“nice tea, horrible food, tragic service”
Review of Teacup Kitchen

Teacup Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 50 Dessert in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have visited Teacup in Manchester twice, the first time in July 2012 where we ordered two pots of tea and two cakes. The tea menu is a nice touch, I enjoyed the unusual teas on offer, however the cakes and the service were fairly poor.

I was in Manchester again in September 2012 and decided to give Teacup another try, it turned out to be one of the WORST DINING dining experiences of my life.

We ordered afternoon tea which I would describe as a rip-off, stale cakes and miserable sandwiches. I have included a photo of one of the sandwiches, which contained merely a sliver of chicken. The cakes were inedible, but worst of all half way through the meal we noticed ANTS crawling on the cake, on closer inspection the termites were on the floor, walls and table. Service was so poor, we waited 15+ minutes to complain but nobody came to our table, I had to leave to get sick, my friend left the money for the meal on the table against my wishes and we left. I will never return!

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Went here with my wife on a sunday morning for breakfast after deciding we didnt like the looks of the nearby Koffee Pot. While it wasnt the cheapest, it was worth every penny. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This used to be a great little place to grab breakfast or lunch with a nice smile from friendly staff and tasty tea.
However, since the expansion/menu change, the toasted sandwiches are dry and tasteless, a shadow of what they were. The prices are ever extortionate and the charm has gone.

Staff are uninterested and seeing the chef smoke next to the back door is really off putting. Pop across to HomeSweetHome for authentic charm, it's got the original vibe that Teacup started out with!

Rebecca T, Public Relations Manager at Teacup Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hi F Holmes,

We're really sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed your recent visit with us at Teacup. As you know we've been going through some changes since the refurbishment earlier in the year, and we hope these changes have allowed us to create a better customer experience. We're really sorry to hear that this period of flux has affected your enjoyment of our restaurant.

We'd love for you to try us again. Please drop us an email on feedme@casualmanna.com and we'll see if we can toast you a sandwich to be proud of.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

Teacup.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a find! My daughter visits regularly and treated to me mid morning tea on our shopping trip last week. So charming, so polite, good tea and great cake! Such a good idea to sell Gift Vouchers... that's one or two stocking fillas sorted!
So glad to have found you!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Always buzzing, great coffee, friendly staff, tasty breakie & cakes.
A must! Warm welcome, fast service, never disappointed.