“Lovely staff, atmosphere, food and an entertaining experience.”
Review of Teacup Kitchen

Teacup Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 46 Dessert in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our son, who lives near the Northern Quarter, took us to Teacup on a Sunday afternoon. The place was packed but we waited on seats by the entrance and a table was found for us within 10 minutes. The atmosphere was great. The staff wore amusing pun based "tea" shirts and were friendly and efficient. We had blue sky Earl Grey, Assam tea and a lemon zingi, mushrooms on toast with an egg, halloumi salad and a falefel sandwich. To follow we shared three large cakes: pear drop , red velvet and pistachio. The teas were topped up during the meal.
The main courses were good as were the cakes
I can't believe some of the negative comments about the staff. They were friendly and attentive without being pushy. True, the prices are not cheap, but you generally get what you pay for.
If you are looking for a cheap brew with a burger, don't come here. If you wan't a special experience with special teas and a very special staff - try Teacup. You won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Teacup Kitchen

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have to say I love this place and having worked in hospitality myself for many years I must say that I completely disagree with the comments made below describing the service as "pushy" Whenever I've taken friends I've found the staff lovely and personally I find the fact that they check to see if we're ok for drinks quite refreshing. I'm often offered tap water when I've finished my food and coffee and just want s chat. I've never had a problem with the food and think teacup is a great place to take friends and relax. They are attentive not pushy.

2  Thank Boohoo16
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Looked forward to our Lunch at "TEA CUP" Thomas St. What a disaster.I'm veggie only 2 choices on. My partner ordered Fish Finger in a wrap. I had to choose between 2 un-inspiring dishes. Mushrooms on toasted sour dough bread with a duck egg, i asked for a hens egg but must be hard, hate runny. It came runny, second time it came back with a runny egg, and the sour dough was as tough as old boots and soggy with oil, impossible to cut through the bread, mushrooms were luke warm, plus the runny egg i sent it all back as inedible. Manager said i can have another choice free or a slice of cake, as it was meant to be my lunch i said i'll have the mushroom soup which came in a red mug, it was tasteless salty & to me like a cuppa soup. Didn't complain as it was free. Paid the bill, then found out they'd charged for the returned in-edible food, manager said ...we gave you the soup free so have to charge for the food you didn't have which was sent back. Is that supposed to be logical? how can i pay for food that was so bad that it was sent back. Eventually we got the money returned for the food i didn't have..go figure. £8 for 2xTeas & one quite stale slice of cake plus £8 for a fish finger in a wrap. for rubbish food made by a chef that hasn't a clue.Total, £16 for 1 fish finger & dry cake + 2 x Teas is rather expensive. Place is quite trendy, suffice to say we wont be going there again.We eat often at some of the best restaurants around & know good food. This place isn't one of them.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I live in the Northern Quarter and like to give my business to the independent outfits.

I popped into TeaCup for some breakfast one weekend morning. I like the atmosphere in here...it's very relaxed.

I opted for the Scrambled Eggs with chives & sour cream, with an Americano. Nice and simple.. Like me!

The eggs came out quickly... A bit too quickly, as I still hadn't received my coffee. It was at least another 5 minutes before this appeared...

The eggs were nice (loved the sour dough toast) but there was no chives/sour cream. At £5 for scramby eggs, I expect everything I'm promised on the menu. This is nothing more than sloppiness.

After eating, I requested the bill... Twice... Waited a bit longer... And then paid!

Must do better!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Teacup is cute, it's charming and it's well located. The food and drink are tasty and varied, which makes it a good spot for a bite to eat while out shopping, or for casual meetings.

But: the last few times I've been, I've been shocked at the price of a brew and a cake, and I've been irritated by the service, which seems to start out slow (although friendly) and get more pushy once you've finished your food and drink. I could understand this at really busy times, although it'd still be annoying, but I've been sitting there at quiet times, having polished off two rounds of drinks and some food, and still been repeatedly bugged with, "Would you like anything else?"

When I've said no, I've been presented with the bill - twice now - without asking for it, even though lots of tables around the cafe were still empty. Not a great way to make your paying clientele feel welcome, and something that's starting to make me consider other cafes above Teacup.

So nice place, but could definitely do with showing customers a bit more love.