“Bad Experience!”
Review of Ciao Bella - CLOSED

Ciao Bella
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 27, 2013

4 of us went on Voucher deal Tuesday lunchtime whilst on a shopping trip and visiting the Christmas Markets.. We were a bit disappointed with the dingy entrance and décor, however a slightly surly waiter showed us to a table,, We were only customers at this point...We chose lasagne, pasta and rice dishes and as glass of wine was in on the deal . We were offered large wine for extra pound each and whether we wanted fries or salads which we were told, included in the deal so we ordered 2 of each to share.
We had been totally mislead and lied to as the chips and side salads were actually extras and cost us an extra £18. Food was ok but would not go back due to being conned out of extra money.. must be desperate!!

1  Thank bwendy

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect any Michelin stars here but it was far from a horror show.

It was certainly a very small restaurant, and had plenty of character in it. Give me that over a monotonous chain. The service was very efficient and the staff pleasant. In terms of the 10% being added on we were fine with that because the service merited it.

As for the food, the starters of Parma ham and sardines were very good. The pizza and carbonara mains were mediocre.

We came in here on the off chance, had no expectations and whilst we probably won't go back in a hurry we felt we got what we paid for.

1  Thank MancMan78
Reviewed November 12, 2013

With Groupon voucher in hand and, thanks to the bad reviews on here, a sense of dread in the pit of our stomachs we decided to brave it any way, and all I can say is I'm glad we did! The food, service and atmosphere was brilliant, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal (starters were ordered as well as the groupon deal) and would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I bought a voucher deal off living social.. It was very cheap and l did have my reservations about what l would get for the price.,. However, l was very pleased with what we got.. 3 of us had different things.. My friend has the calzone, l had salmon pasta and my friend had lasagne.. We all commented how delicious it was and the wine was simply devine...

The young waitress was very polite to us and served us with a smile. The meal was out within 20 minutes and was piping hot.. I had a try of my friends Calzone ! OMG, it was amazing !!

What was quite cheeky was she added another £1.50 to our bill for a tip.. I thought tips are optional and not mandatory? We had every intention of tipping but decided not to after the add on of a tip. I haven't marked them down on this as this was not reflection on them and might be standard across the board for restaurants.

I have no idea why everyone is saying negative things about this restaurant it was perfectly fine. It needs somestructural and modern make over, but if you want an italian that is really tasty Ciao Bello is most certainly the place to go.

I will certainly be returning in the very near future ! Thanks guys

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went with my wife last nite on a night out,on first impressions it looked okay from the outside and we decided to give it a try.as we went inside it seemed nice and clean with people eating at 3/4 tables.The waitess came over and was polite showing us to our table,but thats were it stopped!
we had to call her back over to order drinks and i ended up having to light the candle on the table myself.to me its also the small things that matter when u walk into a restaurant.ie asking would you like a drink as soon as you sit down and lighting a candle on the table!we ordered a garlic bread to see us thru while we waited for our main course which was lasagne and pollo crema.
I was really looking forward to my chicken,so when it came it looked well presented.but after the first bite there was something not right and i had to spit it out onto my plate,i had another try and again the taste was AWFUL!!trust me this was not CHICKEN!!!
My wife called the waitress over and explained that the so called chicken was not cooked,she apologised and took it away.the manager came over to explain that the chicken was fresh today and he had prepared it earlier.when my meal came back,cooked this time,the chicken still tasted the same and i left it.we ordered cheese cake and choc fudge cake for dessert and ive had better from farmfoods.we left feeling extremely disappointed and ripped off!!
We are giving the whole experience a 2 out 10 and that is being generous.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
This is the first actual review ive ever done,but i felt our experience at this restaurant was that bad we have to share it.

3  Thank aidan p