“Midweek lunch with the sister ”

Albert's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #93 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Mancester
“Midweek lunch with the sister ”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Just eaten at the alberts in Didsbury manchester with my sister Anne not been for ages but it was just as excellent as I remember. the lunch menu 10.50 for two was brilliant value don't know how they present such fabulous meals at the price.
I had the mini sausage mash with red wine jus which was to die for my sister had the smoked haddock and gruyere fish cakes also gorgeous ( we share) my main of fish and chips was delicious and my sister who had wondered if the lunch menu was made of smaller portions due to the price actually had to have a doggy bag to take home her half the portion.
Excellent service from both our servers well done Alberts job well done.

1 Thank mksmorgan

Manchester, U.K.
“Lively restaurant with good atmosphere and food.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Busy and lively restaurant, well organised with good menu. Can be very noisy in the evenings. If you are a large party you have to choose off a special menu (party menu) which leads to large bill. Lunch menu best value and available till 5 pm.

Visited February 2014
“Can't fault the service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We go here all the time, the atmosphere is always buzzing, the service excellent and the food is good. I've got to mention my last visit though, when the food proved a massive disappointment. The staff were great when I complained, immediately bringing a new meal out and taking the cost of the dish off the final bill. I was really impressed, yes it would have been better to have enjoyed the food in the first place but they could not have handled it better and I felt very much the valued customer.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I chose Albert's in Didsbury to celebrate my 60th birthday with friends and had a wonderful evening. The food, the ambience, the wine and the service were all excellent. We took a while choosing our dishes but the waitress was patient and didn't try to hustle us along. All of our dishes were beautifully presented and the staff then surprised me with a little something extra to mark the occasion. I have enjoyed lunches here before but this was my first evening meal in the restaurant and I will definitely come again.

“Valentines dinner”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Have been to Alberts for valentines day for the past two years and it Is excellent! Also ate on numerous other occasions. Food is always delicious and nicely presented. Lovely service and excellent cocktails.