“Immaculate hotel with helpful staff.”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
Ranked #56 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Found the staff very helpful with directions and queries as never been to manchester before. Hotels room was spotless and very comfortable.Good location and close to restaurants and spar shop on the ground floor we went to eat at tops world buffet which Is around 5 min walking distance if you enjoy Asian food and puddings it's a must.was a bit disappointed that the hotel didn't do bacon on the break fast, it's sausage scrambled egg and beans.but they did have crusty bread blueberry muffins and croissants to make up for it.
Would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: On arrival they did ask if we had any preference to a lower or upper floor but we didn't mind bu...
1  Thank muzzyanna
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for giving us your thoughts following your recent stay.

I am pleased that we were able to assist you in a new city and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed with my partner for 5 nights over valentines and yet again, the hotel came up trumps.

We were greeted with smiles and warmth by every single staff member we met, especially a young man called Graham who was the welcome host. He is a credit to the company.

The rooms are great value (especially when booked in advance for discounts and being a IHG member), the beds are comfy, showers are large and powerful and the curtains drown out any light if you are wanting a lazy lie in.

The breakfast and tea making facilities could do with a bit more umfph as they are both quite basic (a full English would be my suggestion) but the bar area and ample choice of bervages, alcoholic and non, certainly made up for it.

I also met the general manager at the bar and had an enjoyable chat with him about the hotel and his background. A very pleasant gentleman who took pride in his work and his staff and rightly so.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manchester, it has every available amenity at a stones throw away and easy to find from Oxford Road train station. Also round the corner from Canal Street if you want a bit of sunshine and rainbows in your trip!

Just stay here, you wont regret it!

2  Thank welsh-sunshine-lover

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the breakfast that we offer.

I have passed on your comments to Graham and thank you for your kind comments regarding myself.

Thank you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stopped overnight at this hotel in January.
Room was nice enough, staff were very helpful, mattress was as hard as a board!
Breakfast whist very basic was adequate.

Bigger problem was when I got home to study my receipt. Having been quoted £80 both on the website and over the telephone when booking, my card was charged £89!

Despite numerous complaints this has not been rectified.

Needless to say I will not be stopping there again!

Room Tip: Pick a side room to avoid the traffic noise!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter H

Thank you for giving us feedback following your recent stay and bring the issue that you have regarding the payment to my attention.

I can confirm that we have arranged for the £9.00 to be refunded to your card and would request that you contact me directly at jsmith@hiemanchester.co.uk so that I can understand who you have spoken to regarding this and explain why the full charge of £89.00 was applied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Wonderful stay in manchester express. Could not fault a thing as it's excellent value for money,clean and very helpful staff.
Looking forward to another visit to Manchester. Will book holiday inn express again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

I am genuinely pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here on the 8th feb for 2 nights. Very clean room and lovely staff. I would certainly recommend this hotel :-) Train station only 5 minutes and cost £4.10 each and goes direct to airport every 15 minutes. Perfect!!:-)

Room Tip: End of corrider, quiet room.
2  Thank 22Lolo13
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am truly pleased that you had such an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed in the holiday express on business two nights last week. Not being familiar with Manchester or the area I was in was not brilliant. As I have found with the holiday inn the hotels are pretty average but the staff are always very helpfull. Graham and a young lad on reception particularly helped me with information and good customer service, even recommending a couple of fab restaurants. Keep up the good work all at the holiday inn !!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay.

I will pass your kind comments onto Graham and the front office team and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay(Friday night) I was worried that the hotel might be too noisy but the staff were so accommodating and sorted a quiet room on the top floor. Reception staff were friendly and helpful, Carley especially. We needed to get a taxi to the MEN at night. Daniel couldn't have been nicer- he sorted a cab out for us and gave us helpful tips about where to eat and visit. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was good-hot food also available. Don't be put off by the roadside spot. Once inside there is very little traffic noise-we were at the side of the hotel. The staff make this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Tenth floor is the best for quiet night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It gives me great pleasure that my staff were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. If you are a light sleeper it really is worth asking for a room on a higher floor.

I will be sure to make sure that Carly and Daniel get to see your kind comments.