“Can't stand this place”
Review of Walrus

Walrus
Reserve with OpenTable
Walrus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,129 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Bar (not restaurant) review.

Out with friends on Saturday night just gone and they want to go to Walrus despite my protestations. Never liked this place. It's bland, it plays retro 90's music that has become so overplayed that it can no longer be enjoyed even even in a kitsch way anymore.

And the volume, jeeeez...it iss so loud it renders conversation impossible. You know when music is so loud that the speakers can't handle the volume and the vocals start to sound like The Chipmunks and the music becomes fuzzy? That's what Walrus is all about. Horrible place!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nice tasty cocktails, bar staff were friendly, dj was brill, music was top!! I will defo be revisiting!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Following on from recent reviews the refurb has paid off - we called in for lunch one Saturday and had great sharing plates. Really tasty meats (field) and fish plate (sea).

Great surprise and good value.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have been shocked by the bad reviews of this place and it does seem really up and down but when I went a few weeks ago I had some really lovely food and cocktails.

Recent reviews have signalled that the staff are a bit rude, I wouldn't say they were rude but... lets say very 'to the point', myself and by boyfriend had a good laugh with the barman one Thursday night but like I said he was very to the point.

The cocktails are lovely and especially when they are 2 for 1 and we had this great 'veggie board' that was full of things like halloumi, thai spiced cakes, risotto balls and loads more. The guy who was serving forgot our chips and after about ten minutes we asked if they were coming, he was so lovely that he even brought us an extra jar of olives to apologise - thought that was nice.

Only down thing for me was that the music was a bit loud but it does come across as more of party bar - especially in the evening.

I would recommend it if you fancy some snacks and a nice cocktail.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

2nd time coming to the NEW refurb Walrus ....... new owners ....... Came a few weeks ago on a Friday evening , had scrummy posh fish and chips ( new addition to menu and we were the first to try ) not disappointed..... yummy !!! House wine not great but loved the other slightly more expensive ones ...... Music was great DJ with vinyl old Motown and anything we asked for ........today ( 3rd June 2013 ) warm weather "lets go out " impromptu afternoon ........ Had a sharing plate "sky " beautifully presented and once again yummy ........... Just waiting for our cocktails now ....... Do not be put off by other reviews this place is really nice , I am a very fussy person and will complain at the source if unhappy with anything ....... Would def recommend to you all ...... And the pics on here are not the walrus as it is now