“Food is good, cakes are fantastic. Good service but annoyingly crowded”
Review of Teacup Kitchen

Teacup Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 45 Dessert in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food is good, cakes are fantastic. Good service but annoyingly crowded”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Teacup is a great place for lovely afternoon lunch and cake. This, in part, works against it. It has been incredibly busy every time I've visited. The hipster crowd that congregate here are annoying. Nonetheless, the food is good. I had salmon which was very well cooked for main and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. This was excellent, the best part of the meal. The waitress was lovely, polite and attentive. The coffee is also good and the selection of tea is comprehensive. Would certainly recommend, not sure if they take bookings but if you want a table on a Sunday, certainly you would need to, otherwise you'll be a waiting a while. A solid, consistently very good restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea ritual”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently visited Teacup with a friend for afternoon tea. Loved the ritual of the the tea making, using the egg timer for are different teas. Had flapjack and scone with jam and cream, loved the presentation. Neither were too sweet, which I appreciated.

Dublin, Ireland
“Hits the spot after travelling”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

After wandering aimlessly through Manchester, waiting for a restaurant to open early in the morning to provide a meal to starving travelling, Teacup Kitchen perfectly satisfied such needs. We had been travelling since early morning and had had almost nothing to eat, and were left strolling through the city centre waiting to check into our hotel. When we crossed this place, I was hesitant at first upon first reading of the menu, and decided to risk ordering a Northern Royale which toast and strawberry jam on the side. It arrived, and maybe my judgement was impaired by my ravenous state of mind, but the sourdough bread, poached eggs, ham, hollandaise sauce and mustard really "hit the spot". The strawberry conserve was of a very high standard, and I left feeling completely sated by their portions. I didn't unfortunately get a chance to try their cakes or hot drinks, but I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in Manchester looking for a place for a quick bite as opposed to the numerous Greggs and Prêt-à-mangers clustered in that city.

Manchester
“Just disappointed .nothing special for breakfast and coffee”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We eat out for brekkie every week however for me personally, and it is my personal opinion this just wasn't worth it . We had poached eggs on 2 tiny pieces of bread and sloppy scrambled eggs. My drinks hadn't arrived when the breakfast did!The coffee was so bland. That's what attracts me to a place so I was so disappointed :( it's not as if it's cheap! Sorry won't be revisiting .

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Afternoon Tea!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

As an early Mother's Day present, my daughter treated me to an afternoon tea here. OMG! Everything was wonderful. The staff were all nice and attentive, the food was yummy. We arrived at 12:10 without reservation, there were still quite a lot of tables available. Few minutes later, all tables were occupied.
On the savoury tier, I loved the mini tart (spinach?). It was delicious. The beef (open pie?) was also tasty. The scone.. oh.. it was the best I have ever eaten. It was crunchy outside and moist inside, and tasted so good. Everything else was nice as well. They have a very good selection of teas. We are planning to return to try individual cakes.

Thank you Teacup!