“What a find”
Review of Try Thai

Try Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Try Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,298 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Fantastic bar on the upper ground floor with the beautiful Thai restaurant on the first floor.
northwich
“What a find”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were looking for clean value in China Town Manchester and stumbled across TRY THAI.
Brill food. Brill service. Clean as a whistle. I always check out the toilets first. If they don't keep clean where we can see, how is it where we can't? Good tip.
Very economical lunch price. it was Sunday. 3 adults 1 child and 1 jasmine tea. £36

WHAT A FIND!!!!!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Get yourselves here”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

You can't really rate this place as it is just shear brilliance. I am a regular here with my friends. The food is amazing and the staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. Thai food at its best. I even sometimes pop in for a take out meal for 1 when I can't be bothered cooking and you get discount on take out too. Don't change what your doing guys. See you soon x

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Thai dishes with great service”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been hearing friends talking about this resto for a long time and finally decided to give it a go when I am in Manchester. Gotta say it lives up to its reputation! Authentic Thai food with great service at a reasonable price!
I especially like the pork neck salad and lemongrass steamed sea bass! My all-time fav dish from Thailand!
This place is very popular so booking in advance might be a good idea!
Don’t miss it if you are in Manchester AND if you are a Thai food fan :)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Soleil_Gal
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a review that I have been meaning to write for about 5 or 6 years, and have never got round to doing so.

We have been coming here since the restaurant first opened and the eating area was downstairs where the bar is now.
For me, I think this restaurant serves the best Thai food thai have tasted, outside of Thailand.
We have been in the evening, and many, many times for lunch (the afternoon menu is just the BEST value for money). I have brought family, friends, work colleagues and even toddlers here. We've had Xmas do's, birthdays, anniversaries - and every time the food has been fantastic, whether catering for 2 people or 24.

Between us, we have pretty much been right through the menu. My favourite starter is either the spicy salad or the crispy coriander beef and favourite main is the beef with chilli and sweet basil. My partner loves the yellow curry with belly pork.

Service is great, always greeted with a smile. If they are busy sometimes it can take a while for the order to be taken, but just ask a waiter as they are passing and tell them you are ready!

Highly recommended if you like thai food, give it a try! And I'll probably be in there somewhere!

3 Thank Francesca S
Stockport, United Kingdom
“great food and service”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was surprised to see the restaurant busy on Tuesday evening - we had to wait to be seated, so that must say something positive about Try Thai. Had starters and mains here - the tofu skewers in satay starter was great - loved the sauce and had to ask for more! Other food was great too - red curry had a rounded flavour. Had flowering teas - costing about £2-£2.50 each - much less than I pay for them normally, and beautiful to watch them open. Service was great - very quick and attentive! Lovely atmosphere. Meal for two with 2 teas to drink came up to £41, but I think we may ordered too much food!