“Great steak & Lobster for a great price”

Steak & Lobster Manchester
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak & Lobster Manchester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #427 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Steak & Lobster, we aspire to be the very best in what we do; delivering the finest steak and freshest lobster to your plate. We believe simplicity is key and let the food speak for itself. With lobster caught from the Canadian seas and steak from County Antrim in Northern Ireland, we understand the importance of provenance and quality. Down-to-earth, rustic and humble, we bring you a range of complementary bites, salads and desserts, in addition to our popular signature dishes.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Came here as a party if 6! We all highly enjoyed our food, it was very busy and food came out quick all cooked the way we asked. The lobster tasted real good and juicy!

Only small grumble was it took a while to get the bill apart from that really good time here and would def come back! Also the unlimited fries and salad was a real winner!

RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak & Lobster Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

It is fantastic to hear that you are coming back to us, thank you for this great review. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team. I am glad to hear that even when it was busy the food was prompt and tasty. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Steak & Lobster Manchester

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We dined at Steak&Lobster @ Alto which is located just off the Lobby of the Radisson Blu hotel in Manchester.

As the name sugests, the menu consists of just two primary entrees - ribeye steak or Lobster (although there is a vegetarian option too). Your entree comes with golden fries (chips) and a salad. The price is only £15. The menu has a few apprtizers and a number of wines by the glass as well. Plus there are a number of optional sauces you can add to you steak for a slight up charge. I had wine and stilton sauce. The lobster can either be steamed or grilled. They even will bring you seconds on the chips and salad if you want for free.

Despite a limited menu, the food was quite good and the sevice warm and efficient. I would definitely recommend if you want simple, good food.

Thank you for your kind words about the concept. I am glad that you like the stripped back menu, we aim to do a smaller menu of the very best quality at a reasonable price. I am glad to hear that you would recommend. I do hope that you get chance to come back to Steak & Lobster @ ALTO.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great concept, the food was very tasty but not warm enough. It was lunch time mid week and not busy so no excuse for the food to be cool. Because it was quiet the staff were not around, so it was hard to get somebody's attention. We both had steak and it was cooked well, the salad was dressed and we enjoyed it. The first chips were not hot and slightly soggy but the second bowl arrived and they were spot on. There is something lacking in the execution of this very good idea. Obviously the lack of atmosphere because it was so quiet didn't help. We will possible give it another try, but on the whole the experience fell short and therefore we left disappointed. Such a shame, the staff need to be on the ball even if it is quiet, every customer deserves their attention.

4  Thank Jaci W
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak & Lobster Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am glad that you like the idea. The atmosphere and the execution comments have taken on board and I will address them with the team and I hope that if you were to give it another try then you would see what so many others are enjoying. Please feel free to contact me directly to make a reservation at the hotel, Thank you once again, Ryan Thompson.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ate here during a stay at the Radisson. The staff were very attentive and the atmosphere was very welcoming. My partner had the lobster which he said was really good and I had the rib-eye steak. It was cooked to perfection but the way it was chargrilled on the outside was absolutely mouthwatering! Would definitely recommend.

That is great to hear, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, thank you for the review, we would love to see you back at the hotel and Steak & Lobster @ ALTO.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was OK! We both had lobster which comes with unlimited fries and salad. I enjoyed say two-thirds of the lobster but I could not eat the claws as they tasted over cooked. The salad was really nice, well dressed and tasty. Equally the fries were also very nice. I had two refills of salad and a refill of the fries which was the only way I didn't go away hungry.

Even though this is a great deal, it is still quite expensive if you end up doing up on fries and salad!!

Service was fantastic, cannot fault that. Wine was good but was served a little on the warm side.

I am please to hear you thought the service was fantastic, many thanks, Ryan.