“Fantastic meal and great service.. Why negative from other l don't know”
Review of Ciao Bella - CLOSED

Ciao Bella
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I bought a voucher deal off living social.. It was very cheap and l did have my reservations about what l would get for the price.,. However, l was very pleased with what we got.. 3 of us had different things.. My friend has the calzone, l had salmon pasta and my friend had lasagne.. We all commented how delicious it was and the wine was simply devine...

The young waitress was very polite to us and served us with a smile. The meal was out within 20 minutes and was piping hot.. I had a try of my friends Calzone ! OMG, it was amazing !!

What was quite cheeky was she added another £1.50 to our bill for a tip.. I thought tips are optional and not mandatory? We had every intention of tipping but decided not to after the add on of a tip. I haven't marked them down on this as this was not reflection on them and might be standard across the board for restaurants.

I have no idea why everyone is saying negative things about this restaurant it was perfectly fine. It needs somestructural and modern make over, but if you want an italian that is really tasty Ciao Bello is most certainly the place to go.

I will certainly be returning in the very near future ! Thanks guys

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went with my wife last nite on a night out,on first impressions it looked okay from the outside and we decided to give it a try.as we went inside it seemed nice and clean with people eating at 3/4 tables.The waitess came over and was polite showing us to our table,but thats were it stopped!
we had to call her back over to order drinks and i ended up having to light the candle on the table myself.to me its also the small things that matter when u walk into a restaurant.ie asking would you like a drink as soon as you sit down and lighting a candle on the table!we ordered a garlic bread to see us thru while we waited for our main course which was lasagne and pollo crema.
I was really looking forward to my chicken,so when it came it looked well presented.but after the first bite there was something not right and i had to spit it out onto my plate,i had another try and again the taste was AWFUL!!trust me this was not CHICKEN!!!
My wife called the waitress over and explained that the so called chicken was not cooked,she apologised and took it away.the manager came over to explain that the chicken was fresh today and he had prepared it earlier.when my meal came back,cooked this time,the chicken still tasted the same and i left it.we ordered cheese cake and choc fudge cake for dessert and ive had better from farmfoods.we left feeling extremely disappointed and ripped off!!
We are giving the whole experience a 2 out 10 and that is being generous.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
This is the first actual review ive ever done,but i felt our experience at this restaurant was that bad we have to share it.

3  Thank aidan p
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a living social deal and read the reviews after getting the voucher but before going so my expectations were low to say the least. What I was presented with was an authentic atmosphere and great food. We had garlic bread to start and pasta main dishes which were really really good. Ok so the cutlery doesn't match which has been brought up in previous reviews but that doesn't really matter to me and in no way affected my experience. All in all I would say if you want a rustic atmosphere and pretty decent food give this place a try. We loved it.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me and my husband got a group on deal for here.
We liked it.
Yes it's rustic, the waiters are very friendly the food is absolutely fine not the best we have ever had but it still tastes nice - garlic bread good - wine good a real bargain we would go back !

1  Thank kirstyr950
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I purchased a deal on Groupon and was looking forward to a nice Italian meal.....so disappointing! As we walked into the 'restaurant' the manager was not very inviting and showed us to our seat...it was empty! The smell as we walked in was musty and the surroundings dingy! Glancing over at the kitchen I saw dirty tea towels and old frying pans stacked high. We decided to have a margarita pizza to play it safe...the base was uncooked and cheese was plastic...not authentic Italian! The plates were chipped,table cloth dusty and the manager sat and watched tv as we ate! Needless to say we drank our wine quickly and made for the door! It was dingy, creepy and dirty. Never again!

1  Thank Penny L