“Tasty and modern”

Albert's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #194 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very popular so would advise booking in advance. Really enjoyed the food. Had one of the pizza's and my partner had one of the roast dinners. Large wine selection with recommended wines and good descriptions. The waitress who served us was friendly and professional. I liked the decor, modern and clean. The only slight negative I have is that the woman on the front desk was a bit rude, but willing to overlook this as the rest of the visit was great. Will definitely be back and hope to try the one in Castlefield too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,724)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Booked a table for a family lunch on Good Friday. Got to the restaurant and they claimed I had booked it for 12 people at 7pm (as opposed to 8 people at 1.30pm). Obviously this was frustrating, but mistakes happen and wouldn't have been a huge problem if they had been genuinely apologetic. However, the woman on reception was incredibly rude and condescending, would not accept responsibility for the mistake and repeatedly insinuated that I had booked at the wrong time. Will not go back in a hurry. Fourth time I've been here and every time the service has been poor.

1  Thank danandjennywalker
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having just recently moved to the Disbury area, I went to Alberts on the recommendation of some colleagues. On my first visit, it was during a week day afternoon, which offered the lunch time menu. The menu offered great choice, and the food was delicious.The service was also great, not too intrusive and very polite and friendly. Myself and my partner also visited on a weekend evening, and despite being extremely busy, everything was superb! We now make a visit to Alberts regularly!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We go to Alberts every Fri, early evening for the fixed 'early bird' menu. The food off the early menu is just the same portions & standard as the al a carte menu. The staff are very professional and more importantly friendly. My wife especially loves her visits to Alberts on a Friday because Champagne is half price !!! We now call her Bubbles. I hope you enjoy you meal and visits as much as we do.
Bon appetite.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Once again a very unpleasant visit.

The management in this place leave me cold..... Ironically very similar to the food!!!