“Very nice!!”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
Ranked #56 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was happy with the hotel room, clean, spacious and comfortable. Had an issue with an adjoining room and was moved straight away. Breakfast what you'd expect but would have been nice if it had been earlier as I had to leave very early both mornings and so one day didn't have much time and the other didn't get breakfast at all. Slight noise from the main road even my room was not on the main road! Also I don't know if it is because I was sleeping between 12 and 4 but I didn't get a change of towels and sheets in between my first and second night! Staff were very polite and helpful plus the hotel was very secure and drifters couldn't get in at nighttime which I was very happy with

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Peter W

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We enjoyed a smooth stay at the Holiday Inn Express Oxford Road, with a warm atmosphere and charming staff. Our stay was incredible value for money as we booked over 21 days in advance meaning a twin room was only £55 for a night. The hotel is in an extremely handy location as we got off the train at Oxford Road station and the hotel is literally a 5 minute walk round the corner. The staff were incredibly genuine and helpful, a true credit to the hotel. The morning breakfast was superb considering it was free and I had a toasting experience like no other. Our stay was enhanced further by the fact that the stairs were easily accessible, as I prefer them to the lift and we were only staying on the first floor. Our twin room was inviting, warm and spotless. I couldn’t believe how nice the room was for the price it had cost us and the bathroom was equally satisfying. Everything was above expectations and staying in this hotel made our trip all the more enjoyable. I could not fault this hotel. I will definitely be using this hotel in future visits to Manchester. In love!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Another good stay at this hotel, rooms very clean and tidy and the free breakfast is very welcome although understandably limited in selection but not quality as it was more than sufficient. Parking at the Euro Car Park in Charles Street opposite attracts a discount if the ticket is validated at the hotel before departure. Beds are a little firm but then again this is subjective as we are all different in our preferences.
A couple of design niggles. 'Gentlemen lift the seat' If you do the seat will not stay up as the toilet is too close to the back surround. The room heating/air conditioning controls are situated adjacent to the door at about 3ft from the floor. This means that any attempt to use the controls sees you standing in your own light and renders the screen unreadable....very frustrating, bring a torch or open the door to allow light in from the corridor as did many people during our stay. A bit sad these things really. I appreciate that the management at these hotels read the reviews and act upon them, but I bet that they are building a Holiday Inn Express somewhere as we speak to the exact same specification. These are issues that cannot be rectified later. Holiday Inn Express Group please get a grip.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Clean, new, good size room, fresh beds, nice bathroom, large modern shower. Fantastic location for Palace Theatre at a good price. Breakfast could be better as no bacon, fried/poached eggs, mushrooms etc but enough to satisfy appetite.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

New building at the Thearter end of Oxford Rd, close to the station. Ample parking a couple of minutes walk away. clean, secure, and an excellent shower! ideally located for pubs restaurants etc. The reception and bar are located on the -1 floor, which makes checking in etc nice and efficent> for a city centre Hotel, its not too pricy either

Reviewed April 22, 2013

As far as I can tell, this hotel is close to everything. Friendly staff at check-in. Internet is 5 GBP per day - per device! It is also really slow, I'm trying to work here now, and a simple Word-document is taking 12 minutes for downloading. Also, the breakfeast consists of to much chemicals for my taste, I had to go outside to find a place with decent food.

But the room I got is really nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear TarjeiH,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am delighted our location suited you well and pleased you liked your room accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced with our internet service and we regret the food served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable but too warm. I was very disappointed with the cooked breakfast, it looked gorgeous on the plate but tasted like cardboard, are you using powdered eggs!!!!!!! First time I have been charged extra for the use of Wi-Fi but this charge was inexpensive. Hotel very convenient if visiting University of Manchester as we were. China Town is just a five minute walk from the hotel, great food to be had there. The hotel is also very convenient for the city centre.

Room Tip: I was informed in the morning when I mentioned the heat in the rooms that the reception could have r...
1  Thank 205Deb64