smells. There were 4 of us so we had 1 double bed and 2 singles set up. A little tight but we were really only there for sleeping and getting ready for the next day. Complimentary tea and coffee, flat screen tv, free internet for 30 minutes than 3 pounds/24 hours after that. Nice size bathroom. No hairdryer; liquid soap available in dispensers on the wall. We stayed 3 nights. We were very comfortable and did not experience any noise or any problems. We recommend this hotel and will look to stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Booked this hotel to stay the night before a flight from Manchester Airport and was very impressed by the hotel staff, rooms, food and service. This was the first time I had stayed in the Premier Inn and they immediately advised that if I did not get a good nights sleep, they would refund the cost - the next day I could see why they were so confident that they would not have to do any refunds as everything was perfect.

The only niggle was that there was no free parking and this was not advised when booked, but as it was only £5 for 24 hours it was a minor issue and does not detract from the excellent stay and value at this hotel.

I will definately repeat my booking if travelling again from Manchester.

The reason for mentioning the Holiday Inn in my heading was that on the way back we stayed at the Holiday Inn which proved to be an inaccessible hotel for my partner due to mobility issues, and they did not offer any guarantees like the Premier Inn does for what proved to be a disasterous stay.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed July 23, 2012

At £29 a night, you can't really complain as Premier Inn offer a much higher standard of room and staff than Travelodge or other budget chains. The welcome on arrival was exceptional, very friendly, knowledgeable and informative, making sure I had everything I needed for my stay and even allocating me a room that I requested. The rooms are fantastic, modern, functional, comfortable with everything you need (including soaps/shower gels). The choice of pillows is very good, and the firm ones were perfect for me. The temperature control worked perfectly, and kept the room suitably cold, where in some hotels it either doesn't work or doesn't work well enough. I treated myself to the £22 meal deal (3 course dinner and all you can eat breakfast) on both nights. On the first night, everything was perfect. Service was prompt, food was cooked perfectly, and the staff were great. The breakfast next morning was the same, with friendly and attentive staff and an excellent selection of hot and cold. However, on the second night things were completely the opposite. It took 10 minutes to seat us, despite arriving on time for our booked table. It then took a further 15 minutes to take our meal orders. Service of the meals was fine, but the rest was not. It then took 10 minutes to fetch our bill, and as we were splitting the cost 3 ways, it took them 40 minutes to take payment for this. Apparently their systems are so complicated that they could not split the bill 3 ways correctly. It took 7 attempts and a further 10 minutes to sort, and I had to physically go find someone who looked like they had authority to resolve the issue. I was very disappointed with the service given how good it had been the night before. Other than this, the rest of the staff were exceptional and I had two very good nights sleep which is unusual for me in hotels!

Room Tip: If you are looking for an airport view, ask for a floor 6 airport facing room. Very good views over...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DMTaylor90
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'm quite biased when it comes to Premier Inn’s; they generally provide fantastic value for money and a great experience.

I can't rate this above average however.

The rooms were as one would expect in a Premier Inn, well equipped and fully working air conditioning. The curtains were borderline useless, the sun came up and flooded our room with light from around 5am, not at all pleasant. The fact that one can select pillow preference is fantastic on the other hand, firm, soft, or a mix.

I went for the £22 meal deal (3 course dinner & breakfast) as I normally do; the standard of food is normally good and worth the money. The chips with my main were very overcooked, which was a minor thing but the service was appallingly slow. I stayed at the Heathrow equivalent that had four or five staff to roughly the same number of customers, they had two staff serving here and one that I assumed was a manager clearing up.

The staff member serving us was in training which I can understand; the service might not be as proactive, but the focus was heavily on taking new orders and bringing food out as opposed to balancing all aspects of the service. We waited 40 minutes to pay our bill from being handed it, and we had to approach the manager to do this, at no point did anyone check that we were ok or wanted anything else. That's a poor show. She then asked why we were seemingly in a bad mood, to which I pointed out our long wait and she apologised.

The staff in general seemed a bit too relaxed, in the morning we had a further wait to be seated for breakfast, in a half empty restaurant.

I don't know if I'd stay again, for an early flight, or in the winter months, the curtains being useless would probably be ok, but in the summer and when we had a late flight, it was downright annoying and spoiled what was otherwise a comfortable night’s sleep. The service standards definitely need improving, and this is a management issue.

Room Tip: Some rooms on higher floors have airport views, these can be requested.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kdhurst380
Whitbread-77, Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated to ensure it does not happen again.

We do hope that your refund reaffirmed to you our commitment to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you again for your review; we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here Thursday night, 19th July before meeting a plane the next morning. I have stayed in about a dozen Premier Inns and this was as good as any. Busy, well staffed with a nice bright eating area. The airport info board in reception is a useful addition.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo