“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steak and Lobster at Alto

Steak and Lobster at Alto
Free Trade Hall, Peter Street | Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, Manchester M2 5GP, England
+44 161 835 8903
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak and Lobster at Alto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 2,025 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offering an exciting dining concept, Steak & Lobster Manchester has forgone a menu brimming with choice to offer just 2 dishes: a 10oz rib eye steak or a whole lobster. Enjoy views through the floor-to-ceiling windows and soak up the informal, understated atmosphere whilst appreciating the simplicity and speed of this fresh and original concept.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked a table for two online during the day time for which I even received a conformation email stating my booking was complete. When I reached the restaurant they didn't have me on the list which was a bit strange but they still got me a table for two straight away so no harm done. The restaurant is very posh looking and was packed out. The staff is friendly and helpful. We ordered two lobsters (one steamed and one grilled) the grilled one tasted slightly better. The lobsters come with a side order of chips and salad. The chips and salad are unlimited so make sure you ask for more if you want some (this however isn't mentioned anywhere on the menu but it is unlimited). We had coke to drink which wasn't too pricey. We didn't get any dessert included but I have read a few places that this was only a Christmas offer so no harm done. Well worth the visit. It's interesting using several different utensils to open up the lobster (which comes cut in half to make it easier for us novices).

1 Thank EffJayHaych
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Steak & Lobster @ ALTO, next time you visit then I would recommend trying a dessert, come and see us again soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I took my boyfriend here for his 30th birthday as he has always wanted to try lobster and we were not let down. It was just delicious, although I had the steak, and I have not stopped telling people about this restaurant since we visited. You simply order Lobster steamed or grilled or a 10 oz rib eye steak and have unlimited tasty and crispy fries, and a really delicious salad. I couldn't believe how big my piece of steak was, and didn't even feel cheated sharing quite a bit of it with my partner. The drinks I felt weren't really overpriced, you're in a 5 star restaurant afterall, and the dessert choices, although slightly limited were fab, we had the choc fudge cake, and the banoffee pie, were only 4.95 - very very reasonable indeed. The staff were very friendly and attentive and all in all it was a great dining experience, for a fab price. We will definitely return and tell all our friends to try it also. The only disappointing thing is that it was too dark in there to take a pic (no flash on the cameras!) but the fact that we wanted to take a pic in the first place speaks volumes!!! Also I booked the table online some weeks before and this went very smoothly also.

• 5 of 5 stars
I am delighted to read your comments, thank you very much!
We do look forward to welcoming you and your friends back; you should go for the Lobster grilled and The Knickerbockerglory for dessert... My favourite!
“Top quality/fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We tried both,lobster and steak.tasty and very delicious.staff members working extremely hard to ensure customers having a pleasant experience,jessica. We were met and greeted by a very friendly and kind gentleman at the entrance,Rob. We had a great night and we ll definitely be back. Thank you, Steven and Lucy

• 5 of 5 stars
RyanThompsonRBEH, Manager at Steak and Lobster at Alto, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for this great review, We look forward to welcoming you back and I will make sure that your very kind comments are passed on to the team, Ryan Thompson.
Yorkshire
“Good but Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great space and nice to be able to eat in the hotel informally however the offering is very rigid.
Staff are great and the uniforms and approach is really quirky.
Just need a bit more choice e.g steak types

Visited October 2012
Manchester
“We had the restaurant to ourselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

So you would expect no mistakes and there wasn't any !
My wife and I had lunch here yesterday...There is no menu the choice is simple ,,Lobster steamed or grilled or a 10 oz rib eye steak ( 15 quid each ). Both come with fries and green salad and garlic and chive butter . The Rose Pinot Grigio I can highly recommend absolutely gorgeous. My wife ate every bit of her lobster and my steak done medium rare just melted in the mouth. Our waitress brought us extra fries out and there are some lovely resealable glass jars on the table with sauces and mayo in them ( ingenious touch ).They have a small dessert menu and I managed a knickerbocker glory !...very nice but I could not quite finish it off !

We'll be back !