“Excellent will definately use again”

The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
staffordshire
“Excellent will definately use again”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Stayed here Saturday night for a shopping trip and night out. Would recommend!!!! Staff extremely helpful and apartments were brilliant we got upgraded on arrival, in perfect location for shops bars and resturants! will definately be using again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Myself and 3 friends recently stayed in these apartments over a bank holiday. As soon as we arrived we were upgraded from a one bedroom apartment to a two. The staff were extremely helpful from the moment we arrived to allowing us to store our bags for the day at the end.

The apartment itself was extremely clean and had all the conveniences that we needed (hair dryer, ironing board and coffees etc) for four girls there for the nightlife. There was no room service or other amenities I would usually expect from a hotel but for a weekend break with friends these were not needed!

We had a fantastic experience at City Warehouse Apartments and I would not only recommend it but will be staying there again if I go back to Manchester for a night out!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank clairela
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was very impressed by this hotel.

It's an apartment hotel so service is non-existent, but the amount of appliances and self-service we were provide really covered for that. We had a 4 night stay with my parents and my younger sister, and these four nights were very pleasant for the amount of time we were indoors in the hotel vs. sightseeing.

For me, the location wasn't the best. The hotel could easily be mistaken for the Travelodge next door if it wasn't for the small sign appearing in the reflection of the adjacent glass building. But once you know where it is, it's very easy to find on a city centre map and we got to know the surrondings. It was located on the edge a certain area which wasn't that pleasant at all, a backwater little group of streets that weren't that easy on the eye, but it was very close to Picadilly Gardens, and from there you can traverse the city with the nearby trams or through the huge shopping centre. The proximity of the shopping centre was definitely a convenience.

The hotel itself was spotless. Very clean, very modern and beautiful. There was an articulated bedroom, a bathroom that I had no complaints about and a living room/kitchen which had everything you would need: a nice LCD TV and appliances galore. The furniture was great as well, and the sofa beds were fantastic.

I had a couple of problems though. It's right by some building works and you're bound to hear them anywhere, and they are bound to cause a stir when watching TV - especially when our speakers weren't top-notch either. Furthermore, none of doors apart from the bathroom door actually closed properly. We couldn't close the window-door to shut out the drill from the building, and the bedroom door wouldn't close either.

The last problem would be the TV, and that the remote obviously wasn't built for that certain television, as we couldn't check the time or the built-in TV guide. It came with a DVD player and a stereo which was great, and coming back from a long sightseeing session was very comforting.

Even though the service was non-existent, it made up for itself which the quality of the rooms. Although it lacked the polish you would expect from a bigger hotel - it's perfect if you're going to be out all day but at night just relaxing in.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
loughborough
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Only had an over night stay - but will definately return. 2 bedroom apartment was spotless and had everything you need. My teenage daughter loved the modern fittings and the beds were comfortable and quiet although just off busy area. Arrived about 9pm [found it difficult to find as just a small sign outside the front door.and reception closed but there was a contact number left and it was quick and straight forward to get keys. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Just returned home after my stay here and all I can say is wow! I was very impressed. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 days and we were not disappointed. First off I must start with the location. Great spot, a little hard to find as it isn’t hugely advertised but that what makes it unique. I felt it was homely. It’s just a few minutes’ walk away from everything!! Attractions, shops, restaurants and many hair dressers and tattoo shops.
Secondly the Service was great, lovely guys in there that know so much about the area and are very informative. We felt very welcomed. Room service will come by everyday and clean around and replace towels and bedding however if you don’t want them to you just hang your do not disturb note on the door.
Now for the best part, the room!! Again, wow. So clean, with lots and lots of space. In fact my boyfriend kept asking me why I was laying around the floor all the time when watching TV. There is just so much space. Rooms also come with DVD player (which came in handy during the raining cold nights) and also a CD player so you can bring your own tunes with you. Kitchen was spick and span. In fact everything looked brand new! Toaster, kettle, oven... everything you have in your own home including a washing machine which I was happy to see as I hate travelling home with dirty clothes. Big fridge/freezer so if you are staying long you don’t need to eat out all the time as you can prepare all your own food.
Bathroom was clean and again spacious. No problem with the water temperatures.
Bedroom was so cosy and comfortable. If you find it hard to sleep, my advice would be that you should keep the bedroom window closed during sleep hours. You can be woken up by traffic and lots of sirens. Other than that everything was amazing.
Felt just like chill out pad, no disruptions or any hassle.
I give it 10 out of 10. Book NOW!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blondevondoll
stoke-on-trent
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Just got back from the city warehouse apartments on a trip to manchester with my boyfriend to go for a nice meal and visit the imax cinema. The apartments are fabulous, modern and comfortable with everything you could possibly need. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly and helpful. Would definitly return hopefully for a few days next time. Whilst in manchester we visited the modern restaraunt in the urbis building, the food was amazing would reccomend the braised pigs head starter-delicious, food was fab cocktails were yummy and the view makes it even more special. Enjoy your stay.x

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We drove round the block 3 times to find this hotel as there wasn't a clear sign to spot it when driving. But that was no big problem. If you are driving, try and park in the little car park on the same road just past the next turning, it was £10 for 24 hours, cheap considering it's the City centre.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the apartments, considering where it is situated. We had a one bedroom apartment and it also had 2 sofa beds which I slept on, it was comfortable and not fabric like other hotels, so therefore clean. We used the the kitchen which was well stocked with utensils etc. Ironing board & iron were provided. No problems with the shower temperature or water pressure.
Couldn't fault the room service the following morning, we were asked if there was anything we needed and were promptly supplied with the items requested.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends