“Clean and modern, but you get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
Ranked #51 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Harrogate
“Clean and modern, but you get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express is clean, modern and has comfortable beds as you would expect if you have stayed in this chain before.

However, the free buffet breakfast in the morning is a sight to behold! Crowds of people queueing in an area which is far too small, waiting to pick at a very sorry buffet of insipid sausages, limp toast and feeble coffee.

Do yourself a favour and go to a nearby cafe! Other than that, the hotel is a fine option if you can get a good advance rate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

This was a last minute booking chosen for the location, which is ideal for getting about manchester on foot. Really enjoyed our stay. Hotel room very clean and modern. Fantastic shower in the bathroom and room nice and big. Staff really helpful. Breakfast was included but didnt take advantage of this. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Would stay again, great hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

age group 40+, 22 Finn friends in Manchester for a long weekend xmas party. Hotel in great location for walking in/out city centre for shopping, restaurants. Almost opposite Palace theatre and just a short walk from Central Library/Albert Square, next to Oxford road station, easy if you come from Manchester Airport. Staff couldnt have been more helpful whilst we were there, even kept open their bar a little later than normal due to our late arrival at 2300, 10/10 from the Finns on this note! Rooms clean, better than expected of UK hotels in my experience! We stayed in a room high up and found no noise issues however our friends who were on the lower floors experienced some noise, it didnt bother them too much as we were in so late anyway. Breakfast is nothing fancy but does the job, a little small in this area so on busy weekends be prepared to wait in line....its the way it is! Accept this and your laughing, great for a weekend away with somewhere clean and friendly with no attitude. Emailing to the hotel for local information get was helpful and responsive. All in all we were all had a great stay and great memories from our xmas party weekend away.

Better than expected for a 2 star hotel, basic but fulfilled our needs adequately, we would use this hotel again for its location, staff and cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2010
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed for one night at the Oxford Road Holiday Inn Express with a friend in a twin room for a bit of shopping and chilling out, not expecting much with it being a 2 star building. I knew location-wise where it was as I was bitterly disappointed I hadn't booked it back in October for a film festival at the Dancehouse I went to for four days and ended up at the God-awful Travelodge central instead because of the slight difference in price. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn as it is literally round the corner from the Oxford Road train station so is ideal for easy access. The hotel itself looks very elegant from outside but we weren't sure if it would be the same case inside. Once through the door, our fears were unfounded. Modern, minimal and stylish in the extreme with reception being downstairs along with the bar and restaurant area. The staff were friendly and helpful and check in was straightforward. We'd arrived a couple of hours earlier than check-in time but getting us in a room was no problem for them so we dropped out bags off and had a look round the room. Incredibly clean, well maintained and contemporary and certainly not what I expected from a 2 star property. It goes to show that the ratings are all about facilities and not the level of cleanliness. There is no swimming pool or gym but that's not what we needed. If I was visiting Manchester with my girlfriend I'd choose something like The Portland by Thistle as this does have the facilities previously mentioned but not necessarily what I wanted to two lads having a few beers and a curry and shopping round for bargain DVD's!
When we got back to the room after our day out we were more than happy with the 32" LCD TV with freeview, coffee making facilities and power shower and both got a relatively decent night's sleep on comfortable bedding.
Breakfast is provided complimentary the next morning and as always with Holiday Inn Express's, was buffet style. They had a choice of cereals, toast, croissants, pan au chocolat's, yoghurts, fresh fruit, sausage and scrambled eggs all of which are eat as much as you like, with plenty of beverage options including a fantastic coffee machine offering practically every tea and coffee you can imagine.
Checking out was easy too and there was no problem at all with leaving luggage with reception unlike the Travelodge who apparantly didn't have the facility to do this.
I can't praise the Holiday Inn highly enough and I will definitely be booking again when I return for this year's film festival in October.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank radioactive_ape2001
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

I don't know if it was the hotel or Manchester it's self but I won't be going back.

We where given a disabled room, now you could say great massive room and bathroom but I wasn't impressed, when we asked if we could change we where told no. So had to make do, the room would have been perfect if you really needed it but I found that it had a lack of anywhere to put anything in the bathroom and actually the bathroom as it was very large was very cold. As a privalage Holiday Inn member I expected more.

Breakfast, perfectly fine if there is no one else in the hotel, but the hotel was full on the Saturday night we stayed and therefore the next morning, we timed it just about ok and manged to get a seat but as everything was all cramped into 1 small space I didn't have the patients to get what I really wanted and ended up with cereal. Monday we didn't even bother, maybe that's what the hotel wanted. Didn't help that the sunday night I get a phone call at 11pm to say that they had a water cut and there wouldn't be any water in the morning, they gave me the option to move hotel, yeah really think i'm going to do that when i'm half asleep or stay and get bottle water, which we did. We did get an apology in the morning but I wasn't offered any discount or money back.

Location is ok, just by Oxford Road train station but not noisey at all, not too much of a walk into central manchester, where there is plenty of places to eat and drink.

I think this hotel lets the chain down and I won't be staying there again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

Stayed one night great service the room were very clean the only down fall was the breakfast but will be stopping there again

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

100yds from Oxford road station, a host of fine resturant, a cinema, a good few pubs and a Tesco Express all within a few minutes, what more do you want.

Breakfast is fine, the moaners have more than likely stayed at a Holiday Inn and are thinking Hey no full fry, Hello thisis an HI Express and what you pay for, is what you get, good continental breakfast, unlimited coffee and buns.

Hotel is clean, tidy and rooms totally spotless. Staff friendly and helpfull, I travel a lot and I know a crap hotel whan I stay in one, this is not a crap hotel, it is one of the nicest Hi Express Hotels I have layed my head. Well done, and if this was a school report, top of the class 10/10 gold star.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business