“Great place, the £15 does exactly what is says on the tin - very quiet for a Thursday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steak and Lobster at Alto

Steak and Lobster at Alto
Free Trade Hall, Peter Street | Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, Manchester M2 5GP, England
+44 161 835 8903
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak and Lobster at Alto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 1,917 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offering an exciting dining concept, Steak & Lobster Manchester has forgone a menu brimming with choice to offer just 2 dishes: a 10oz rib eye steak or a whole lobster. Enjoy views through the floor-to-ceiling windows and soak up the informal, understated atmosphere whilst appreciating the simplicity and speed of this fresh and original concept.
North West England UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Great offer and sampled both dishes - for £15 with free dessert when booked via their website you cannot go wrong. Ask for more fries if your hungry, they were great!

1 Thank aash23
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Surf and Turf… glad you enjoyed Steak & Lobster @ ALTO, come back and see us soon!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding. A must!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation online and received confirmation of my booking almost immediately. I reserved a table for two, for my boyfriends birthday. He's always wanted to try lobster. I was sceptical of how cheap the meals were when I reserved the table. It was a set menu of steak or lobster and a free dessert, for £15. As a student, I was worried there was some sort of catch. We arrived, and had a brief wait. We were seated, and the atmosphere was lovely. The lights were not too bright, but I could still see him. The waitress seemed concerned that I wanted a really rare steak, but the chef cooked it to perfection and the dressing on the salad was out of this world. My boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his lobster, and had a really good time. They brought out some surprise cupcakes I took in earlier and the chef wrote Happy Birthday on the plate they served them on. We were really looked after and I would love to thank the staff for their effort. I would highly recommend ALTO to anyone thinking of going, and especially to anyone wanting to try lobster in the Manchester area or visiting.

2 Thank rbrigg
It is great to hear that you enjoyed you Steak & Lobster experience @ ALTO for a special occasion, there is no catch, it is a simply concept and it continues to grow and we do not have any plans to change it therefore we look forward to welcoming you back, It is great that more and more people are being more adventurous and are going for the Lobster, I love it grilled #SandLalto
“perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

on arrival we where greeted by a lovely waitress who said are table was ready even though we where early but she said no problem if you would like a drink first.I Thought the drinks would have been expensive wrong just a bit more than pub prices.
We sat down to order are food the wife had the lobster and i had a steak both well presented and cooked to perfection medium rare i ask for extra chips no problem.
all in all great service excellent food will definitely go back with friends
thanks to all staff .
Hazi

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Keith H
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked a table for two online during the day time for which I even received a conformation email stating my booking was complete. When I reached the restaurant they didn't have me on the list which was a bit strange but they still got me a table for two straight away so no harm done. The restaurant is very posh looking and was packed out. The staff is friendly and helpful. We ordered two lobsters (one steamed and one grilled) the grilled one tasted slightly better. The lobsters come with a side order of chips and salad. The chips and salad are unlimited so make sure you ask for more if you want some (this however isn't mentioned anywhere on the menu but it is unlimited). We had coke to drink which wasn't too pricey. We didn't get any dessert included but I have read a few places that this was only a Christmas offer so no harm done. Well worth the visit. It's interesting using several different utensils to open up the lobster (which comes cut in half to make it easier for us novices).

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank EffJayHaych
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Steak & Lobster @ ALTO, next time you visit then I would recommend trying a dessert, come and see us again soon!
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I took my boyfriend here for his 30th birthday as he has always wanted to try lobster and we were not let down. It was just delicious, although I had the steak, and I have not stopped telling people about this restaurant since we visited. You simply order Lobster steamed or grilled or a 10 oz rib eye steak and have unlimited tasty and crispy fries, and a really delicious salad. I couldn't believe how big my piece of steak was, and didn't even feel cheated sharing quite a bit of it with my partner. The drinks I felt weren't really overpriced, you're in a 5 star restaurant afterall, and the dessert choices, although slightly limited were fab, we had the choc fudge cake, and the banoffee pie, were only 4.95 - very very reasonable indeed. The staff were very friendly and attentive and all in all it was a great dining experience, for a fab price. We will definitely return and tell all our friends to try it also. The only disappointing thing is that it was too dark in there to take a pic (no flash on the cameras!) but the fact that we wanted to take a pic in the first place speaks volumes!!! Also I booked the table online some weeks before and this went very smoothly also.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am delighted to read your comments, thank you very much!
We do look forward to welcoming you and your friends back; you should go for the Lobster grilled and The Knickerbockerglory for dessert... My favourite!