“Great apartments and location is excellent”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“Great apartments and location is excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went away for the weekend and stopped here, I would recommend to anyone to stay here, rooms are spotless, double shower and double sink! The grab and go station is convenient! Location is very central just down the road from canal street and around the corner from Manchester town centre!

All in all a great place to stay, staff are very friendly and we personally could hear people walking around above us as we was on the first floor. The only negative I have about the apartment was our room was on the first floor facing the main street and was very conscience when the curtains were open even though there was a net as well!

Car park just around the corner from the hotel but VERY expensive (£20 for 24hours!) but is in a secure car park, if you are thinking of driving please drive around the area as there are car parks on the streets opposite which are loads cheaper BUT they are outside car parks!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Accrington, Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I would like to start this review by stating the receptionist/concierge was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I don't know her name, maybe Dulce?although not sure, but we arrived on Saturday around 1.30 ish she also loaned us an umbrella as it was raining. We booked a luxury room through a third party website (booking.com I think). My partner paid extra for the room but when we arrived the room allocated wasn't a luxury one and when we queried this we were told that all rooms were the same standard except for the loft room. Anyway, the receptionist gave us another room where the bathroom had a bath with t.v. (You have to really haha). The room was lovely, it was clean and had everything you could need. The bed was so comfortable and we had a good view of the Main Street (a wee bit noisy but you need to expect that in a city centre). The floors were a bet creaky but it added to the experience. The breakfast is a grab and go option which consists of croissants, muffins and fruit. The coffee machine wasn't working so can't comment on that one.Oh word of warning, unless you can skate like Christopher Dean, don't walk on the wooden floor in socks!! My partner did and it was hilarious - Talk about dancing on ice! Overall, a little expensive but perfect location and good clean rooms.

Room Tip: We were in room 205 which overlooked Princess Street with the old monkey pub on the corner. Excelle...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mandyjenk
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Roomzzz Aparthotel in Manchester for 3 nights in early June. The check-in was quick, the receptionist very pleasant and helpful in enabling me to orientate myself with the hotel and the local area. The room was very nice and overlooked the main road at the front. I was up on a high level so the road noise was not a problem whatsoever. The apartment was well equipped, liked the Apple Mac computer and the bathroom was very innovative in its design with glass partitioning but also a separate conventional toilet. The breakfast was basic but fine with pastries, muffins, fruit, coffee/tea and cartons of fruit juice...It was available to 'grab and go' from the reception area. There is of course kitchen facilities to be able to grab breakfast from the close by tesco express and do it yourself if you like this. The location was great for the Manchester Central Conference venue and plenty of restaurants in China Town and surrounding areas. Two Wetherspoons within a 5 minute walk also...Staff were always very pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay again at this Aparthotel when visiting Manchester....

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Love this place..perfect spot...so relaxing and excellent amenities. Highly recommended to all who visit Manchester. Surroundings are great...lots of choice in regards to bars...food...clubs and places to shop. Parking is available at a reduced rate and if you're travelling by train then picadilly station is a few minutes walk away. Manchester tram service is also nearby so access to other areas of the city is easy enough

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Devon M
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had 2 x 2 night stays over the space of 2 weeks in the hotel following a change from my usual Hilton DoubleTree. The reason I changed was to see what the place was like as I had heard good reviews and also the facilities were better as I needed somewhere that I could work and eat in.

First impressions were great as it is located just on the outskirts of Chinatown which is quite central and also close to Manchester University which was where I was going. The only concern I had was that the receptions desk seems to be vacated at random times and I was waiting about 15 minutes for someone to return. The lady who dealt with me checking in was great and very apologetic and the whole process took about 5 minutes.

The room was great and had a raised area where the bed was located and the bathroom was a good size. The decor was great and the whole place felt more like an apartment as opposed to a hotel room which ensured that I could relax a little more when trying to work.

The car park is Q Park and you can get discount from the hotel. The car park is very secure and about 200 yards door to door.

If you are looking primarily for a great room and want to eat out or bring a takeaway back then it’s perfect but if you want the facilities of bars, restaurants, gyms and conference rooms this isn’t the place for you. But for what I wanted it for (1 business and 1 leisure trip) it was perfect and I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the street side if you want a lie in.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay in one of the maxima suites as they're on the top floor so have the least traffic noise. You also get a desktop mac and a television, instead of having to use the tv as the computer screen. This is helpful if you're watching something on tv and your friend wants to map a route to somewhere!

There is free wifi in all the rooms and I've never had a problem with the signal strength.

The grab and go breakfast is great - you can take it back up to your room or take it with you when you check out. Try to avoid the pantry if you can (a collection of food you can buy in the reception area to cook in your room) ... You can order take-away to be delivered to the hotel and there's also a few shops around the corner for cooking supplies which is much cheaper.

The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is I was a little disappointed with the state of my room this time. There were hairs in the bath, crumbs on the sofa, the skylight blinds were broken and the wooden chairs were scratched to death. Perhaps the rooms need a bit of tlc, but overall it's worth the money.

It was unseasonably warm during my stay, and there was a fan provided in addition to the air conditioning in the room which was a nice addition. You can always ask for extra towels and bedding and these are brought to you promptly no matter what time of the night you ask!

Whilst in Manchester I simply wouldn't stay anywhere else! The reception staff are so friendly and where else can you watch tv whilst having a bath?!

Stayed June 2014
Haydock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times & its still the first place I would check out ref staying in town. Booked on a white cross sale & got 25% off for paying up front , no issuec as I was not going to cancel
. Due to cost difference being minimal I booked a Liberty Suite which was located on the top floor. Room had loft windows & had a spiral staircase up to the kitchen area.
Even in March the kitchen area was much too hot though I only used it for a cuppa. Cant imagine sitting up there in summer to eat anything in the evening or when you bring breakfast back from the reception area . Plus you cant see the TV from up there & the staircase made hell of a noise going up & coming down. Also wardrobe space was very tight, would not be good for a couple staying more than 1 night as no where much to hang anything.

When I stay again, I will stick to a Grande studio as the layout for me worked much better for me last time.
THe check in & out staff were again very friendly & chatty , cant fault them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business