“Just like in Thailand”
Review of Try Thai

Try Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Try Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fantastic bar on the upper ground floor with the beautiful Thai restaurant on the first floor.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Not muche to say appart the fact that it is just very good. every dishes we had reminded me of what I ate in Thailand. It's no cheap eat but reasonable price. good portion. ok service. the room was full but not noisy. I will go back there and I strongly recommend Try Thai

There are newer reviews for Try Thai

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I chose to go there with my husband is because they advertise on tripadvise that the restaurant was halal. But we found pork dish when we sat down and look at the menu?! So how is that halal?! We order the mix starter which had pork in it and I told the waiter that if that part of dish can be exchanged for something else. He agreed but pork was in the starter when it came! We also ordered a broccoli dish for main course but it never came! Taste of the food is not match the price. Overall experience is going to be experience as we or none of our friends will never go back there again

4  Thank Amy T
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have been at least 4 times. The food is lovely, tasty, authentic & thai like! I have been to many where it tastes nothing like thai food. The food selection is large. The happy hour / early bird offer is good value. The drinks are reasonable prices. The place is always busy. You are greeted warmly and promptly. A lot of staff to keep an eye on you so plates are tidied up quick.

2  Thank realreview12
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Called in for dinner whilst in Manchester on business. Greeted very warmly at reception and immediately taken up to the very modern, tasteful restaurant. The menu is simply vast so chose a mix of starters and a curry each. Having eaten Thai food in many different restaurants, I didn't expect any surprises but Try Thai is something different. The flavours were simply astonishing - layer upon layer of complexity made every mouthful a different taste sensation. This is beyond any doubt the best Thai food I have ever eaten. Add on a beer and a Thai iced tea and the whole thing came in at just £34 for two. I'm in Manchester for 7 weeks in the next 3 months and I just know I'll eat at Try Thai many more times.

1  Thank Yorkshirecritic
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Addicted to Thai food esp at Try Thai ever since got introduced to it by a good friend of mine. If you are on a tight budget, go for its 3 course lunch menu at a price of £8.95 or £11.95:- available from 1200-1600hrs. Alternatively, you can opt for its express lunch menu which priced at £5.95.
At times especially in the evening and weekends, it would be the best to call for reserve a table as it tends to get busier during that time. Overall, you will achieve dining satisfaction here with its friendly and warm staff! Two thumbs up!!