Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
$212
$197
Hotels.com
1,188 results
All reviewscity centrebeanspalace theatrehi expressthe sofa bedtrain stationfree breakfastlarge showerconvenient locationthe air conditioningwould stay againmin walkstayed here for one nightgreat showerbudget hotelcooked breakfastyogurt
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The hotel is situated on Oxford road near all our favourite bars.

We stayed for one night at a good rate including breakfast - which was very good. When we arrived our room was very cold but the bed was very comfortable and we had a big bathroom with open shower.

The lifts at the hotel are very busy and only one seemed to be working so we resorted to using the stairs on several occasions which might not be ideal depending on which floor you are on and your mobility.

Overall the hotel is very nice and in a great location with a tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed here with my mother just before Christmas for a shopping trip. First impressions was confusion. You arrive at the hotel entrance, only to be sent down to the reception. Strange, because the entrance area had more than enough room for a reception area, leaving the basement solely for the purpose of breakfast. That was all a little "hotch-potch". The lift could do with slightly clearer information on how to use it (I never thought I'd write that a lift confused me...)

We had made a reservation for a twin room, but on arrival the room had a double bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed didn't bother me, but I was a bit annoyed that no sheets had been left for it. We informed reception who assured us that the sofa bed would be set up whilst we were out. It wasn't. We called reception again whilst we were getting ready to go out for the evening to ask once more (we tried asking the cleaner but she spoke no English - if I was in Greece, Kenya anywhere else OK - but England?!?), again we were assured that the sofa-bed would be set up whilst we were out. On our return at 12:30am (5 hours out) bed was still not made. I called reception again and the girl apologised and brought the bedsheets up to me. I made my bed, which at that time of the night peeved me off a bit.

Next morning we had breakfast which was good with a very good choice. Very attentive staff constantly refilling the hot goods.

On departure, we handed them our parking ticket for a nearby carpark, which they were supposed to give us a disount on, but they didn't do something and we ended up paying the full whack - not impressed.

The room was lovely, the bathroom beautiful, the views were beautiful in an urban way.

I so wanted to like the stay because it was a special shopping trip, but I just found the staff a bit "whatever" in their attitude...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank valentina123060
Reviewed January 5, 2012

went to old trafford recently and stayed here for 3 nights, would highly recommend it, staff were fantastic so friendly and helpful, breakfast was decent, room and bathrom very nice, bus across the road brings you to old trafford stadium/trafford centre or if you want to go to arndale shopping centre it's 10 min walk from the hotel, spar next door to hotel and plenty of restaurants nearby, plenty of tv stations also to catch up on the football, would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A K
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The night of the office Christmas party usually means a night in a Manchester hotel. This year I opted for the Holiday Inn Express and I couldn't have been happier. A warm welcome on arrival, large room, comfy bed and a great shower - for the price I couldn't have asked for more. Fantastic! Great location, great choice.

Room Tip: During the academic year Oxford Road is one of the busiest bus routes in Europe! Opt for a room at the rear of the hotel. You'll sacrifice a mediocre view for a much quieter night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2011

The location is great, you can walk to everything you need. Rooms are well maintained and very neat, just there is no window, and the aircon is very innefective.

The let down was the staff, well mainly one staff member, a managaer at reception. He was blatantly rude to us. I mean ok we are 22 years old, but if we are paying the price to be at your hotel, you can atleast be a little decent.

Other than that it was decent.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends