“Bacon and egg”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: opened during 2009 at Terminal 2
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Just popped in for bacon and eggs before our flight. Mine was served on a lightly buttered muffin and was lovely, however my husbands bacon was stone cold served on buttered toast. They returned with a replacement quickly enough. Buts its always disappointing to eat on your own. Pots of tea were good. Each holding 2 cups.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am normally a fan of Frankie and Bennys and have eaten at a number of them around the UK. OK its not gourmet food at the best of times but it is normally freshly cooked and quite filling.

I was waiting for my flight back to Venice so had a quick brunch at F&B's in the terminal. I had geared myself up to ordering a burger )which is always a good choice) and then noticed someone on the next table with an all day breakfast - so changed my mind and went for this.

As usual for an airport location the service was quick and was soon tucking into the plate of breakfast items plus some chips. Unfortunatley most of the breakfast items seemed like they were cooked at breakfast time and were not at their best.

So not the best of food on this occasion but hopefully it was a one off.

2  Thank Neale1810
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had our breakfast hear before our flight
good quality beakfast, tasty sausages
prompt service
not cheap but was is in a n airpot lounge
as good as it gets in manchester airport

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I remember Frankie & Benny's being good, although the last time I went I was 14, so it was new and exciting and "grown-up" compared to the Pizza Huts and stuff I was used to.

Since Manchester seems to lack any reasonably-priced establishments that sell food other than burgers with homemade "slaw" after lunch, we decided to dip in for a meal. It was quite late and the restaurant was fairy quiet... yet service was very slow. The menu didn't offer a great deal of variety - it was the usual pizza-or-burger slog - and it was very overpriced compared to other places in the city which pretty-much all do the same thing; and better, for much cheaper.

The service wasn't great. I can understand that waiting-on can be a bit of a drag (I was one myself once), but the waitress was very short with us - maybe she was having a bad day, but unfortunately it came across very blatantly. And it's not like we were being pains or anything - we'd just ordered our food and drinks, and that seemed to bother her.

I don't know if it's just this particular restaurant that I had a pretty bad experience with, or whether it's the whole chain, but I wouldn't recommend it. It didn't do anything strictly "wrong", it was just very average - everywhere does what F&B's does now, and offers much better value for money, and a much nicer atmosphere. Go to a Wetherspoons or somewhere in the Northern Quarter for half the price.

1  Thank AG1991
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We unfortunately just missed breakfast by the time we went through security - luckily they served an 'all day breakfast' which was fantastic. The food quality and staff were both excellent. There isn't much choice where to eat at T2 but the last couple of times we flew we have always eaten here and had no complaints. Definitely recommend and will return.

1  Thank Stephen W