“first time for Thai”
Review of Try Thai

Try Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Try Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Fantastic bar on the upper ground floor with the beautiful Thai restaurant on the first floor.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

first time i have had Thai, the food was fantastic, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, hubby and i had a banquet meal for two, loads of food and variety, a just for people who have not had thai before, 4 starters, 4 main, rice and tea or coffee, will go again, we had a lovely evening, thank yo u

1  Thank TraceyDav
Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The food here is so tasty and the lunch menu at £8.95 is brilliant value. Staff are really friendly and the service was great.

1  Thank claireob_1981
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend decided to come back to try Thai after the excellent meal we had last time. The only downside was waiting 20 minutes for our drinks. Then they only brought one of the drinks we had ordered. When I asked a waiter he was a little snappy and told me they were busy. Meanwhile the table next to us got their drinks. I finally got my drink after the food arrived which was quite annoying.
The food was amazing and delicious. Was very happy with it. Would have been 5/5 but knocked a point off due to the drinks delay.

1  Thank lady_lolo86
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been a regular fan of Try Thai for many years and always go there when I am in Manchester. On this occasion the service was poor and we had to catch a waiters attention several times as we were just being ignored.
I don't understand why you have to 'check in' downstairs. This presents a bit of a barrier and does not add to a seamless experience. Plus I have noticed they have opened up the downstairs as another restaurant floor so maybe the bad service is due to that. I have noticed a few negative complaints begin to trickle in regarding this establishment now. My starter was delicious but came 5 minutes after everyone else's but my main, which was massaman curry was lacking and was not as good as last time. I am so disappointed as there are not many restaurants I like in Manchester and now I have to find another 'favourite'.

1  Thank Evelyn1234
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Went for a late night meal after the Thriller Show at the Opera House.

Lovely tasty food and good service. Just don't sit at the table for 2 next to the bar as every time someone walks past the table moves! (We relocated to another table)

Would definitely go back.