“Great place for a cocktail or two.”
Review of Cloud 23 Bar

Cloud 23 Bar
Ranked #4 of 215 Nightlife in Manchester
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were staying at the Hilton Hotel (same building) and had pre booked our table for 11.30pm. It was nice to skip the long queue for the lift and be shown promptly to our table on floor 23. The views of course are what this place is all about - better at night in my opinion. The service was very polite, pleasant and efficient and they remembered to bring my wife a small bowl of fruit on a bed of ice to help with her birthday celebrations - nice touch. The cocktails weren't much more than the average price. Well worth a vist but book first if you can.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Myself and a friend visited Manchester for a few days before Christmas, we had booked Christmas Afternoon Tea at Cloud 23 and where really looking forward to it. We emerged from the lift full of the joys, but it was short lived. A gentleman abruptly stopped in his tracks and just looked at us as if we where lost, he didn't say hello, can I help you, nothing so we explained we had a reservation and where shown to a table, he didn't speak only to say "ah" when he found the name on the list. Magnificent view it has to be said, but the service was beyond appalling. The staff look the part, but on my visit they certainly weren't playing it, it all appeared very disorganised, other customers where getting up and looking for menu's and service themselves. There was a mix up with our bill to top it off, it was sorted but no one seemed to know what was going on. The Afternoon Tea itself was average and it's quite expensive, but I wouldn't mind that if it was a good experience, sadly due to bad service and lack of personality shown on my visit it wasn't a good experience, neither of us would go back.

5  Thank Odette D
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We love Cloud 23 - the views of the city are fabulous be it day or night.

Four of us visited on New Year's eve afternoon. No queue which was good and the bar was moderately busy.

We ordered three glasses of champagne (excellent) and my brother in law asked for a bespoke cocktail (vodka, melon, twist of cucumber and ice in a cocktail glass). What arrived was a vodka with ice in a tall glass - not very impressive or imaginative for a bar of this class. As with previous posts, we similarly did not receive water on this occasion which has always been the case in the past.

We ordered food, unfortunately, this was slow in arriving, we had to ask for cutlery and also source our own napkins. All in all not very impressive.

I have no qualms about paying the prices in Cloud 23 however, I do expect these to come with a certain level of service. I don't want to be the waiter/waitresses best friend but do expect some personality/engagement and this has not been the case on our last couple of visits. We are not doing the bar a favour on visiting, so come on show a little punch, lighten up and smile and make me feel valued.

Will we go to Cloud 23 again? Yes, for the views and the lovely champagne but the service really needs to up it's game to complete the experience.

3  Thank R55DRG
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited here yesterday, 29th Dec, for a few drinks. Didn't book so had to wait for a table, only 10 mins wait. Brilliant views over the city and a good range of quirky cocktails. Quite pricey though. Would go back!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Arriving in the bar on a clear sunny day is breathtaking, the views across Manchester as you exit the lift are stunning, so we had high expectations. Sadly, the food didnt live up to the expectations, it was distinctly average, we had the indian sharing platter - it tasted like it had just been nuked in the microwave

The drink selection however was wonderful, as was the service.

This place is worth a visit as its beautiful, but for good dining, there are much better places in Manchester to visit.