“LOVE this place, gorgeous!!!”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #5 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in 2009 on a weekend trip to Manchester, it was gorgeous, it felt so glitzy and glamourous and we got a really good deal. It is my all time favourite place that I have stayed - 5* would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Roomzzz Manchester City

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is our second stay at this Hotel. Very modern hotel at the heart of Manchester - rooms really are a good size,staff are friendly, and the rooms well fitted - we can recommend a stay for sure! We will be returning soon.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we stayed here for 1 night to see the lion king and were flying on holiday the following morning.

we stayed in the penthouse, you are greeted by 2 double doors then when opened its the lounge area 2 comfy sofas 2 chair dining table and chairs. 1 bedroom downstairs with en suite toilet.

ipod dock computer, and plenty of storage in downstairs bedroom,

kitchen had all the amenities you need, we never had the opportunity to use this though.

main bathroom was huge with walk in shower and sunken bath with tv, which was nice to watch while having a beer in the bath.

there were 5 TVs in total throughout the apartment.

upstairs bedroom accessed via a spiral staircase was very comfy and spacious.

we paid £155 for the penthouse and extra £10 to check in early which was convenient for us.

it looked like the hotel is being made bigger or having some construction work near reception area, there was no noise and we didn't even notice anything and the area was constantly being cleaned as we passed throughout.

if visiting manchester i recommend staying here, its our 2nd time and will be back next time we stay in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights (30th December -1st January). When being checked in by a very helpful lady (dulce) our room didn't look much better than a standard smart studio. However when asking the receptionist she showed us another liberty suite which was beautiful.

Our stay was great apart from the party that was going on in the penthouse suite opposite our room 501. I understand it was NYE but the noise was ridiculous. We heard the security come up about 4 times, but the lads did not get the message. A very poor sleep was had. Usually we cannot hear any noise from the road either, but it sounded like the windows were open! The receptionist offered us late check out, but at 10:40 we were ready to go.

Apart from these issues our stay was great.

The staff were fantastic, an honour to the hotel.

The breakfast could offer butter and jam for croissants as this was minimal. Also maybe a small baking tray would be ideal for in the rooms, as we struggled to cook chips.

Fantastic location and immaculately clean hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have just returned from 2 night's at Roomzzz. The location is great on Princess Street, a stones throw from Canal Street and easy walking distance for city centre shopping. China Town is literally on your doorstep for a cheap and cheerful meal.

We arrived Sunday and was met by a lovely receptionist, I wish I had got her name as she is a credit to the company. Very friendly and helpful and even helped me take my bags to the room as the other half had disappeared on a loo run :)

The room was lovely, we stayed in a Grand Studio, I had originally booked a Maxima Suite but due to changing the dates to stay over New Year the suite was not available, however the Grand Studio was more than adequate, plenty of room, lovely comfy four poster style bed, sitting area, cute little kitchen and a lovely bathroom with double monsoon shower or a smaller little shower on the wall that I used sometimes for a quick morning shower. My only SLIGHT criticism was the water was not hot enough for me, it was a decent warmth but I do sometimes like a red hot shower especially after being out shopping in the freezing cold and the water was just warm.

We went out to Cloud 23 at the Hilton on Sunday night, amazing place if you have never been, just a short taxi drive away £4 at the most. Cocktails are a bit pricey at £9.25 but the view and ambience more than make up for it. Having returned to the hotel about midnight the night staff were again lovely, the staff at this hotel are a credit to Roomzzz everyone is always smiling and asking if you are well which is a refreshing change from the usual receptionists I have experienced in other Manchester hotels.

New Years Eve we were back in the hotel before the bells and I was pleasantly surprised that there was no noise from other guests and that there was no noise from outside other than fireworks going off. I know some reviews have complained about noise from the street but we didn't hear any, perhaps because we were at the back of the hotel.

I can not recommend this hotel enough, I have ALWAYS been a Malmaison fan and we decided to give Roomzzz a chance as their bigger rooms were considerably cheaper in price than Malmaison over the New Year period and I have to say I will never use Malmaison again now I've found this little gem :)

Well done Roomzzz I'm converted!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KelcoLeeds
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at this lovely place twice before and also been to Leeds as well and had 2 nights there , first time was our wedding night 2 years ago and we thought New Year's Eve would be great . It is great facilities superb , cony bed warm room , Apple Mac to use , nice bathroom , great location , we use a lot of Manchester hotels for evenings out and this is right up there as our favourite . Off to the new one in Newcastle in February I think . And more stays are sure to follow . Thanks and happy new year

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank StockportRacca
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel I booked the maxima suite room 505 as it was my husbands birthday and I had booked tickets for him and myself to go and watch his favorite team man Utd .

The room was very clean and tidy it was like we had never left home the bath is huge it can hold at least 2 people and you can relax and njoy the tv that they have installed in front of the bath tub, shower was nice too it was at least a double .

the concierge service was very polite and helpful when we could not work out how to turn up the heat they explained over the phone in detail and offered to even come up and do it for us if we could not do it.

There's a vast amount of Chinese restaurants on china town across the road from the hotel the city centre is around a 15-20 minute walk up the road.

If you decide to go to Manchester this hotel will not disappoint and if your going to a man Utd match you can get a tram at Piccadilly Circus which is 5 mins walk from the hotel there are normally ticket advisers at the tram station so they can advise you the best route to take to get to old Trafford overall it was a great trip will be heading back soon.

• Stayed: November 2012