“Great Thai Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Try Thai

Try Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Try Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Fantastic bar on the upper ground floor with the beautiful Thai restaurant on the first floor.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great Thai Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have just eaten at Try Thai on a Saturday evening and had a lovely experience.

A great atmosphere, really authentic food and very prompt but not rushed service. Very good value for money. We've eaten in quite a few different Thai restaurants over the years and this was one of the best. Will definitely be back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“The service is terrible and the food I will rather go to Mac Donalds”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food is expensive and it is nothing special, I have been to so many places and restaurants in the world and I can tell you the food in this place it is nothing out of the ordinary..... I had to go and get my self a hamburger and chips after spending 20 pounds in this place.... I was starving.... I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone... the curry there were 4 different types in my table and none of them was any good.

TRY_THAI_52-54, Manager at Try Thai, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi, we were sorry to read your comments about our restaurant and we take the views of our customers very seriously. I am shocked and disappointed that you have made such rude comments public like ‘food is expensive’ and ‘food is nothing out of the ordinary’. Try Thai has been praised numerous times for offering value for money on delicious food. We serve authentic Thai food, cooked with a range of lean meats, fresh seafood and vegetables, which is definitely not ordinary. If you truly do prefer unhealthy bland fast food to an authentic Thai cuisine, then please do not visit us again.
Kind Regards,
Manager at Try Thai Restaurant and Bar
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic birthday :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

well, what can I say, other than to get yourself there now :)

absolutely lovely food, I definitely recommend the mixed seafood coconut soup starter, and the mango sea bass, we also had duck with broccoli and seet and sour port, both from the stir fry menu, both lovely, very well made with lovely freash ingredients. The restaurant itself is very nice, not posh, but fancy enough for a birthday and relaxed enough that you could go in jeans. Service was very good. Thoroughly recommend.

1 Thank Louise E
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Met up here with work mate- decided to go here based on TA reviews...which looked quite good. We opted for the set meal for two, as we were on a company budget.
The highlight of the meal was the yellow chicken curry- everything else was just average. Overall there's nothing to jump up/down about.

Summary: Average food with average prices.

Dear Patron,
I am disappointed to read that you found your dining experience only average. I would love for you to visit again and try our other great tasting Thai curries. Try Thai strives to provide great food and service. If you have any further queries or suggestions on how we can improve then please email us at info@try-thai.co.uk.
Thanks,
Manager at Try Thai
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
“TRY-mendous Thai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had heard a few good reports about Try Thai, but having been frequent visitors to that other popular Manchester Thai, it took a bit of persuading to get us to actually, Try Thai! Last evening we did, and boy are we glad! We walked into a bustling, almost full restaurant and hearts sank as we didn't think we would get a table. We asked the young waiter and he found a table immediately.

Once seated menus were delivered promptly along with the wine list. We had several minutes to peruse the wine and select ours before ordering the wine and it being quickly delivered whereupon we ordered our food.

We ordered the Try Thai Platter for 1 and the Hot & Sour Prawn Soup to start. delicious was the verdict of both of us. My boyfriend enjoyed the selection on his platter which came accompanied by a couple of dips which were also declared lovely. I really enjoyed the Hot & Sour soup which was chock full of mushrooms, lemongrass and of course King Prawns which were just divine.

We are both fans of Thai curries so unsurprisingly we both opted for curry, BF for a Red Chicken, myself for the King Prawn Green. I could go on about how lovely this dish was, how the heat was balanced beautifully with the coconut cream drizzled lightly over the aubergine cubes, but I won't bore anyone by how much we both loved our food, it was delicious.

We had no room for a third course, so can't comment on the deserts, but if the earlier two courses are a benchmark, there shouldn't be anything much to worry about!

Price wise Try Thai is very reasonable indeed, the staff all seem very attentive, friendly & knowledgeable, and the restaurant is welcoming and clean.

To anyone dithering over whether to give Try Thai a go or not we would say to go for it, you definitely won't be disappointed by Try Thai.

2 Thank OllieBlue
Dear Patron,

Thank you for this great positive review. Customers like you with your praising comments give me and my staff encouragement that we are doing our best for the diners. It is very detailed and well informed for other potential customers to decide whether to visit Try Thai or the other popular Manchester Thai!
Thank you very much and hope to see you soon,
Manager at Try Thai Restaurant and Bar