Tripadvisor

from $39.54
from $46.13
from $46.13
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 15, 2019

Great night out good atmosphere everybody in Christmas spirit. Hardworking bar staff . Loved the photo machine for the Guinness.

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Relatively modern Irish bar - though not much Irish about it apart from the name and they serve Guinness. Took a long time to get served and the staff had no idea how to turn off the fire alarm which was accidentally activated my someone vaping. Around £5 for a pint so pretty average for town.

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Not at all surprised to see negative reviews for the manager of this place. I don’t like singling an individual out in this manner but this man is unfit for a customer facing role.

Quite tall dark hair and effeminate and wearing a badge that said manager he was incapable of coping with a busy bar. My friend was at the bar which was very busy and he was attempting to get served. You can’t whisper when there’s about 20 people all trying to get served, so he was politely shouting for drinks in the usual way you do at a bar but this manager who seems incredibly stressed completely lost it and started bawling at my friend and others not to shout at him. I’m not talking about a quick snap here, he completely lost it to the point that even above the loud music pretty much everybody in the bar was looking.

Absolutely unacceptable behaviour which should be addressed by the bar owners.

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Having visited the bar lthe other night for the boxing it was absolutely rammed and the staff were running around trying to serve as quick as they could. The 2 managers were doing their best to deal with it and could see it was taking its toll. However they remained upbeat and seemed to be having fun. Was a good vibe and will be back for a hopefully quieter drink!

Reviewed December 8, 2019

The manager was incredibly rude to my wife last night. The bar was very busy and it was a chore to get served, she had been waiting about 15 mins and was being constantly overlooked so she tried to catch the managers attention and said really politely “excuse me can you serve me next? A lot of these people came after me” to my absolute astonishment he screamed at her “don’t shout at me, I’m busy” I then interrupted and said “woah hang on who are you talking to?”

He continued to shout at us both and then declared “you’re not getting served so get out”

I’m still not sure what his problem was tbh maybe he was a blue (mufc ) and it was only out of respect for the bouncer who was a top fella and a credit to the bar that it didn’t end up very badly for him. The bouncer told me that the manager is always causing problems for them with the way he speaks to people. He’s not fit for the role tbh and had he not been wearing a badge that declared him ‘manager’ I wouldn’t have believed it.

We won’t be back