“Good food and service!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate early so the service was good, I'm not sure what it would be like later on as the restaurant gets busier!

The food was really great, it’s nice to have different dishes on offer, and plenty to choose from, instead of just the 'regular curries'.

The restaurant itself is modern, with an open kitchen, it’s a nice place to be!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is so good I went back twice in one week. For a city centre Indian restaurant this has everything you can possibly want on a menu that's halal.

On my first visit I had a chicken wrap with chips, the chicken was marinated in a lovely sauce, and it really was delicious.

On the second visit I had a Zouk special karahi which came with lamb, chicken, mushrooms and potatoes. The combination was really nice, the sauce was tasty, and I had the best of both worlds lamb and chicken in one very nice tasty curry.

The place is busy, but it's still got a nice atmosphere, you're not waiting for too long and staff are apologetic is it takes longer than expected.

My friend has a chicken steak and that looked really nice. The portion sizes are good and you certainly won't be leaving hungry.

If you're a shisha fan they also have a shisha bar outside and again looked pretty chilled out to me.

Overall was a pretty good experience and am looking forward to going back.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've previously given Zouk a 5 star award for great service and lovely food. Unfortunately my most recent visit totally changed my view of Zouk and I will not be returning.
We had booked a table for 8 and after arriving were told to get a drink at the bar while our table was prepared. This was a little difficult as there were no seats available due the number of other people waiting for tables (30-40 people) so we were forced to stand awkwardly near the door between groups of other people. After waiting 20 minutes I asked the manager of front of house how much longer we would have to wait at which point we were told "2-3" minutes and 5 minutes later we were finally seated, 30 minutes after arriving. It was utterly shambolic and there was clearly no system for bringing waiting customers with reservations to their tables. I have no idea how long we would have to have waited if we hadn't said anything. My mood was not improved by the fact that the tables were positioned extremely close together, only around 1',6'' between our table and the next, which meant that every time a customer from the next table along stood up from the table we were treated to an impressive close up of their rear-end. The restaurant was also extremely noisy due to the massive number of covers they had crammed in and the loud house music which wasn't exactly ideal for a relaxed dining experience.
It was while we were waiting to be seated, however, we experienced the real low point of the visit when we saw a waiter taking drinks from the bar to a table spill a beer and then froth it up with a straw rather than top it. The same waiter then attempted to stop a bottle of beer from spraying with his finger which he then licked clean before proceeding to top up the bottle from a half drunk glass of different beer someone had left on the bar. I found this disgusting and utterly unprofessional.

Our order was taken in reasonable time and the starters, mustard prawns and tandoori haddock, arrived around 20 minutes later. The prawns were lovely but the haddock was extremely dry and very poorly cooked. For mains were ordered the chicken xacuti, one of the specials, and lamb handi. The lamb was nice if not spectacular but the chicken was again very dry and badly cooked. This was particularly disappointing as the dish was from that month's specials board.

A final irritating detail was that the service charge was included in the bill which I asked to be removed.

All in all it was not an enjoyable experience made significantly worse by the fact we had enjoyed our previous visit so much. Profit was clearly being optimised waaay ahead of customer experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

An Indian based company took me out to this reaurant so I was expecting great things. The quality of the food was really good, especially the Goan specials. But not exactly Atul Kolchar. Nice atmosphere but slow service. Still, overall not bad.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with a group of 17 for a meal on a Sunday afternoon. We were given a fixed menu that was enough to feed another 5 people if needed. We went with our 8 year old daughters that don't really like spicy food. The manager was very accomidating and made them chicken burgers which were delicious. Very friendly service, great value and most importantly the food was great. My only negative would be the very repetitive music that seemed to have the same beat for the few hours we were there.