“Great stay!”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We booked a room at Roomzzz Manchester because of very good reviews. Me and my wife traveled from Oslo to Manchester, partly for celebrating my wives birthday and partly for the game at Old Trafford. Something for her and something for me. Therefore I was lokking for a central, nice and romantic place to stay, and Roomzzz was the place. We have absolutly no complains. We stayed on the top floor. Very quiet, big modern room with a small kitchen. The bathroom was superb, with a tub with TV! Nice polite crew as well. Next time I go to Manchester, will we stay at this hotel: YES!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oddis2
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review!
We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Roomzzz - sounds like you had a full weekend planned!
Don't forget to take a look at our website for future offers and special deals for your next visit to Manchester, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed at Roomzzz manchester in april 2011. I thought the hotel was brilliant.
Check-in was efficient and polite, even though we were early (2pm).

The room itself was lovely. It was clean and welcoming. we had the grande suite which has a lovely double bed, sofa, table and radio/iphone docker and plasma tv.
The kitchen appeared to have all the utensils and equipment you would need- although we did not use them so unable to comment - fridge was useful.

The shower room was basically a wet room with two shower heads (they were at a slightly odd location as one wasquite low and the other was towards the edge of the shower although this did not cause an issue for us). Toilet was seperate to the shower room. There was also a cupboard with ironing board, iron, shoe horn andf safe.

The hotel has free interenet access via the imac that is in the room and also free wi-fi (password on imac homepage).

The hotel was in a great location- literally in chinatown, with piccadilly station, canal street, deansgate etc.... al within walking distance.

Overall a great hotel and would definitely return and recommend,

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. Such reviews do play an important role with motivating the team here at Roomzzz and we are pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay.
We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and please do check out our website for the latest offers and special rates.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in one of the Grand rooms on the third floor. Room was very spacious, large bed, mac computer, well equipped kitchen area and modern bathroom made for a great stay. Concierge (Paris) was very welcoming and friendly. The apartments are very central so ideal for those wanting to explore Manchester and it's nightlife.

Room Tip: Area can be noisy, stay on upper floors if possib.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. I was pleased to note that you had enjoyed your stay and also that Paris was helpful towards you. The hotel has recently undergone refurbishment works with regards to upgrading the soundproofing on all rooms on all floors. The result of this is work has by far reduced the noise well within the building regulations for a new build property and we have received many favourable comments.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I came to Manchester to see Kylie, and staying at this hotel just added to my fabulous stay in Manchester. Roomzzz Aparthotel has a funky rating of 10, is in a great location (close to Canal Street which is handy for any gay travellers) and the service was first class.

I loved the memory foam bed, the free wi-fi on the iMac computer, the cool double shower, and the great little kitchen. And the hotel was very good value. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for such a positive review. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and indeed appreciate the extra touches which make Roomzzz a unique property.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Roomzzz in the not too distant future - be sure to check out our website for the latest offers and special rates.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Very comfy superking beds, excellent double shower bathrooms and great kitchen. Def recommend!

• Stayed: May 2011
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time such a positive review of Roomzzz. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Dont forget to check out our special offers on the Roomzzz website!

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed at Roomzzz Machester on 9th april 11. Right in the centre of Manchester . Great location. Service excellent. I stayed in room 503 at the top. Even though its at the top very noisy. Room shook everytime a bus went by. I mean actually vibrated.. We booked a "Grande Suite" not much grande about it. Nice but small. My brothers stayed in 105. Same type of room but far bigger and quiet. Would stay again but reqest a lower floor.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to post your review.
I see from your reservation that you had booked a Grande Studio, and as the name suggests these are studio style rooms, with open plan layout. As we only have 4 rooms which can set as twin beds regretfully you and your brother were allocated rooms on seperate floors.
We have recently and currently undertaking refurbishment works with regards to the sound proofing, and as you can appreciate such works do take time. Our first to third floor rooms have been completed, and this week works have started on the fourth floor.
Your brother's room has had such works completed and I was pleased to note that you found his room much quieter, especially as this was located on the first floor at the front of the building.
I am sorry that you have scored Roomzzz so low for value as we do pride ourselves on quality accommodation at a realistic price for a city centre location. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future and you will have a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed at Roomzzz in Manchester for 2 nights. I needed a hotel which wasn't too far away from the Bridgewater Hall, as I was going to a concert there on Monday evening. The Roomzzz Aparthotel was within walking distance of the Bridgewater Hall, while still being close to both central train stations (Manchester Oxford Road and Piccadilly), and other attractions like the Manchester Art Gallery, or the main shopping streets in central Manchester. It's also literally just across the road from Chinatown.

Check in was at 3 pm. This went smoothly. I'd paid advance rates for my booking, via the Roomzzz website. I thought this was good value for the room I got. I stayed in a Smart Studio room, which was overlooking the main intersection of Princess and Portland Streets. I know some other reviewers have mentioned noise from the roads outside - I had no problems with that. The most noise I heard was when an ambulance went by outside with its siren going once, and I would expect to hear that, even with soundproofing. There was a bit of clicking or ticking from the air conditioning, I think, but that wasn't a problem either. And I wasn't bothered by noise from other guests at all. So I'd say it was a quiet and peaceful hotel.

There's a large wardrobe in the room, with an ironing board, a steam iron, a clothes brush, shoe horn, and there is a small safe in the wardrobe too, which would have been useful if I'd brought my laptop. I stored my jewellery in it. There's also a large flatscreen TV, which doubles as an iMac. I had a little trouble figuring out how to change the input to the screen from TV to internet. A quick call to reception answered my question. The batteries on the wireless mouse had run out, and again, a quick call to reception saw replacement batteries being brought up to my room straight away. So the service was quick and responsive, and staff were friendly and welcoming throughout my stay. As a frequent solo traveller, it's nice to arrive somewhere where I feel welcome and well taken care of.

There's also a broadband connection available in the room if you have your laptop with you, and good, fast wifi. Both are free to use.

The bed was very large; it's basically made up of 2 single beds zipped together. The mattress was comfortable. There's very good lighting in the room. Lots of discrete spot-lighting, track lighting at floor level, bedside lamps, etc. You can get just the right amount of light you want, and the lamps are all placed in usefully spots. The room was clean, spacious, well appointed. The bathroom was also very clean, with a large mirror. It's a wetroom, with a shower curtain separating the shower area from the rest of the bathroom. There's rainfall-style showers, and also a more conventional showerhead, nice toiletries, and a hairdryer. I think if I missed anything at all, it might have been a small soap dish by the sink. But that's a very small omission!

The room also came with a little galley kitchen, and enough kitchen equipment for some casual cooking. I was pleased to see a wok alongside different sized saucepans! Since I was just across the road from Chinatown, I went to a Chinese supermarket there, and got groceries so I could cook Chinese food for dinner. There's also local branches of Sainsbury's and Tesco's within walking distance, and a small pantry at reception, with some cooking ingredients, and ready meals. So you won't be at a loss for food or meals! And if you're not keen on Chinese food, there are many other types of restaurants within easy walking distance, because you're in central Manchester.

There was a "grab and go", self-serve breakfast in the morning, which was available until half 10. This was in the foyer. It consisted of hot drinks, little cartons of fruit juice, fresh fruit, and a selection of pastries. So it's basically like a little continental breakfast which you can bag up and either take back up to your room to eat, or if you're keen to get out and about, you could have your meal on the go. The chocolate croissants are delicious! And because the food is available until 10:30 am, and regular checkout is at 11 am, what I did on my final morning was to grab breakfast before I checked out of the room, and then eat it on the train home.

I enjoyed my stay, would happily stay at the Roomzzz Aparthotel again, and would also be happy recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: The hotel is near to the Manchester Art Gallery.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive and positive review. Your comments are noted and do play an important role in boosting the morale of the team here, and also ensuring we continue to offer quality service and a quality product.
We trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.