Tripadvisor

Review of Zumu Street

Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #525 of 2,816 Restaurants in Manchester
Description: Asian influenced cuisine with a street food vibe! Delicious aromas and flavours guaranteed to get your taste buds going, featuring popular favourites such as Katsu Curry and Bao Buns; laid back street food which will adopt the relaxed vibe of the Northern Quarter. Dishes served in waves and designed to be shared.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was visiting Mamchester with my boyfriend and found this on meerkat meals. Read the reviews on tripadvisor and was slightly worried that it was a nightclub but that was not an issue at all. The venue was lovely inside, really comfy and cosy and not too dark either. The cocktails were phenomenal and the bar staff were super friendly. The food was also incredible. Great prices great portions great flavour and again exceptional customer service from waiting staff. And to make it even better theyre offering 50% off food in January. As well as 2 for 1 cocktails during happy hour, we got 2 starters 2 mains and 2 cocktails for £21.50!! Can not fault the place. Attached a pic of the chicken and prawn pad thai.

Date of visit: January 2020
zumustreet, Marketing at Zumu Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Bethany,

Thank you for the wonderful review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Zumu Street

Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed November 10, 2019 via mobile

Listed as a restaurant, but that’s a stretch. According to themselves they are a night club, so one should probably expect it to be impossible to enjoy a conversation during your meal due to annoyingly loud music in the early evening.

The food was decent for some of us, but one got raw chicken, so conclusion has to be poor. As the atmosphere was so lousy we didn’t bother to have them recook it.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank tom81988
Reviewed November 9, 2019 via mobile

The service received by Nana was excellent and the food outstanding, the best Sushi we have had in a while.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Claire Y
zumustreet, Guest Relations Manager at Zumu Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2019

Hello Claire Y,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're very happy to hear that you had a good experience at our restaurant and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 11, 2019

My experience at this restaurant was horrible.

Despite having a reservation for two, my boyfriend and I were sat at a table for six. I told the hostess my name and the time of my reservation, but she sat me at the table next to the one reserved with my name on it (how does that even happen?) Then my server brought me the wrong drink (again, how?) The food was decent, but I hardly remembered that by the end of my dining experience.

After we finished our food, my boyfriend and I sat for twenty minutes waiting for our bill. Finally my boyfriend called our server over to get the check. After the server charged my card, she informed me of the company’s policy against cards that require signatures. The server tried to incorrectly explain to me how signature cards work before calling over her manager. The manager tried to hold my belongings so I could go to the ATM to bring him cash... as a favor? The entire ordeal was ridiculous.

The management did as poor of a job dealing with the situation as the servers were at the basic functions of their jobs.

Date of visit: October 2019
zumustreet, Manager at Zumu Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2019

Hello Sophie K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're surprised to know this was your experience. We would like to apologize if the experience you had with us was not up to scratch. As you can see from previous reviews, it's not a regular occurrence for us and we pride ourselves on providing excellent service that matches the quality of our food. However, we will look into the issues you have raised you we can further improve the way we do business. We are still hopeful that you would give us another chance and return to us some day.

Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

Found this gem of a place by the off chance, my friend from Denmark flew over to see me and we were both so thrilled when we came across the underground Asian inspired bar/restaurant. We had two sushi rolls, edamame, pork buns and the popcorn shrimp - everything was amazing, as well as the white to share! Very reasonably priced! The staff were so lovely and accommodating and we were absolutely loving the old rnb playlist go check this place out!!

Date of visit: October 2019

Hello jdsqrs39,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a glowing review. We are glad you enjoyed our service and the food and hope you can visit us again soon.

Zumu Streegt