“Very good for the price.”

Steak & Lobster Manchester
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak & Lobster Manchester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #427 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Steak & Lobster, we aspire to be the very best in what we do; delivering the finest steak and freshest lobster to your plate. We believe simplicity is key and let the food speak for itself. With lobster caught from the Canadian seas and steak from County Antrim in Northern Ireland, we understand the importance of provenance and quality. Down-to-earth, rustic and humble, we bring you a range of complementary bites, salads and desserts, in addition to our popular signature dishes.
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a pleasant meal at Alto a couple of months back. Unbelievable value for a full lobster and unlimited fries and salad! Fries were perfect and salad was really yummy, I would love to know what you dress it with! Lobster was a bit on the dry side, but other than that the meal was perfect. Will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
Frazer C, Manager at Steak & Lobster Manchester, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thankyou for your comment regarding our value for money, we do aim to provide great value as one of our core brand elements, Hopefully your next Lobster will not be on the dry side , sorry about that. Glad you enjoy our salad. Hope to see you dine with us again soon . Frazer

St Ives, United Kingdom
“Thank you!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Thank you sooo much for a great night , a big thankyou to the manager of the steak an lobster who took time to chat to all of us on my husband 50th birthday,The food! all the food was one of the best iv ever tasted, an lets rem this is only 15.00 for all the trimmings aswell as the steak or lobster, every time we needed more salad or fries they came from the staff very quickly an may i add all the staff who served us were so very nice an friendly,Once again thank you so much, an the only bad thing for us is that we will only be able to come again wen we visit family up north again so sad you are 6 hours away!!! Thank you all x

• Visited July 2013
Good to see that you enjoyed your birthday with us , thankyou for all your comments I will pass these onto the team . We shall look forward to welcoming you back when you next make your 6h trip back up . Frazer
manchester
“too much hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Came here for my graduation meal as ive heard alot of hype about this steak and lobster restaurant, so i thought I'd give it a try. Upon arrival we were greeted by the manager, he notified us about the unlimited salad / fries.

Lobster was very bland and seemed like it was taken from the freezer rather than it being fresh. The steak was cooked to perfection, very bland again, however this was my fault as I didnt want to pay the extra £2.50 for the sauce. I found a blue plastic object on my plate, only after id eaten half the steak, came to notify the waiter and he didn't seem bothered the slightest - "maybe its just the salad" ... I think he needs more training in customer service. We kept having to ask for the unlimited fries and salad, rather than them asking.

I wouldn't recommend this place, not worth the money - sorry.

• Visited July 2013
Frazer C, Manager at Steak & Lobster Manchester, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Sorry to read that you thought the food you had was Bland, we do place a garlic butter onto all dishes that we serve , and like you did point out we do offer aditional sauces for the steak. Please let me assure you that our lobsters are not frozen and are always fresh . It is dissapointing to read that you didn't feel it was value for money at £15 per whole lobster or 10oz steak dish with the unlimited fries and salad is one of our core values to the Steak and Lobster brand, where we aim to provide outstanding value for a meal of its kind compared to other city centre venues. Frazer
manchester
“Smashed it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Attended ALTO on Friday 19th July 2013 with my wife for a nice quiet bite to eat. Had heard nothing but good reviews about this restaurant but I am hard to please so kept an open mind.

We have stayed at the hotel before so knew what to expect. We remembered it to be modern, classy, sophisticated and cool. We were not disappointed. Never being in the hotels restaurant we didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised, it felt nothing like a hotel restaurant. It was more like a restaurant filled with class, relaxing ambience, and modern surroundings.

The menu is basic, simple and straight to the point. Do not go to this restaurant wanting a big choice. Your in the wrong place. Iv always thought a good restaurant does a few things really well. It can not do lots of choice and expect them all to be amazing.

We were attended to by a number of different staff, all we're very helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Both myself and wife ordered Lobster. There is a choice of either grilled or steamed. We chose grilled. It arrived within around 10 minutes and was impressive. A whole lobster cooked to perfection and a bowl of fries and salad on the side.

Within a matter of 5 minutes we were brought another salad and fries each and at the conclusion were left more that satisfied. Eating lobster can be messy.....not an issue, waitress brought wet towels to freshen up.....nice touch!

We both ordered deserts, I chose cheesecake and my wife knicker bocker glory......they were huge. Both delicious and presented with care.

Overall I was extremely impressed. I can't think of any faults with this experience. It was everything I wanted and left thinking when can we go back?

My only regret is we didn't share a desert they are that generous one really is enough between two.

I will deffinately be returning. 5 stars!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dave_lucy
Thank you for this fantastic review. Glad you enjoyed your visit to us and I look forward to seeing you again soon . Frazer
Manchester
“Outstanding value, service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have now eaten at Alto on three occasions each time as good as the last! The welcome is superb and no one bothers you while you choose from the very limited menu. It is limited because they only serve steak or lobster - simples! I've only ever had the steak as I don't 'get' lobster I'm afraid, but those I have been with, have done, and thoroughly enjoyed it! My steaks have always been properly cooked to order and were delicious! It comes with a small side salad and fries too. I tackled a Knickerbocker Glory on one visit, and while it wasn't quite how I remembered it from my childhood, it was close, and somewhat overwhelming - in a good way! Service was attentive without being obvious, so three meals and three good experiences. The only thing that puzzles me is why it's always empty when I visit - at £15 a head, it's excellent value!

• Visited February 2013