“Nice thai food”
Review of Try Thai

Try Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Try Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Description: Fantastic bar on the upper ground floor with the beautiful Thai restaurant on the first floor.
Hertfordshire, UK
“Nice thai food”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I bought a takeaway from Try Thai when I was staying nearby having seen good reviews.

It was very nice and I would go back. It isn't the best Thai food I have ever had but it was good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank CatrionaG21

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and lunch menu provides excellent value”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I wasnt too sure about trying this restaurant when my husband suggested it after a recommendation from one of his work colleagues - only because I am a huge fan of Chaophraya in Manchester and I was hoping to go back there. After reading very good reviews on TripAdvisor I thought why not, lets give it a try. So how did it compare to Chaophraya? First of all the food was every bit as good, if not better, and without doubt the portion size was much better than Chaophraya. There are two or three options for the lunchtime menu, the express 5.95 one, an 8.95 and a 11.95 one. We both opted for the 11.95 menu which seemed to be a much nicer menu and included choices such as king prawns, seafood and duck. Considering the amount of duck and the quality of the king prawn starter this was excellent value. My husband's red thai sauce was one of the nicest we have tasted. We would definitely go back. Why not five stars? Well, the decor and ambience was not a patch on Chaopraya although I suppose in the end the food quality and value is more important. I have to say though my dining experience was a little spoilt by the fierce spotlight strips shining in my eyes. No need for that at lunchtime, especially when the waitress closed the blinds to shut out the lovely and very rare wintry sunshine flooding in. Also, the coffee was watery and instant tasting. On the whole though definitely one to go back to.

1 Thank 123Kath
Hamble, United Kingdom
“Fabulous flavours!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Quite simply awesome food. We ate with a big group, and selected one of the banquet options. There was so much food! So make sure you are properly hungry. Each dish had a distinct flavour: zingy, fresh, hot, sour... It was all there. I would highly recommend. The only downside was that some of our drinks orders took a while to come, but honestly it didn't take away from a great dining experience.

1 Thank Nicesoapdoesmatter
Manchester, UK
“Not bad, but not as good as we'd elected from other reviews”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We dined on a Wednesday evening. We arrived earlier having read on the website that there was a bar serving cocktails. If it weren't raining so hard we would have taken the hint from the empty bar and gone elsewhere. However we ordered drinks which took some time to prepare. The cocktail was very average and mostly froth.

When we went upstairs to the restaurant there was more atmosphere and the tables were mostly full. We ordered a la carte and everything was fine and generally authentic vegetables were used. Also the service was ok but nothing special. The beef curry was undermined by the poor quality meat and the crispy fish was a rather small portion when you got under all the salad.

We have eaten a lot of Thai food in the UK and many trips to Thailand and this meal was ok but not somewhere we would necessarily return to.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank NJEDB10
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Honestly one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant! My boyfriend and I ate here on Valentine's night, and from start to finish it was an amazing time. We were greeted by the friendly staff who quickly guided us to our table and explained the menu options, and were even recommended which were the best cocktails!
The food was brought quickly once we ordered and was so full of flavour, the chicken Thai green curry was out of this world! The atmosphere throughout was lovely, with good background music and beautifully decorated surroundings. Our waitress even brought an individual rose with the bill, such a nice touch to a perfect meal out. 100% recommended.