“Nice hotel, nice price.”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel, nice price.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Roomzzz Aparthotel offers studio apartment-like rooms with a small kitchen area in each room. The staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable, the towels thick, and the cleaning service very good. Roomzzz is an excellent value. It's also centrally located, within walking distance to Piccadilly Station, a good coffee shop, Manchester Art Gallery. On the free city centre bus line (shuttle 3 line stops just in front of the hotel). Can be noisy on the street side on weekend nights. If you must visit Manchester, highly recommend for reasonably priced, clean hotel.

Room Tip: Weekend nights are a bit loud street side, but the windows are large.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Lancashire
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Our room was amazing large windows, high ceiling overlooking Princess Street. Very clean beautifully appointed room would recommend a stay here . Initially wasn't happy with our first room choice as it was up in the attic and was very warm but reception quickly recetified this so no problems there .

• Stayed June 2014
Amesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Really great place to stay in the heart of Manchester, just on the edge of China Town. Rooms have all you'd need for a S/C setup. Can be a tad noisy if you have a room facing the street. Other than that it's ideal. Bathrooms are seriously nice and the front desk staff are very helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I love so much about this hotel.

Budget wise - It's the top end of my budget, but I stretch to it because I feel I get good value for money.

Cleanliness - Always Excellent, can't fault it.

Customer service - Exceptional. The hotel staff are always very friendly. I emailed them today and received an immediate response with a well developed explanation. This alone makes me want to stay again.

Room and space - Rooms are a good size. I personally preferred the bigger liberty suites which have (apparently) recently had their layout altered and as a result downgraded to a Grand Studio. I am yet to see the new layout... I liked the unusual feel of the bed in the middle of the room so I hope the new layout hasn't been at the detriment of it's space/uniqueness.

Last night I stayed in a new liberty suite and was given a room that has been upgraded from a Grand Studio.... I must confess it felt smaller, and I didn't like that I no longer had a dining table (a breakfast bar was provided) however I did like the addition of a bath instead of a double shower. I would say the two things balance out, and it's just preference regarding your personal needs. The hotel have explained that the rooms have been reclassified as a result of guest feedback, however it seems to me that it's just caused further confusion.

Noise - I stayed on a Sunday night. I suspect the hotel was quiet, but there was no noise transfer from other rooms, and although we were playing music quite late, we didn't bother anyone else. I value this, as it does help you gain a sense of privacy and own-space.

Breakfast - I like the grab and go concept, but I'm not overly enamoured with the choices. High fat cakes and pastries or fruit. I'd value the addition of some cereals and yoghurt.

Location - Excellent. Within a short walk of the major shops and entertainment venues.

Would I stay again - Definitely! I'm just worried they'll put the price up or become so popular it's difficult to book. I actually thought about not posting just because I want it to keep it to myself!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

One night away with a good friend to escape from the daily grind was what we wanted and the excellent customer service was what made it for me. Nothing is too much trouble for reception staff. The apartment was peaceful and luxurious. Can't wait to return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great apartment, very modern with very nice finishing touches. The TV/Mac was especially nice. The receptionist with long brown hair was extremely helpful and cheery and the maid service was very quick and efficient. However, I requested a room high up in the hotel and away from the road, it seems none of the rooms are fully shielded from the traffic noise and the floors and roof are not very well reinforced as the floor above us woke us up every morning banging their feet and slamming the heavy doors. Our room was also next to the laundry room which was very loud on a morning and although we tried very hard we could not sleep past 7am due to sirens, buses, cleaners and other guests shouting on corridors and making noise on other floors. All in all we were looking for a quiet stay in a city hotel but they did not come hand in hand, the location is great but unfortunately the apartment was just not worth the money! Disappointed.

1 Thank AnnaR8528
Guntars T, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear AnnaR5828,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I'm very sorry that your stay wasn't as intended but I am pleased to read that you enjoyed some aspects of our hotel and service.

As a city centre hotel that's located on the junction of two very busy roads we are exposed to the hustle and bustle of a big city and the street noise sometimes can be a factor. To minimise the impact of it we have double glassed all our windows, soundproofed external walls, roof and ceilings. Also the internal parts of the apartments are soundproofed and our reception team does regular floor checks to monitor the noise levels in the hotel. Our housekeeping team starts work at 9 am in the morning to avoid any disturbance to our guests.

In June we had a Parklife festival weekend where many of our guests were returning in the early morning hours and this also might have contributed to higher noise levels in the hotel, however I can assure you that this is not a common experience.

Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and I hope you will choose to stay with us again allowing us the chance to deliver high quality service.

Thank you.
Kind regards
Guntars Tiskus
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times. Unfortunately on my last visit i was given a room on the lower ground (for the first time). I was shocked they were charged at the same price as other rooms. The bathroom floor was very hot, the floor boards creaked, the room was cold when we arrived and then it was too hot, no window (not a proper window at least). Disappointed for the money it costs and especially as i chose to grab a loyalty card.

Room Tip: Do not choose a LG room otherwise you will regret staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Guntars T, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear People777

Thank you for taking time to leave your review on TripAdvisor. I'm saddened to read that you didn't like your room and that your stay wasn't as intended.

All Lower Ground and Ground floor apartments in our hotel have under floor heating in the bathroom that can be adjusted or turned off by using the thermostat switch. Also all rooms have air-conditioning units that offer five different settings and temperature options to adjust it to your liking. Our 24/7 reception team will be always happy to help you in case your require assistance.

Our Lower Ground floor apartments are very much liked by many of our guests and on daily basis we receive requests to be assigned to these rooms.

I'm very sorry that your stay wasn't as intended and I would kindly ask you when you next planning to stay with us please add a request on your booking and we will do our best to honour it.

Kind regards