Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
Weston Hall(Manchester)
Le Ville Hotel(Manchester)
Rembrandt's Annex(Manchester)
1,178 results
All reviewscity centrebeanspalace theatrehi expressthe sofa bedtrain stationfree breakfastlarge showerconvenient locationthe air conditioningwould stay againmin walkstayed here for one nightgreat showerbudget hotelcooked breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have nothing good to say about this hotel other than the rooms were spotless. We visited on a busy weekend and the price per room although expensive at £140 per night when booking somehow increased to £169 when checking in, we had no proof of booking at checkin so were forced to pay the extra as the manager informed us this was the price. We eventually got refunded after a number of emails and a phone call. Even though there was nobody at checkin when we arrived the process still took 20 mins, we gave credit cards and asked to pay cash on departure but when checking out it transpired we'd already paid. The general manager blamed his night staff for the mistake and didn't seem interested in an apology even though he checked us in. I do appreciate it was a busy weekend but 2 lifts for a hotel this large is not adequate, you could be waiting 10 minutes to get up or down. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night for a number of minutes, these things happen but on similar experiences in other hotels i was always offered an apology on checking out, not here. The breakfast too was awful. I wouldn't be inclined to stay in a holiday inn again, 100% not this one.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mat789
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for bringing your experiences in our hotel to my attention.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the problems that you experienced with the payment. I have been able to establish that when the reservation was made it was made for 3 people in two rooms. However, when we have split the reservation it has retained 3 people in each room and therefore charging an additional £30 supplement for the extra person in each room. This could and should have been picked up by my Duty Manager who checked you in when there were only 3 people stood in front of him. I can see that we have been able to get the refund back to you.

You should also have been given the option to pay cash on departure and I am truly sorry that your payment was processed incorrectly.

I can see that you arrived at the hotel at the same time as a large party who were here for the Manchester United match. Unfortunately, even with additional lifts you may still have waited when 100 people arrive at the hotel at the same time.

I have noted your comments on breakfast and this is something that we are working on in order to give our guests the breakfast experience that they desire. Your comments will help us to improve our offering.

It appears that during your stay you experienced a number of problems that could have been dealt with before you departed the hotel and it is clear that there is some additional training is required in the hotel.

I am genuinely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and that my Duty Manager was unable to assist you adequately. I would like to apologise on his behalf for your frustrations and myself for the fact that you have left the hotel unhappy.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Short trip to look at university's and had heard loads of good things about holiday inn ...the reception staff will and Ricardo were amazing didn't stop laughing while we was there .. One of the breakfast staff I think she was called jemma was telling us about co estate agents that do student accommodation only she gave up directions on how to get there .. Really enjoyed our stay .. Would recommend to anyone thank you to all the staff :-) x

• Stayed: March 2014
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for giving us your feedback following your stay.

I am pleased that my staff were able to leave a positive impression on you and make your stay an enjoyable one. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Wil, Ricardo and Gemma.

Thank you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

New hotel, with very nice and clean rooms. Was positively surprised to get it for the price it was. The "restaurant" got a bit crowded in the mornings and the choices for breakfast were quite limited. Coffee was no good, but luckily there was Starbucks right across the street. Had a room on the courtyard side, so it was quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback following your recent stay.

We appreciate that breakfast does get very busy and give advice as to the best time to come to breakfast in our lifts. Up coming changes to our Great Room will improve the breakfast area and make this an far more enjoyable experience.

We do appreciate your comments.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed in manchester for 1 night. Having had car problems and arriving at 5am we were greeted by waseem, who extended our check out time and went out of his way to find us a mechanic who was open all day on a Saturday as well as directions and slipped them under our door for the morning. Fantastic customer service. Credit to the hotel for his actions to go over and beyond.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding the service that received in our hotel.

I am truly pleased that Waseem was able to assist you and make your stay memorable. I will be sure to pass on your comments to him.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here two nights on business.
Location is excellent, couple of minutes walk from Oxford Rd Station
Check in was fine and had a room on the 10th floor.
Room was a decent size and there was a flat-screen tv, desk and comfortable bed.

Bathroom was fine - room 1003 is an accesible room and therefore suitable for someone in a wheelchair, therefore room and bathroom larger than normal. Shower ok - nothing special and the water temperature just about hot enough - may not be for those who like a really hot shower though.

Never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before so was unaware that a full cooked breakfast wasn't available - this wasn't a major issues (my fault for not researching properly) but what there was, was a little limited.
House-keeping didn't replace toilet roll, tea or coffee on the second day I was there, but my biggest issue was the noise. Lots of buzzing and electrical noises from outside and despite being on the 10th floor could still hear noise from the street and station nearby. Would suggest needing to upgrade the windows so properly sound proofed would be in order.
I stayed a Monday & Tuesday night - wouldn't like to stay here over a weekend if the noise kept me awake on a week night

Would consider staying here again due to the location but wasn't blown away

Room Tip: Room 1003 is a disabled accessible room, suitable for wheelchair users.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Your comments are very welcome and help us improve the levels of service that we are able to offer.

I have taken your comments on board with regards to the noise and apologise that we failed in replacing the tea and coffee in your room.

Many thanks again.