“It's nice and simple!”

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's nice and simple!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Perfect for a cup of tea or coffee while out in the city centre. Smoothies and milkshakes are also delicious! Cakes are star of the show... Although a little pricey, the generous portions more than make up for it! We had the pear drop cake, coffee and walnut cake and passion fruit meringue and they were all delicious. They were of a much higher quality compared to cakes available at other tea rooms in that area. Decided against ordering food as there wasn't much variety and nothing that really appealed to our tastes. Nice and relaxed atmosphere and lovely staff.

• Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Love this place :-)”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Have been here 3 times and absolutely love the casual snack & cake dining here that offers friendly and effecient service. I'm sure that on each visit I have been the oldest in there but what the heck, I love it and wish I was 30 years younger so as to visit some of the other casual spots in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not for us.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Limited veggy menu. Tries to be trendy but doesn't quite carry it off. Food a bit expensive for our tastes. Couldn't find anything to make me want to return.

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, atmosphere, food and an entertaining experience.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our son, who lives near the Northern Quarter, took us to Teacup on a Sunday afternoon. The place was packed but we waited on seats by the entrance and a table was found for us within 10 minutes. The atmosphere was great. The staff wore amusing pun based "tea" shirts and were friendly and efficient. We had blue sky Earl Grey, Assam tea and a lemon zingi, mushrooms on toast with an egg, halloumi salad and a falefel sandwich. To follow we shared three large cakes: pear drop , red velvet and pistachio. The teas were topped up during the meal.
The main courses were good as were the cakes
I can't believe some of the negative comments about the staff. They were friendly and attentive without being pushy. True, the prices are not cheap, but you generally get what you pay for.
If you are looking for a cheap brew with a burger, don't come here. If you wan't a special experience with special teas and a very special staff - try Teacup. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
“Tasty cakes and great service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have to say I love this place and having worked in hospitality myself for many years I must say that I completely disagree with the comments made below describing the service as "pushy" Whenever I've taken friends I've found the staff lovely and personally I find the fact that they check to see if we're ok for drinks quite refreshing. I'm often offered tap water when I've finished my food and coffee and just want s chat. I've never had a problem with the food and think teacup is a great place to take friends and relax. They are attentive not pushy.

2 Thank Boohoo16